Nintendo's 2015/16 release chart: Plenty of Colors for ALL

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2015, 1:15 pm

This image is for all the releases including Amiibos and Amiibo cards.

Notes of Interest:

*All Amiibos work with Super Mario Maker (Wii U), allowing you to be that character in the game.
*The 8-bit 30th Anniversary Mario Amiibo gives you a mega mushroom for Super Mario Maker everytime you tap it (this is the only way to get said mushroom)
*The Amiibo Cards work with both Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (3DS) and Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival (Wii U).
*Amiibo Festival seasons and boards change based on the month
*Special DK and Bowser Amiibos for the new Skylanders (Wii U)
*LoZ: Triforce Heroes has local play, single player, and full online play (3DS)
*It has costumes that influence characters
*Star Fox: Zero is a reboot of the Star Fox Time Line, has many new vehicles, is co-developed by Platinum Games (Wii U)
*Arwing Amiibo is in planning stages, Falco Amiibo will give you a special present when used.
*Mario Ultra Smash (Wii U) Tennis has power ups
*Yoshi Wooly World (Wii U) lets you use Amiibos for skins
*Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam (3DS) is a cross over with Sticker Star
*Fire Emblem: Fates (3DS) is getting one version here in NA
*Metroid Prime: Federation Force has Blast Ball included
*Hyrule Warriors Legends has all the Wii U DLC content and extra content which you can send to the Wii U version by linking up.
*It's also a restylization of the Wii U version
*SMT X FE is confirmed for NA
*Legend of Zelda Wii U is still set to be a Wii U title

With that said there are at least 8 titles I want through the end of the year.

Andrejake
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2015, 1:41 pm

Starfox gameplay is looking good and Mario Maker was one of the best things of this E3. But still... I'm so sad for the fact that not even a small trailer of Zelda Wii U was shown.
Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam might be good if it follow the lines of the other Mario & Luigi games.
A little disappointed with Nintendo presentation, but probably just because of the lack of Zelda gameplay. I'm not sure.

FullMetalAspie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Jun 2015, 4:38 pm

cool pic. I'm still a little salty about animal crossing amiibo festival what even is that it looked like Mario party without the minigames basically just rolling dice. Man I just really wanted a proper animal crossing game on the Wii u. besides that I think there are a lot of great games coming. I counted about 12 on that picture that I would eventually like to have.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2015, 5:50 pm

FullMetalAspie wrote:
cool pic. I'm still a little salty about animal crossing amiibo festival what even is that it looked like Mario party without the minigames basically just rolling dice. Man I just really wanted a proper animal crossing game on the Wii u. besides that I think there are a lot of great games coming. I counted about 12 on that picture that I would eventually like to have.

It's safe to assume that console true Animal Crossing is dead due to the handhelds versions out selling the console versions.

I mean Wild World (DS) outsold the GC and Wii games combined.
3DS version is nearing 8M, if not already passed it, thus outselling GC and Wii games combined.

The Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival comes bundled with 2 Amiibos and 3 Amiibo Cards.

From the fact sheet:
Party with favorite Animal Crossing characters like Isabelle and Tom Nook—who have become amiibo.
• Experience the Animal Crossing universe in light-hearted board games based on the calendar, including the four seasons and seasonal events.
• Bring your amiibo to the party, collect Happy Points, play with your friends, and save your Happy Points to your amiibo to expand your own game even more.
• Use Animal Crossing amiibo cards in fun mini games.
* has dice and dice cards (you get the cards from events) in the E3 press packet (I downloaded them)
Amiibo Festival is a more like Fortune Street with money, happy points and the Turnip market/prices than Mario Party.

For one I welcome more digital board games, even if they use Amiibos.

I also want the new Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, especially after what the showed about the game during Tree House Live.

You essentially play as city planner and interior designer, with the Amiibo Cards bringing those Animals to your town.

Obviously I want 6 other games too and Earthbound Beginnings (EB 0) from the VC.

I was happy with the presentation, granted it wasn't the greatest.

