Appalled By How Cop Handles Teenage Girl!

Page 1 of 9 [ 127 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 18 Jun 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,399

08 Jun 2015, 3:15 pm

I was repulsed when I saw the video in this story. Notice how the cop chooses the smallest girl there to man handle, wrestle to the ground and sit on, digging his knees into her back all the while she's terrified out of her wits. No excuse for doing that to her!

http://beforeitsnews.com/middle-east/20 ... 90904.html

And he didn't do this to anyone else, just her.



androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Sep 2014
Age: 49
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,746
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada

08 Jun 2015, 3:29 pm

http://www.wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=287591

I know, it's appalling. He should be ashamed of himself.



ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 18 Jun 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,399

08 Jun 2015, 3:32 pm

androbot01 wrote:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=287591

I know, it's appalling. He should be ashamed of himself.

Oops :oops: Didn't see your thread.



androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Sep 2014
Age: 49
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,746
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada

08 Jun 2015, 3:47 pm

No worries. It is interesting to see the officer's behaviour in the rest of the video as well. The black kids were rounded up while the white kids wandered freely.



Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Nov 2011
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,835
Location: Valproate Street and Thorazine Lane

08 Jun 2015, 4:10 pm

You can't see what lead up to the take down, so I'd be wary of any conclusion jumping.

I recall this was due to people trespassing on private property and the usual disturbances that go with that. That context needs to be applied to the overall event.



Last edited by Dillogic on 08 Jun 2015, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Sep 2014
Age: 49
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,746
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada

08 Jun 2015, 4:13 pm

I'm not certain what she could have done to warrant that. She didn't seem to have a weapon.



Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Nov 2011
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,835
Location: Valproate Street and Thorazine Lane

08 Jun 2015, 4:20 pm

androbot01 wrote:
I'm not certain what she could have done to warrant that. She didn't seem to have a weapon.


You don't need a weapon to be put on the ground, and there's a heap of valid reasons for why she could have been arrested in such a way. No one that looks at the video knows the reason.

Of course, he might have targeted her because she was smaller than he was and he needed to fill an arrest quota, but that's way down on the list and close to being outside of reality.

His drawing of the sidearm and reholstering looks fine with the males rushing at him though; it worked to deter them and no one was hurt. This is something you can see with certainty.



ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 18 Jun 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,399

08 Jun 2015, 4:28 pm

Dillogic wrote:
You can't see what lead up to the take down, so I'd be wary of any conclusion jumping.

I recall this was due to people trespassing on private property and the usual disturbances that go with that. That context needs to be applied to the overall event.

There is absolutely no excuse for the way that officer took down that small girl.



ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 18 Jun 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,399

08 Jun 2015, 4:30 pm

Dillogic wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
I'm not certain what she could have done to warrant that. She didn't seem to have a weapon.


You don't need a weapon to be put on the ground, and there's a heap of valid reasons for why she could have been arrested in such a way. No one that looks at the video knows the reason.

Of course, he might have targeted her because she was smaller than he was and he needed to fill an arrest quota, but that's way down on the list and close to being outside of reality.

His drawing of the sidearm and reholstering looks fine with the males rushing at him though; it worked to deter them and no one was hurt. This is something you can see with certainty.


How can you even defend it. Not only that, she was clearly terrified. She had no place to put a weapon she was wearing a two piece swim suit. That officer crossed a line IMO. He had no right to sit on her like that.

I think he treated her that way because she was small and wearing that swim suit. There's more to this than meets the eye, I am sure. Probably hoping her swim suit would come off or something. Honestly, I wondered if the cop is some perv after watching that video.



Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Nov 2011
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,835
Location: Valproate Street and Thorazine Lane

08 Jun 2015, 4:51 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
How can you even defend it. Not only that, she was clearly terrified. She had no place to put a weapon she was wearing a two piece swim suit. That officer crossed a line IMO. He had no right to sit on her like that.

