Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Rudin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 7:05 am

Hello friends of Wrong Planet,

My username is Rudin which I've named myself. Rudin was the last name of a famous mathematician that wrote great mathematics text, if you study advanced mathematics I can almost assure you, you've read.

I am 12 years old and I was diagnosed with Aspergers this year shortly after my diagnosis of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). I have come here to discuss certain things I find challenging i.e. social cues, making friends, reciprocity etc. I may be young but I consider myself somewhat intelligent. I also take university mathematics courses and they are quite fun, I passed the final exam this year as well, so I think I can understand the concepts. I've also come here to discuss mathematics, cryptography, encryption and other academic things not related to Aspergers.

If you are interested in mathematics please PM me and we can chat about it.

Questions about you guys:

-What operating system do you use?

-Paul Erdos

"There are two types of cryptography in this world: cryptography that will stop your kid sister from looking at your files, and cryptography that will stop major governments from reading your files."

-Bruce Schneider

klstoner
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Jun 2015, 7:26 am

Hi Rudin,

Welcome.

I'm still on Win XP -- it works. For the time being, anyway.

But I have a Mac PowerBook, as well as an Android tablet, and I use Win7 Pro at work. I've been known to use Ubuntu, and may go back to it when XP blows up on me.

Cheers
K

Rudin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 8:19 am

klstoner wrote:
Hi Rudin,

Welcome.

I'm still on Win XP -- it works. For the time being, anyway.

But I have a Mac PowerBook, as well as an Android tablet, and I use Win7 Pro at work. I've been known to use Ubuntu, and may go back to it when XP blows up on me.

Cheers
K

I use Ubuntu myself. Planning on getting TAILS which is a Linux distro that has an emphasis on privacy and anonymity. I don't like the NSA's spying.

-Paul Erdos

"There are two types of cryptography in this world: cryptography that will stop your kid sister from looking at your files, and cryptography that will stop major governments from reading your files."

-Bruce Schneider

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

08 Jun 2015, 10:53 am

Welcome, Rudin! :D

Windows XP here. Quite satisfactory for my current needs.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 2:31 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 5:22 pm

Hey Rudin welcome. :sunny:

MLG4Ever
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jun 2015, 6:23 pm

Hi rudin, Welcome to WP!
... A 12 year old taking a University math class well I'm jelly I wish I could be as smart as you