Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

BrainPower101
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Jun 2015, 2:14 pm

Has anyone here taken or are on medications? There are currently no known drugs to treat the core causes of autism but researchers are working on it.

I'm taking Prozac and Sirolimus, in mice models the drug sirolimus reversed autism by decreasing unnecessary cellular connectivity, the drug doesn't do the pruning just helps increase authophagy that happens natural but people with autism don't have enough of this. I start treatment today.

I have some social anxiety and depression but it's manageable.

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2015, 3:16 pm

I don't like to take any medicine unless I really really need it.

I take fish oil vitamins though

Destruction and creation are 2 sides of the same coin.

Crazyfool
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jun 2015, 4:03 pm

The only thing I'm currently prescribed is adderall. I've been on it for years now. Sometimes I wonder if it's even helping or just making matters worse somehow.

I used to feel great when I was on it. My mind felt sharp and my confidence was up. Now it seems to have the opposite affect and seems to make every bit of stimuli around me almost unbareable.... Now that I think about it, it's like that either way adderall or not. I just keep taking it in hopes that it just might make life a little more manageable.

I feel like most people around here really seem to embrace their diagnosis and even sometimes snarl at the idea of medication intervention.

I on the otherhand, am oh so desperate for some kind of relief whether it be a problem pill, a surgery, or some kind of therapy... I really don't care. I just need some help badly!

That's why I've started taking matters into my own hands by self medicating. I've been dilly dabbing with different benzodiazepines and have found them remarkably beneficial. I've experienced complete recession of some of my most debiltating symptoms while medicating with them.

Situations that would usually overwhelm me are suddenly appealing to me. Talking with someone becomes soothing rather than being extremely uncomfortable and exhausting. I'm finally able to respond to my thoughts and emotions in a rationable way. I'm able to think deeply about something where it is necessary and just respond quickly to other mundane tasks, rather the excert unnecessary attention to little things ( such as doing the dishes or people hanging out with a friend)

Only thing that really sucks is the potential addiction associated with this type of drug. If I knew that no tolerance would develope or no rebound symptoms after stoping the meds I would be completely content taking them for the rest of my life. Unfortunately that's exacally what I'm looking at if I use them long term and it really makes me sad to realize that :/

BrainPower101
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Jun 2015, 5:08 pm

Crazyfool wrote:
The only thing I'm currently prescribed is adderall. I've been on it for years now. Sometimes I wonder if it's even helping or just making matters worse somehow.

I used to feel great when I was on it. My mind felt sharp and my confidence was up. Now it seems to have the opposite affect and seems to make every bit of stimuli around me almost unbareable.... Now that I think about it, it's like that either way adderall or not. I just keep taking it in hopes that it just might make life a little more manageable.

I feel like most people around here really seem to embrace their diagnosis and even sometimes snarl at the idea of medication intervention.

I on the otherhand, am oh so desperate for some kind of relief whether it be a problem pill, a surgery, or some kind of therapy... I really don't care. I just need some help badly!

That's why I've started taking matters into my own hands by self medicating. I've been dilly dabbing with different benzodiazepines and have found them remarkably beneficial. I've experienced complete recession of some of my most debiltating symptoms while medicating with them.

Situations that would usually overwhelm me are suddenly appealing to me. Talking with someone becomes soothing rather than being extremely uncomfortable and exhausting. I'm finally able to respond to my thoughts and emotions in a rationable way. I'm able to think deeply about something where it is necessary and just respond quickly to other mundane tasks, rather the excert unnecessary attention to little things ( such as doing the dishes or people hanging out with a friend)

Only thing that really sucks is the potential addiction associated with this type of drug. If I knew that no tolerance would develope or no rebound symptoms after stoping the meds I would be completely content taking them for the rest of my life. Unfortunately that's exacally what I'm looking at if I use them long term and it really makes me sad to realize that :/

I'm surprised you got benzos, most people with ASD don't have much friends or go out to get what they want. They're too anxious.

I never smoked weed or went out to get Molly's which they say can help people with ASD unlearn some bad behaviors and obsessions, but it's illegal of course.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yfaNDr_wUk

However, I'm probably the first person to do the Sirolimus experiment. Last year a study was conducted on mice with autistic traits and supposedly it cured them permanently. The drug is very toxic and has never been tested on humans but I'm hoping it will help. The good news is, it's not something that may require long term treatment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWIvZR3YI44

Lastly, do you feel depressed while taking Adderall? I used to love it, it would boost my libido and concentration but now all it does is make me depressed.

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2015, 6:40 pm

Some have claimed good results from Oxytocin, though I have never tried it.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2015, 6:17 am

Epsom salt baths can help.
Use about 2 cups of Epsom salts in your bath water, but not more than that.
Epsom salts contain magnesium (which helps calm you down)
and sulphates (which people say that autistic people tend to be low on).
I know that Epsom salt helps put me in a good mood
and also helps with migraine headaches.

It's natural,
and real cheap, too!

"It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine." -- REM