Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

spiritnja
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jun 2015, 6:54 am

Here's some advice to get better at socializing, and surviving in mainstream society. Everybody is socially conditioned from a young age by different sources, like family, peers, school, TV, government etc..most of these do not really have your best interests in mind, or they are misguided themselves. Social norms which are agreed upon by the majority consensus determine what behaviors are considered 'normal' or 'acceptable' or not. They only thing that makes something 'awkward' or 'wierd' is because that's just what the majority happened to agree with at that particular place. In other societies like Asian societies, people with mental disorders have reported that people there are kinder and more respectful than people in the U.S..That's because they weren't conditioned to think that acting like a bunch of ret*d jackasses is considered 'cool'..

I could've been labeled with a handful of mental disorders at one point, but I never identified with them and turned out all the better for it. I was very socially awkward and times, and was so afraid to talk to girls that the thought of going up to them would start to make me physically nauseous. After going out and approaching hundreds of girls, by myself among doing other things, I was finally able to get over it. I'm here to say that you can say damn near anything and it'll work or not be considered wierd if you believe in it enough. Whoever has the strongest reality wins, as that old saying goes.

If you are very shy, you can start by just making eye contact with people, and then asking things like the time or for directions, then start having a bit longer conversations from there. If you're a guy, I'd recommend starting to work out, more like an MMA fighter. Turn your body into a formidable tool and weapon of survival. It will give you that much more confidence. Nextly stop taking s**t from people who try to bully you, If they start it, you have the right to do whatever it takes to put that aggressive act down, any amount of force that is necessary..point, blank, period. Do not let them just get away with that s**t, it's time to start bloodying their noses..they are hopelessly conditioned by a system that they are blind to, but that does not mean that there actions should not have consequences..

Pop culture, and the media, which is owned by five corporations..dictate what is considered 'cool' or not, as well as the local region you happen to be living in. So learn the local culture and subculture in your region and adapt your approach and style of dress to increase your chances of being successful there. Also learn how to verbally defend yourself, and how to talk trash, it could help you out alot.

Until we live in a world where everyone is accepted for who they, are no matter how different, it's important to wake up to the reality of the world that we are living in. Society and culture are NOT your friends, as Terrence McKenna said..advertisers are not your friends either. They also just want to mind-control you..This path is not for the faint-hearted, you will be tested MERCILESSLY by people and by society for daring to go against their norms, and doing what it actually takes to become free and happy. It's going to take courage, real courage to do this..but guess what, courage is just the decision, the choice to do the right thing no matter how afraid you are. You can keep on feeling like a victim though, and suffering, and living a sh***y life, or you can ask yourself..have you had enough yet? Have you had enough pain and BS, that you don't even care about fear anymore, or even death? The choice is yours...

spiritnja
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

spiritnja
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

spiritnja
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jun 2015, 7:11 am

f**k it, let's just add an epic soundtrack to this too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFYCq_LNuaE

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 7:15 am

Hello, Manifesto Man!

Actually a lot of what you describe sounds like examples of CBT(Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) which has been proven quite effective. There are many in the health profession thatteach this skill, so I wouldn't be so down on the psychologists.

As for recognizing our culture is shaped quite a bit by advertising, and the businesses behind them? Pretty well known fact, and you should include our political system as well.

The joy of being an independent adult is that we can choose how we live our lives. Developing critical thinking skills doesn't make us "Neo", unfortunately. :wink:

spiritnja
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jun 2015, 7:26 am

You're right it doesn't make you Neo, wait till you get me started talking about the REAL crazy stuff, jedi-mind level material, that would be more closer to it.

spiritnja
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jun 2015, 7:34 am

Advertising and marketing uses manipulative psychological tactics to prey on people's insecurities. It's another part of this control system societal matrix. Here's what grafitti mural artist and activist Banksy had to say about that..