I think he treated her that way because she was small and wearing that swim suit. There's more to this than meets the eye, I am sure. Probably hoping her swim suit would come off or something. Honestly, I wondered if the cop is some perv after watching that video.


Defend what? You can't see why she was arrested in such a way. If she struck him, even daintily, that's enough to be put on the ground like that whether you're a 100 pound girl or 200 pound man, and for good reason. Refusing to move and verbally abusing an officer tends to warrant the same response too, for another good reason. Of course she'd be scared, as she just got arrested and is going for a ride down to the station. You'd be surprised how many people call for mommy after acting hard to the police.

Your second paragraph is an opinion and most likely the least likely explanation of the event.



ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 18 Jun 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,399

08 Jun 2015, 4:54 pm

Dillogic wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
How can you even defend it. Not only that, she was clearly terrified. She had no place to put a weapon she was wearing a two piece swim suit. That officer crossed a line IMO. He had no right to sit on her like that.

I think he treated her that way because she was small and wearing that swim suit. There's more to this than meets the eye, I am sure. Probably hoping her swim suit would come off or something. Honestly, I wondered if the cop is some perv after watching that video.


Defend what? You can't see why she was arrested in such a way. If she struck him, even daintily, that's enough to be put on the ground like that whether you're a 100 pound girl or 200 pound man. Refusing to move and verbally abusing an officer tends to warrant the same response too. Of course she'd be scared, as she just got arrested and is going for a ride down to the station. You'd be surprised how many people call for mommy after acting hard to the police.

Your second paragraph is an opinion and most likely the least likely explanation of the event.


To me it just looked like she walked away and look at all those other girls, Dillogic. They walked away just like she did and he didn't do that to the chubbier ones with more clothing, just her. That was no way to treat a girl in a swim suit and a small girl does not need to be handled that way unless she is really wigging out and this girl wasn't. Watch the video. She wasn't even resisting when he had her down on the ground, just scared. In my opinion, the job is getting to that particular cop or something. He has some issues. Notice the other cops weren't as angry and cussing?

Notice when the cop gets distracted once again by another kid, the other cops help her up so she can sit like the other kids? And this is the girl that's resisting? Well then tell me why the other cops didn't have a problem sitting her up? They also didn't have a problem cuffing her either. So strange how magically she wasn't resisting as soon as the one cop got up. It's very dangerous to have a cop who is that angry and annoyed sitting on a person like that. That girl is lucky she wasn't seriously injured. All he has to do is press his knees really hard, putting his body weight on them, he could have easily killed a girl that small. He could have sent her into cardiac arrest.



Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Nov 2011
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,835
Location: Valproate Street and Thorazine Lane

08 Jun 2015, 5:05 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
To me it just looked like she walked away and look at all those other girls, Dillogic. They walked away just like she did and he didn't do that to the chubbier ones with more clothing, just her. That was no way to treat a girl in a swim suit and a small girl does not need to be handled that way unless she is really wigging out and this girl wasn't. Watch the video. She wasn't even resisting when he had her down on the ground, just scared. In my opinion, the job is getting to that particular cop or something. He has some issues. Notice the other cops weren't as angry and cussing?


Just because she's small and in a swimsuit doesn't mean she's going to be treated any differently in regards to being taken down (other than probably only needing the one officer to do it). She was psychically resisting the arrest, which is why he had to use more physical force. She was singled out for a reason, yes, but your reasoning is that she's small and in a swimsuit being that reason, but there's so many more that are not just more logically sound, but also the most likely reason for it. Wait till that reason is known before jumping to conclusions.

He seemed pretty cool to me, especially when the males rushed at him, which the other officers went after when they fled.



ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 18 Jun 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,399

08 Jun 2015, 5:10 pm

Dillogic wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
To me it just looked like she walked away and look at all those other girls, Dillogic. They walked away just like she did and he didn't do that to the chubbier ones with more clothing, just her. That was no way to treat a girl in a swim suit and a small girl does not need to be handled that way unless she is really wigging out and this girl wasn't. Watch the video. She wasn't even resisting when he had her down on the ground, just scared. In my opinion, the job is getting to that particular cop or something. He has some issues. Notice the other cops weren't as angry and cussing?


