Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Jun 2015, 6:31 am

I was just curious what people thought about the game overall

transformingcar
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2015, 2:15 pm

I haven't played it, But something about the "online" part makes me feel like it's a step in the wrong direction...

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2015, 6:13 pm

I play it and love it. The landscape in the game is one of the most beautiful I've seen, and the combat in the game is lots of fun. The quests are also some of the best written I've come across in a MMO-style game.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2015, 8:25 pm

I am playing it on Xbox One, I waited over a year for it to come out and am happy playing it. Has taken me a while to understand some of the crafting and other elements.

Bentastic197
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Jun 2015, 8:50 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
I am playing it on Xbox One, I waited over a year for it to come out and am happy playing it. Has taken me a while to understand some of the crafting and other elements.

I have an Xbox One too. Wanna add me? GT: Bentastic197

Last edited by Bentastic197 on 16 Jun 2015, 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2015, 8:51 pm

If it was offline like Skyrim then I'd give it a try...
I hate pvp its so unfair and vile :(

Bentastic197
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Jun 2015, 8:56 pm

DailyPoutine1 wrote:
If it was offline like Skyrim then I'd give it a try...
I hate pvp its so unfair and vile :(

It's an MMO and so far the gameplay I've watched you can either play alone or with a team. It's an MMO afterall.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2015, 8:58 pm

Ehh The Witcher 3 will keep me occupied for a while anyways.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2015, 9:32 am

Does anyone know if restoration staff healing abilities work with summoned daedra?

My main plan in my nuild has been support as a mage, I mostly want to use dark magic, with a couple points into Daedric summoning to have a clanfear distract. I have mostly been using Destruction staff for the higher damage, but now hitting level 15 I have the choice of an alternate weapon and that I can assign different spells to it, but I really don't understand how it works.

Or perhaps I should focus on Dark Magic, but I know I want the Winged Twilight, and then there are all these passive abilities, and I want to keep on top of clothing too, and perhaps woodworking. So worrisome for what to put points into. Might put one into at least one healing spell.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2015, 2:13 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
Does anyone know if restoration staff healing abilities work with summoned daedra?

In Skyrim it didn't. i don't think they changed the lore.

Xilas
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Jul 2015, 7:30 am

I LOVE this game (never thought i would... being a die hard oblivion fan)... don't talk to me about Skyrim!! ! that ruined it for me... anyway... staying on topic...:

The reason i LOVE this game:

. The *free-form*: Even if you are a Templar who specs in healing you can be ANYTHING you want to be (like the other games)

. They have kept the guilds

. you can kill AYNTHING at any level... although it is ALMOST impossible to kill a level 20 mob as level 5 (example only)

. The fact that it is more *single player MMO*: EG; you do any quest you want as long as you can find it... you don't HAVE to group with anyone if you dont want to... you can go explore anywhere on your own

. The voice acting (they have kept a lot of the *voices* from the previous games)

. you can still *steal* and *stealth*

. The crafting system

. You can *launder* stolen goods if you want to keep them *think stealing *epic armor of Epicness* and KEEPING it :D

What i don't like:

. only 4 classes!! !!

. The login errors (you get a LOT of them)

. the fact that you lose stealth (automatically) anytime you hit any character with a spell weapon (in the other games you would remain stealthed, as long as they couldn't *see you*

. They lost the Theives guild (as far as i have seen)

. the fact you need Soul Gems to ressurect (your nearest wayshrine could be 20 mins away from where you died!! !)

. Enchantments don't *Stack* (you cannot create a *Burning staff of Frozen Stamina* I.e you can only apply one enchanting effect... if you try to add another you will lose the first!)

. The fact that you need SPECIAL items to make a *fine* weapon and the fact it is CHANCE based... (it would allow you to create it in Skyrim without the chance of destruction)

. You don't lose Magicka any time you use a staff now (you did in oblivion)

. the fact that you have to use an *active ability* on your hot-bar to level it up (there is only so many slots to use :/)

CivMaster
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jul 2015, 1:06 pm

DailyPoutine1 wrote:
In Skyrim it didn't. i don't think they changed the lore.

they changed the lore to make this game. in all other games the time this game portraits is NOT one of a deadra invasion

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2015, 5:38 pm

Because no one else ha, I will answer my own question from earlier. Yes, you can use healing spells on your own summoned daedra, and so far it has been a relatively good strategy to let my daedra focus on attacks and soaking up damage while I can heal them, and my dark spells are fairly good at disrupting. I also think that a staff enchantment to help recover magicka is also great to keep up the flow.

The question though might be what to put to my alternate destructive staff. Keeping staves seems the way to go as staff damage is based on how much is put into magicka, while other weapons go off of stamina, which I have put nothing into yet.

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2015, 1:31 am

I thought this game received bad reviews but I have been hearing good things about it from other gamers. I might give it a try.