"People are taking the piss out of you everyday. They butt into your life, take a cheap shot at you and then disappear. They leer at you from tall buildings and make you feel small. They make flippant comments from buses that imply you’re not sexy enough and that all the fun is happening somewhere else. They are on TV making your girlfriend feel inadequate. They have access to the most sophisticated technology the world has ever seen and they bully you with it. They are The Advertisers and they are laughing at you.
You, however, are forbidden to touch them. Trademarks, intellectual property rights and copyright law mean advertisers can say what they like wherever they like with total impunity.
f**k that. Any advert in a public space that gives you no choice whether you see it or not is yours. It’s yours to take, re-arrange and re-use. You can do whatever you like with it. Asking for permission is like asking to keep a rock someone just threw at your head.
You owe the companies nothing. Less than nothing, you especially don’t owe them any courtesy. They owe you. They have re-arranged the world to put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission, don’t even start asking for theirs."
– Banksy

spiritnja
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jun 2015, 7:36 am

Here is a song/speech by former Black Flag frontman Henry Rollins. It's one of the most profound things I've ever heard regarding feeling lonely or isolated from people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Bo3UTrBw3U

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 7:45 am

Doesn't seem ironic that Banksy's art has become so commercially successful? I watched a documentary on him, and he is an interesting fellow.

I don't believe that all advertising is evil. Good advertising can be art. Ads are manipulative by design, but in the end we all vote with our wallets. We still have some choice.

spiritnja
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jun 2015, 7:49 am

This society and culture are not your friends as I've said before. They want you to be meek, servile sheep..that is their goal here folks. Don't put up with any of this socially-conditioned, socially-engineered BS any longer. They're not just going to give it to you though, so you're going to have to fight.

Peace and love can only exist freely in a truly peaceful society, this society is not peaceful, it's predatory and sociopathic, therefor you must do whatever it takes as an empowered human being to survive and to be free..

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 7:55 am

What are you fighting against exactly? The Man?

To quote Tool's "Hooker with a Penis":

I met a boy wearing Vans, 501s, and a Dope Beastie t, nipple rings, and New tattoos that claimed that he Was OGT, From '92, The first EP. And in between Sips of Coke He told me that He thought We were sellin' out, Layin' down, Suckin' up To the man. Well now I've got some A-dvice for you, little buddy. Before you point the finger You should know that I'm the man, And if I'm the man, Then you're the man, and He's the man as well so you can Point that f****n' finger up your a$$.

spiritnja
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jun 2015, 8:15 am

Its more than just 'The Man', and everyone has to earn money and survive in this slavery system unless they want to be homeless, so as long as they aren't hurting anyone else or being manipulative, then its fine. Did you know that medieval peasants actually had more free time than people in the U.S. nowadays? They'd bust their ass during planting and harvesting season, but would just chill out the rest of the time. It's modern-day Neo-Feudalism is what it is. If you wanna be happy in that system then go for it, but at least know whats going on first.

spiritnja
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jun 2015, 8:24 am

MjrMajorMajor wrote:
Hello, Manifesto Man!

Actually a lot of what you describe sounds like examples of CBT(Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) which has been proven quite effective. There are many in the health profession thatteach this skill, so I wouldn't be so down on the psychologists.

CBT armchair psychologists haven't been able to help me at all Major, it wasn't since I got out of that whole psychiatric system that I started to slowly get better. It seemed like they don't have the slightest idea about what you're going through, and I've read up quite a bit on psychology on my own, and at best some of their advice was starting to come close to some of what I've read, but that's it. Now I feel about a hundred times stronger, freer, and happier than I did back then since I've adopted some of those mindsets above, go figure.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 8:29 am

^^^ Glad you feel well, but you seem quite angry.

I prefer sanitation, modern medicine, and an average life expectancy of over thirty. You're romanticizing the past while enjoying a myriad of modern conveniences. :chin:

spiritnja
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jun 2015, 8:36 am

Modern conveniences have come as a product of history Major. What about all of the stuff we could be having right now that they're keeping from us? Like we could use hemp to replace the the lumber and paper industry, the building materials industry, and many others. Henry Ford made a car with a hemp plastic body that was lighter and stronger than steel, and it ran on hemp bio-diesel. We could be having that by now, or we could be using crazier stuff like zero-point energy and Tesla technology, and could've had flying cars by now. We haven't needed to use the gasoline combustion engine since at least the 50's..