Just because she's small and in a swimsuit doesn't mean she's going to be treated any differently in regards to being taken down (other than probably only needing the one officer to do it). She was psychically resisting the arrest, which is why he had to use more physical force. She was singled out for a reason, yes, but your reasoning is that she's small and in a swimsuit being that reason, but there's so many more that are not just more logically sound, but also the most likely reason for it. Wait till that reason is known before jumping to conclusions.

He seemed pretty cool to me, especially when the males rushed at him, which the other officers went after when they fled.



They were all doing that! Watch the video! All of them were talking back and walking around except the ones who were cuffed and sitting on the ground. The girl who was eventually brought down was with a group of several girls. And the uncuffed ones all came to her rescue and yet he didn't try anything with them. He might have pulled out his gun but he didn't touch any of them and there were cuffs on several boys and they were all sitting upright. One was uncuffed, went over and he shooed him away, cussed him, and then he said the girl was his cousin. The cop targeted her and it was most likely because of her size and the fact she wasn't wearing a lot of clothing. It was clear they were all friends of hers and they felt she was being treated harshly and they didn't agree with it. They didn't react to the others like that who were sitting already cuffed and waiting but they sure didn't like the way the cop treated her.

The cop was acting like a loose cannon. He was just yelling at them all and seemed disorganized. He was angry so he took it out on the smallest one there. That's how it looks.



Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Nov 2011
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,835
Location: Valproate Street and Thorazine Lane

08 Jun 2015, 5:14 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Notice when the cop gets distracted once again by another kid, the other cops help her up so she can sit like the other kids? And this is the girl that's resisting? Well then tell me why the other cops didn't have a problem sitting her up? They also didn't have a problem cuffing her either. So strange how magically she wasn't resisting as soon as the one cop got up. It's very dangerous to have a cop who is that angry and annoyed sitting on a person like that. That girl is lucky she wasn't seriously injured. All he has to do is press his knees really hard, putting his body weight on them, he could have easily killed a girl that small. He could have sent her into cardiac arrest.


I'd say they let her up due to her being cuffed and under control at that point. At the beginning, it was just that one officer and her (once the other two chased the men). Seems fairly routine to me.

As for the type of restrain used, that'd be up to what the police deem appropriate. Whilst it might look "bad" to one person (or many), it might actually be "good" to experts on the matter.



Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Nov 2011
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,835
Location: Valproate Street and Thorazine Lane

08 Jun 2015, 5:19 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
They were all doing that! Watch the video! All of them were talking back and walking around except the ones who were cuffed and sitting on the ground. The girl who was eventually brought down was with a group of several girls. And the uncuffed ones all came to her rescue and yet he didn't try anything with them. He might have pulled out his gun but he didn't touch any of them and there were cuffs on several boys and they were all sitting upright. One was uncuffed, went over and he shooed him away, cussed him, and then he said the girl was his cousin. The cop targeted her and it was most likely because of her size and the fact she wasn't wearing a lot of clothing. It was clear they were all friends of hers and they felt she was being treated harshly and they didn't agree with it. They didn't react to the others like that who were sitting already cuffed and waiting but they sure didn't like the way the cop treated her.

The cop was acting like a loose cannon. He was just yelling at them all and seemed disorganized. He was angry so he took it out on the smallest one there. That's how it looks.


I have watched it.

He singled her out, and made the arrest. Why that happened is unknown at this point. You can't see what happened as the camera was moving around and not focused on the officer and young woman early on; all we see is the actual arrest in progress and the aftermath. We don't know what happened leading up to all of this.

Anything else is speculation, some more reasonable than others.

You say he was angry and possibly a pervert, and chose the small female in the bikini to abuse for no lawful reason.

Does that sound like reasonable speculation?



Last edited by Dillogic on 08 Jun 2015, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.