Nearly all of the games Sony announced will be coming in late 2016, 2017 and beyond with only a few coming within the next year.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2015, 10:29 pm

xenocity wrote:

Notes of Interest:

*All Amiibos work with Super Mario Maker (Wii U), allowing you to be that character in the game.
*The 8-bit 30th Anniversary Mario Amiibo gives you a mega mushroom for Super Mario Maker everytime you tap it (this is the only way to get said mushroom)
*The Amiibo Cards work with both Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (3DS) and Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival (Wii U).
*Star Fox: Zero is a reboot of the Star Fox Time Line, has many new vehicles, is co-developed by Platinum Games (Wii U)
*Arwing Amiibo is in planning stages, Falco Amiibo will give you a special present when used.
*Hyrule Warriors Legends has all the Wii U DLC content and extra content which you can send to the Wii U version by linking up.

So much awesome....plus, there's EarthBound Beginnings on Wii U Virtual Console now ( here's hoping we might finally see Mother 3 localized soon... ) and Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water coming in the fall.

Hopefully, when we get a true Animal Crossing game on Wii U it will incorporate elements of Happy Home Designer into the Mayor mechanic from New Leaf ( seriously, I'm sick of villagers moving in wherever they want and destroying my fruit trees & gardens )...

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2015, 11:12 pm

newageretrohippie wrote:
xenocity wrote:

Notes of Interest:

So much awesome....plus, there's EarthBound Beginnings on Wii U Virtual Console now ( here's hoping we might finally see Mother 3 localized soon... ) and Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water coming in the fall.

Hopefully, when we get a true Animal Crossing game on Wii U it will incorporate elements of Happy Home Designer into the Mayor mechanic from New Leaf ( seriously, I'm sick of villagers moving in wherever they want and destroying my fruit trees & gardens )...

It's safe to assume that a true Animal Crossing will never grace a console again due to sales and criticisms.

Nintendo received an earful for the DS and Wii for being to similar to the Gamecube original, from the West.
After all that and sales of the handheld versions, there is literally no good to come from putting Animal Crossing on a console ever again.

According to Nintendo City Folk sold a measly 3.5M on the 100M+ Wii base, this is on par with the Gamecube version and well below the DS and 3DS versions by far.
It doesn't help that Animal Crossing in the West is known as "casual" game aimed and kids and women.

I hope the board game is good and fun, if so it can become the console line.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2015, 11:46 pm

wait...Wild World and City Folk were criticized for being TOO SIMILAR to the original? I bet they never have that complaint about sports games or CoD....

And you made a similar claim towards my little buddy Chibi-Robo, yet his new game is coming isn't it? Seriously, at this point if Animal Crossing is a big enough IP to Nintendo for them to start making spin-offs then it will most likely get 1 main iteration per system just like Mario Kart or Smash Bros.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2015, 12:46 am

newageretrohippie wrote:
wait...Wild World and City Folk were criticized for being TOO SIMILAR to the original? I bet they never have that complaint about sports games or CoD....

And you made a similar claim towards my little buddy Chibi-Robo, yet his new game is coming isn't it? Seriously, at this point if Animal Crossing is a big enough IP to Nintendo for them to start making spin-offs then it will most likely get 1 main iteration per system just like Mario Kart or Smash Bros.

Not the same thing, Nintendo couldn't get retailers to come on board after the Walmart exclusive one because they didn't want to stock it.

Retailers are probably only stocking the 3DS game due to it coming with an Amiibo.

Though there is a good chance the next full Animal Crossing will the be the first full cross play game on NX (the OS).
It will probably let you have the choice of either purchasing the handheld or console version, with perhaps a chance of being able to download it on the other if you own it.

I'd honestly be surprised if a full Animal Crossing ever graces Wii U due to this reason alone:

EAD 2 (Animal Crossing Team) just finished Splatoon as is currently working on:
Splatoon's big content patch (due out in August) and lesser content (Eguchi the creator of AC is focused on this and Splatoon proper).
The rest of the team not working on Splatoon remaining content are working on Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (3DS) and those not working on those projects are working on Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival (Wii U).

When this is all completed, they will either move on to their next project for NX with many of the lower team members being sent to high priority projects which are the remaining games set for Wii U and 3DS such as Zelda Wii U.

