Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

cool71588
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Jun 2015, 11:47 pm

I just wanted to start by saying that I'm a huge film person and I own 1018 Blu-Ray films!! ! If you had to pick one film that's your favorite, what will it be?
Mine will always be Batman (1989). Tim Burton did great on making the film pretty dark. Michael Keaton is my best Batman and Jack Nicholson is my best Joker!! !

Tianna
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jun 2015, 12:18 am

One of my favorites is " The thin red line".
"Beetlejuice" was the first movie that got my attention and made me want to watch more movies.

And "Dark knight" is my favorite batman movie.

Thanks.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2015, 9:16 pm

The Man from Earth is a little known movie that is in my opinion, a gem. The entire movie takes place in one little room with a bunch of scientists/professors talking about one subject. The whole movie is the conversation and you're drawn into it as if you were in the room with them.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 11:54 am

Deja vu...

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 2:44 pm

Favorite Movie Series: The Harry Potter movies and the Jason Bourne Series
{including Bourne Legacy}

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2015, 11:06 am

That's SOOOO extremely difficult to name, just ONE----but, I MIGHT be able to do it, by genre.....

Musical: "The Sound of Music", "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas", "Rent", "Chicago"

Drama: "Terminator 2", "Rambo 1 & 2", "The Shawshank Redemption", "A Few Good Men", "The Poseidon Adventure"

Romance: "Pretty Woman", "Love, Actually"

Comedy: "Arthur 1 & 2", "King Ralph", "Airplane", "Mrs. Doubtfire", "Big", "The Santa Clause" (all of them)

Adventure: "Night at the Museum 1 & 2" (haven't seen 3), "National Treasure 1 & 2", "The Swiss Family Robinson"

Horror: "Chucky 2", "Rosemary's Baby", "The Hand That Rocked the Cradle"

Sci-Fi: "Jurassic Park" (I've only seen the first one), "Star Wars"

Family: "Pollyanna", "Bedknobs and Broomsticks", "Herbie the Lovebug", "Mary Poppins"

Animated: "Toy Story", "Cars", "The Little Mermaid", "Lion King"----too many, to name.....

Nope, couldn't do it----couldn't name, just ONE----BUT, gun-to-my-head, "The Sound of Music".

There's just SOOOO many more, though----I have, like, 600 tapes / DVDs----I forgot "Thelma and Louise", "Twister", "Silkwood", "War Games", "Forrest Gump", "Rain Man", "Suspect", in the Drama category----"The Wizard of Oz", in "Family"----"The Rocky Horror Picture Show, in "Musicals"----"Trading Places", in Comedy.....

These are all movies that I've watched again, and again, and again----and, they never get old!!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2015, 9:32 pm

If it's a matter of a movie that I can watch without it ever getting old, then currently that would be John Carpenter's The Thing, or Cthulhu.
But this rule had also been applicable to other movies in the past, such as Blade Runner, The Hitcher (original version), The Dead Zone, Conan The Barbarian, Re-Animator, and JFK.

WednesdayWoe1
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Jun 2015, 9:50 pm

The Rocky Horror Picture Show, without a doubt! Been my favourite since I was about 4 (used to be tied with Grease but that got bumped down to second as I grew older). I could probably replay the whole film in my head. Haha.

Also, so many great films in this thread! I love nearly all of them :D

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2015, 3:18 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Favorite Movie Series: The Harry Potter movies and the Jason Bourne Series
{including Bourne Legacy}

Favorite Fantasy Movies: Lord Of The Rings

Favorite Animation: Anything by Pixar {difficult to name just one}

Favorite Dramas: Forrest Gump, Rain Man, 12 Years A Slave, The Social Network, and The King's Speech
{difficult to name just one}

Sachorus27
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Jun 2015, 9:35 am

While nothing immediately sticks out there is one film which I will always sit down and happily watch no matter how many times I have seen it or even if its already half way done on the TeleBox, that glorious film is our first summer blockbuster JAWS.

Given enough time I'll probably name my actual favourite but even then JAWS would be pretty close to the top.