This board needs a "Aliens Exist" Thread...!

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2015, 2:12 am

Has anyone found an artifact that could not have originated on this planet.

Has it been scientifically studied? Have the findings been made public?

Until there is hard evidence we can assume no aliens have visited us.

The nearest star that might have a type M planet is Tau Cetti which is 11 ly distant. Intelligent life on exoplanets is going to have the same difficulty we do in go near or at light speed in a massive vehicle.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2015, 6:05 am

How can we even be so certain that WE originated from this planet ? Some astronomers theorise that all of the water that's on this big blue planet or at least most or much of this planet's water actually came from meteor(ite)-deposits (carrying lots of ice from elsewhere to this location over time many years ago). What if the theoretical "primordial-soup" was also not of this planet's origin but maybe also deposited from ancient asteroids/meteor(ite)s ?

ruveyn wrote:

The nearest star that might have a type M planet is Tau Cetti which is 11 ly distant. Intelligent life on exoplanets is going to have the same difficulty we do in go near or at light speed in a massive vehicle.

Now we also have something like this...

The way I see it though is that any alien-race or advanced civilisation would probably also be a very clean society, and I mean a VERY CLEAN civilisation, such to the point where they DO NOT LEAVE GARBAGE lying around. Try to find things that they may have left behind ? Any "finds" are more-likely to be of human-origin than alien-origin (and that aliens would simply NOT be leaving things behind due to being able to clean up after themselves [efficiently I might add]).

Humans are such filthy creatures who create a lot of garbage, they toss all of their crap everywhere, littering their trash all over like the stinking filth that they are. Damn humans. FEW of them EVER bother to recycle (ESPECIALLY those Americans whose garbage-output is at LEAST 4x that of the rest of the ENTIRE WORLD COMBINED ANNUALLY !). Any alien-race/species/civilisation with any advanced level of knowledge/technology would certainly be highly unlikely to ever need such things as land-fills. For these reasons I have my doubts that "alien-artifacts having been found & studied scientifically" would EVER be fulfilled (but aliens are still real as far as I'm concerned for reasons I do not wish to go over in elaborate detail right now).

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2015, 5:17 am

Ban-Dodger wrote:
The way I see it though is that any alien-race or advanced civilisation would probably also be a very clean society, and I mean a VERY CLEAN civilisation, such to the point where they DO NOT LEAVE GARBAGE lying around. Try to find things that they may have left behind ? Any "finds" are more-likely to be of human-origin than alien-origin (and that aliens would simply NOT be leaving things behind due to being able to clean up after themselves [efficiently I might add]).

Humans are such filthy creatures who create a lot of garbage, they toss all of their crap everywhere, littering their trash all over like the stinking filth that they are. Damn humans. FEW of them EVER bother to recycle (ESPECIALLY those Americans whose garbage-output is at LEAST 4x that of the rest of the ENTIRE WORLD COMBINED ANNUALLY !). Any alien-race/species/civilisation with any advanced level of knowledge/technology would certainly be highly unlikely to ever need such things as land-fills. For these reasons I have my doubts that "alien-artifacts having been found & studied scientifically" would EVER be fulfilled (but aliens are still real as far as I'm concerned for reasons I do not wish to go over in elaborate detail right now).

Rather than being filthy, I think problem with humans is they are unable (as societies) to transcend Malsow's hierarchy of needs. Those of us living in affluent western countries are happily destroying natural resources of this planet without much forward planning for either future generations or for the planet itself. Countries are dominated by short term thinking leaders and business interests that support them. The global damage to the planet is self-evident and we are led to believe that technology will solve pollution and global warming?

Aliens would (hypothetically) see us poor stewards and unable to sustainably look after our planet. Let alone live together without war.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2015, 9:35 pm

ruveyn wrote:

Sadly the answer is no. There are plenty of tantalizing stories in UFO lore, but like a lot of evidence, it has always been lost or stolen. I've hoped that one day a UFO contactee would come forward with a piece of metallic hydrogen and say 'here is proof positive', but that's never happened. Thus UFOs continue to have a phenomenological existence.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2015, 2:25 am

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

Sadly the answer is no. There are plenty of tantalizing stories in UFO lore, but like a lot of evidence, it has always been lost or stolen. I've hoped that one day a UFO contactee would come forward with a piece of metallic hydrogen and say 'here is proof positive', but that's never happened. Thus UFOs continue to have a phenomenological existence.

no dispute UFOs exist. We all see things flying in the sky we cant identify.