EAD 2 is one of the smaller EAD teams.

It took the core EAD 2 team 2 years to make City Folk and they literally spent close to 3 years developing New Leaf (They had to abandoned development early on to work on other titles to save 3DS and to finish Nintendoland).

Since they don't have the next full Animal Crossing in development outside of HD assets used for Plaza, it will take them at least 2.5 years to produce the next full entry of Animal Crossing.
This would put us well into 2017 and possibly early 2018!

The next Nintendo system official will be out by March 31st, 2017 running the new unified NX OS, which will be used for both the handheld and console according to Iwata the CEO of Nintendo.

Why that date? Because Mr. Iwata promised the new system would be out by the end of Nintendo's FY 2017 (They always end on March 31st).

If it's a handheld, then there is a good chance it will launch with the next Animal Crossing (the series appeals to handheld buyers).
If it's a console, then there is a good chance the game is delayed for the handheld while Nintendo readies games that appeal to console buyers.

Animal Crossing drove lots of fans and primarily women to buy millions of DSs and 3DSs.
Or I'll put it to you this way, the majority of the people who bought Animal Crossing on DS and 3DS bought the game and the system in the same purchase aka killer app.

Those who bought it on GC and Wii already had the systems with many if not half buying it as Player's choice/Nintendo selects (Wii) for $20.

---
As for reviews pay metacritic a visit.

Wild World was dubbed the "dumb down, low res GC game"
City Folk was dubbed the "up ressed DS port"

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2015, 9:38 am

newageretrohippie wrote:
EarthBound Beginnings on Wii U Virtual Console now

:O

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2015, 6:03 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
newageretrohippie wrote:
EarthBound Beginnings on Wii U Virtual Console now

They released it Sunday after the Nintendo World Championship.

Also here is the Tree House Live Segment on Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival.

I really can't wait to get my hands on this board game.
Every time you play, the each board game lasts 1 month and they change based on the month.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2015, 9:27 pm

Well, aside from Mario Maker, aint much on here that I have an interest in; Amiibo stuff in particular, I'll be avoiding like the plague.

But Mario Tennis at the very least, that one I'll surely pick up. Not sure just what to think about Happy Home Designer.

So, those 3 things for me, possibly.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2015, 10:09 pm

Misery wrote:
Well, aside from Mario Maker, aint much on here that I have an interest in; Amiibo stuff in particular, I'll be avoiding like the plague.

But Mario Tennis at the very least, that one I'll surely pick up. Not sure just what to think about Happy Home Designer.

So, those 3 things for me, possibly.

Yoshi's Wooly World doesn't require Amiibos.
You can unlock all the other Amiibo Characters in Mario Maker by beating challenges or just scan the Amiibos.
Happy Home Designer just adds the characters from your Amiibo Cards (which comes bundled with a pack of cards, along with the NFC adapter for regular 3DS)

It's essentially Animal Crossing with elements of Simcity, which requires you to do city planning of the town and build public buildings and such.
YOU DO GET A WHOLE MAP TO FILL AND TOWN TO MAINTAIN!
AC: Amiibo Festival comes bundled with 2 Amiibos and 3 Amiibo Cards for the $60 price tag.

Personally I plan to get this year (provided I don't land a job):
*Mario Maker which is $60 has tons of levels from Nintendo included and art book.
*Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer
*Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival
*Both 8-bit Mario Amiibos
*The remaining Animal Crossing Amiibos (not bundled)
*Blue Yoshi Wooly Amiibo
*Some Animal Crossing Amiibo card packs (5 regular cards, 1 special card in each pack).
*Xenoblade Chronicles (If I have the money)

2016:
*Metroid Prime: Federation Force
*Yoshi Wooly World
*Star Fox Zero
*Zelda: Triforce Heroes
*Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam
*Fire Emblem: Fates

I do enjoy the Amiibos, cause I love figurines.
If you want a good tennis game, buy Wii Sports Club Tennis on the e-Shop (you can buy the individual sports) for $10.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2015, 11:40 pm

I hadn't heard about the plan to have the NX console out so soon ( it may be about 2 years away, but that is soon in game time )...when you put it that way, I can see them skipping Wii U and making the next console main Animal Crossing game for NX ( as they appear to be doing with Metroid as well ). Zelda may well be Wii U's swan song....

