Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

pop1
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jun 2015, 12:06 pm

Hello,
I am currently being assessed for Aspergers and gave in my school reports. However, the pre-school / primary school reports seem fine...should i be worried? For example, In my P1 report it says 'enjoys playing in sand', and 'gets along well with other people.'

At high school the shyness, skipping school, being gullible, selective mutism, never talking, hating PE, not understanding people was more evident.
Also, because of being bullied my gades were low. not good at math but good at IT and Art.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2015, 12:40 pm

pop1 wrote:
Hello,
I am currently being assessed for Aspergers and gave in my school reports. However, the pre-school / primary school reports seem fine...should i be worried? For example, In my P1 report it says 'enjoys playing in sand', and 'gets along well with other people.'

At high school the shyness, skipping school, being gullible, selective mutism, never talking, hating PE, not understanding people was more evident.
Also, because of being bullied my gades were low. not good at math but good at IT and Art.

Diagnostic Criteria for Autism Spectrum Disorder
Quote:
Symptoms must be present in the early developmental period (but may not become fully manifest until social demands exceed limited capacities, or may be masked by learned strategies in later life).

It is up to the individual psychologist and how he or she intercepts things, specifically what I bolded. The idea is not to get a Autism diagnosis per say but to get the correct diagnosis that will help you deal with whatever is inhibiting you. Do tell us how the assessment goes as there are people here who can tell by the language the clinician uses if they have a dated understanding of autism or have an agenda that is not about you.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

pop1
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jun 2015, 2:16 pm

I know this is the wrong topic to post in) sorry

Anyway, what would YOU think?

More about me:
English was not my first language, i spoke english at 5 years old. And there were racist attacks at my home...could this be why i hate loud noises? This is why my family kept me away from other kids in the street. But even when i went to my cousins house i could never communicate well with them(join in). Iwas not a normal girl, i did not play with dolls or makeup(or i was afraid to?)

It feels like something happened to me at high school or got worse. I couldnt speak to anyone, i felt out of place. I kept following other kids, i didnt know they were not my friends..Now i cannot make eye contact at all, weird body language(stiff movements), However, when i was younger i also had these movements(stiff body, 8 years old). I was hyperactive in the home, attention seaking, but in school i was different (selective mutism).
I passed my high school exams without really studying. I also have recurring dreams once a year, maladaptive daydreaming, dont go out much..

pop1
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jun 2015, 3:33 pm

pop1 wrote:
I know this is the wrong topic to post in) sorry

Anyway, what would YOU think?

More about me:
English was not my first language, i spoke english at 5 years old. And there were racist attacks at my home...could this be why i hate loud noises? This is why my family kept me away from other kids in the street. But even when i went to my cousins house i could never communicate well with them(join in). Iwas not a normal girl, i did not play with dolls or makeup(or i was afraid to?)

It feels like something happened to me at high school or got worse. I couldnt speak to anyone, i felt out of place. I kept following other kids, i didnt know they were not my friends..Now i cannot make eye contact at all, weird body language(stiff movements), However, when i was younger i also had these movements(stiff body, 8 years old). I was hyperactive in the home, attention seaking, but in school i was different (selective mutism).
I passed my high school exams without really studying. I also have recurring dreams once a year, maladaptive daydreaming, dont go out much..

..and i think with maladaptive daydreaming its disscoiative identity disorder or something..PTSD..? and my father passed away when i was 10.

So, do u think i have Aspergers? Or just crazy?!

pcuser
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2015, 6:23 pm

Well, welcome and welcome to the 'club'. Many here feel as you do. You are not alone and should continue searching for answers. Even answers you wish weren't true are useful.

Rudin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 8:51 am

This is atypical from most people that have ASD however I wouldn't rule it out completely yet. However, I would think you have a form of social anxiety which has complex origins and can often develop rather than being intrinsic.

Usually people with Aspergers are a bit different, they are not very social in pre-school and kindergarten then get more social but there is a point when they are diagnosed in which it is more obvious for me it was 11 years old.

There are two different types of people with AS, those who obviously have Aspergers and have a hard time hiding it and those who are good at hiding it and sometimes remain undiagnosed until adulthood. You might be the latter, emphasis on might.

-Paul Erdos

"There are two types of cryptography in this world: cryptography that will stop your kid sister from looking at your files, and cryptography that will stop major governments from reading your files."

-Bruce Schneider