Oh well. At least there's still Amiibo Festival, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Happy Home Designer, Super Mario Maker, Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash, Zelda: Triforce Heroes, Hyrule Warriors Legends and Star Fox Zero for the rest of this year and Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, Fire Emblem: Fates, Mario Tennis and Federation Force for early next year. Who knows, Nintendo likely has a surprise or 2 in store...they always have a game or 3 up their sleeve for a later Direct ( usually eShop games, but after how awesome the Pushmo games, HarmoKnight and Box Boy! are I'd be fine with some great new eShop & VC titles ).

And the Amiibo...oh lord the Amiibo. I'm even getting the Wii U version of Skylanders Supercharge over the Xbox One version purely for the DK Amiibo/Skylanders hybrid figure & vehicle ( plus the 3DS version for Bowser...never bought a 3DS Skylanders before ). ...Maybe I should join AA ( Amiibo Anonymous )

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2015, 12:15 am

newageretrohippie wrote:
I hadn't heard about the plan to have the NX console out so soon ( it may be about 2 years away, but that is soon in game time )...when you put it that way, I can see them skipping Wii U and making the next console main Animal Crossing game for NX ( as they appear to be doing with Metroid as well ). Zelda may well be Wii U's swan song....

Oh well. At least there's still Amiibo Festival, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Happy Home Designer, Super Mario Maker, Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash, Zelda: Triforce Heroes, Hyrule Warriors Legends and Star Fox Zero for the rest of this year and Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, Fire Emblem: Fates, Mario Tennis and Federation Force for early next year. Who knows, Nintendo likely has a surprise or 2 in store...they always have a game or 3 up their sleeve for a later Direct ( usually eShop games, but after how awesome the Pushmo games, HarmoKnight and Box Boy! are I'd be fine with some great new eShop & VC titles ).

And the Amiibo...oh lord the Amiibo. I'm even getting the Wii U version of Skylanders Supercharge over the Xbox One version purely for the DK Amiibo/Skylanders hybrid figure & vehicle ( plus the 3DS version for Bowser...never bought a 3DS Skylanders before ). ...Maybe I should join AA ( Amiibo Anonymous )

Nintendo's CEO did say the first NX device would be out by March 31st 2017.
This would mean Wii U would have 4 years on the market (which the first Xbox also had) provided Nintendo stops releasing Wii U content with the launch of NX (provided the first device is a console).

It was revealed today that the Download copy of Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival is FREEEEEEE!
Though you do need Animal Crossing Amiibos to play the game...
https://twitter.com/TheBitBlock/status/ ... 5836380161

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2015, 1:17 am

I played Mario Maker at Best Buy event today...

I can confirm there is 10 worlds with a minimum of 4 levels in the SMB3 section.
I played the level where I turned into Link.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2015, 1:24 am

xenocity wrote:
I played Mario Maker at Best Buy event today...

I can confirm there is 10 worlds with a minimum of 4 levels in the SMB3 section.
I played the level where I turned into Link.

I *really* cant wait for that to come out.

Though I'm hoping for there not to be too many levels along the lines of Kaizo Mario made by people. I always found that type of platformer gameplay to be just tedious.

Either way though, definitely want it. I remember as a kid I always wanted there to be some sort of editor that I could use to make levels in the early Mario games. But of course there never was. This was made more frustrating as I'd fully learned the aggravating art of making levels in games like Doom (back in the days when you couldnt actually PREVIEW the level you were making, or see it really, without exiting the editor, compiling the damn nodes, and going entirely into the game), and quite enjoyed that, but various games I would have loved to have done that with of course never had that option. Not back then anyway.

I kinda miss doing that stuff. Though making the Doom levels (as in, making the sort that are good and dont suck) could be... problematic. There was a term for a particular thing that could happen, which was "hall of mirrors", that I could almost use as a swear word/phrase now, I hated it so damn much.

I remember LittleBigPlanet did that one once. Didnt touch it again for like 2 weeks after that. I never did figure out what caused it in that game.