Page 1 of 7 [ 110 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

evilreligion
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jun 2015, 2:21 am

Ok so my latest blog post may well piss off some people but this needs to be said. The idea for this post germinated here at wrongplanet when ASPartOfMe asked my views on the future of the autism rights movement. This got me thinking about some of the interactions I have had with the Social Justice Warriors that gravitate towards any social issue on the internet. SJW's are, in my opinion, incredibly damaging to the movements they purport to support. Looking at how they have made modern feminism a laughing stock and turned it into a parody of itself really made me worry that this could happen to the autism rights movement. The difference being that feminism has already won most of its major battles where as the autism rights movement has barely started.

So I'm sure many of the SJW mind set will find offense in what I say, after all the defining characteristic of an SJW is the ability to take offence at anything. But I hope this blog post has some effect and causes people to pause and think. We need to look to gay rights movement for how to do things effectively and we need to look at the farce that is third wave feminism and Tumblr feminism to see how to very quickly erode public support and implode an advocacy movement under its own BS.

https://autisticbean.wordpress.com/2015 ... strangers/

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2015, 2:38 am

I agree a lot with you and the linked post.
My interactions with SJWs have been horrible.
I think they do harm, not good, for autism advocacy and autistic people.
They don't speak for me, I want nothing to do with them.

TheRedPedant93
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jun 2015, 9:15 am

Whilst I sympathize with the poster's critiques of third wave feminism and how the motives of SJWs act as a perpetuation to the "misconceived notions" of the autism rights movement, there are many self-identified advocates who embrace neurodiversity (who may or may not be neurotypical) who quite conspicuously exhibit the traits of SJWs and are not self-aware of it, especially the neurodiversity supremacist fragmentation and a varied proportionate of whose who could be construed as "shiny aspies" espouse a proliferation of collective ideological-isms and snarl identity neologisms like "curebies" and "neurotypical privilege." They are the two main exemplifications that I have witnessed retrospectively from such activists which I find insinuating as-well as emotionally counterproductive and such feculent mud-slinging statements indomitably denote the collectivist herd mentality of social justice warriors. I can't help feeling that some advocates of social justice (whether it be neurodiversity, feminism, anti-racism etc) would act precisely like this if someone respectively dissented with them (irrespective of the issue in discussion), implying their concealed denial of hypocrisy and extremism. I think that collective identity politics (not just third wave feminism) is the most common denominator to groupthink, independence and the diminishment of freedom of thought; furthermore, it's a sedition against the principles of natural law and SJWs are not the first nor last to afflicted with such denigrating conformance mentalities.

Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 1 out of 200
Alexithymia Questionnaire: 166/185 AQ: 49/50 EQ: 9/80

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2015, 11:38 am

I think some SJWs have deeply narcissistic streak, are attention-seeking, and become caught up in their herd mentality and cannot handle the slightest dissent. The more an individual gets into SJW movement, the more unreasonable they become. I also don't want self-diagnosed people speaking for autistic people. The combination of self-diagnosis and SJW is the worst.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2015, 1:38 pm

It is certainly flattering to be an inspiration for a blog a first for me. I hope this thread does not become what it is fighting against. Certainly some of the Autistics SJW's have only experiences with abuse from those who think Autism is wrong. And I do not know at what point the majority of WP decided empathy particularly TOM issues are not Autistic traits anymore. But if you are a person who has TOM issues, have black and white thinking you are might present as SJW. If we are advocating for autistics we have to advocate for all autistics. We can’t say I want to disassociate from certain groups of Autistics (I am not perfect in this regard I do dissociate myself from Autistic mass shooters etc.) I will judge a whole individual in deciding whether a person is a good advocate not dismiss the person based on their self diagnosis or because I don’t agree with every tactic they use.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2015, 2:28 pm

One of the traits that distinguishes good vs. bad advocate is if the advocate listens to the people they are attempting to advocate for. I think SJWs don't do much of this. Instead, they have a set of beliefs that they try to force onto others. There are negative verbal labels for others who don't share their beliefs. They apply these labels and reinforce each other's beliefs, but rarely try to listen to and understand anything different from their beliefs. In my opinion, these are not manifestations of autistic traits, as the blog post points out correctly. I think they are some behavior from getting caught up in SJW herd mentality, as formerly reasonable people seem to become more and more this way the more they get involved in online SJW movements.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2015, 7:39 pm

btbnnyr wrote:
One of the traits that distinguishes good vs. bad advocate is if the advocate listens to the people they are attempting to advocate for. I think SJWs don't do much of this. Instead, they have a set of beliefs that they try to force onto others. There are negative verbal labels for others who don't share their beliefs. They apply these labels and reinforce each other's beliefs, but rarely try to listen to and understand anything different from their beliefs. In my opinion, these are not manifestations of autistic traits, as the blog post points out correctly. I think they are some behavior from getting caught up in SJW herd mentality, as formerly reasonable people seem to become more and more this way the more they get involved in online SJW movements.

It depends on the individual SJW. If it's from narcissism, herd mentality not autism related. If it is from not understanding other people can have different thinking it might be an Autism related TOM issue especially on and autism web site.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Moromillas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Jun 2015, 9:32 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
btbnnyr wrote:

It depends on the individual SJW. If it's from narcissism, herd mentality not autism related. If it is from not understanding other people can have different thinking it might be an Autism related TOM issue especially on and autism web site.

By definition SJW's or keyboard warriors are awful people. It's not about affecting positive change, it's about harassing and vilifying people over small things, and even sometimes to their detriment, that's what they do.

It's unfortunate for us, because we have some pretty genuine societal problems, like ~60% to ~80% unemployment rate, depending on who you ask, as just one example.

Because of the propensity and number of these horrid people, others can shove us in the same boat as the SJW's and write us off as such.

Here's a prime example of SJW's at work; They took Thunderf00t's Dad dying of cancer, as an opportunity to harass him online:

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2015, 10:42 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
It is certainly flattering to be an inspiration for a blog a first for me.... some of the Autistics SJW's have only experiences with abuse from those who think Autism is wrong... I want to disassociate [a movement] from certain groups of Autistics.

I haven't experienced physical abuse, but I have had emotional abuse from my family. My parents often see me a psychopath and I've hacked their computers and they read the Sandy Hook shooting and various other events and fights I've gotten into and pin the event to autism. My actions as a person are condemned because I choose a path different than what they want. If I don't want to make eye contact, I want it to be my choice. But that choice is deprived from me.

My choice, however, is not to be an activist. Like the nutter street preachers, society often looks down on these figures. I just want the people around me, particularly people I'm close to, to know that, yes, autism is a part of my mind, but I am still a human being. I have friends with autism, who are moving to be successful. I want to prove that I can do same and show in little ways, that people are more than the labels that make them. I understand that you want to keep it out from a certain group of people as well. It leaves other people who want the same sense of self as others advocating it.

Moromillas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Jun 2015, 11:30 pm

BeggingTurtle wrote:
My choice, however, is not to be an activist. Like the nutter street preachers, society often looks down on these figures. I just want the people around me, particularly people I'm close to, to know that, yes, autism is a part of my mind, but I am still a human being. I have friends with autism, who are moving to be successful. I want to prove that I can do same and show in little ways, that people are more than the labels that make them. I understand that you want to keep it out from a certain group of people as well. It leaves other people who want the same sense of self as others advocating it.

AS isn't a label, it's more an identity. See, you shouldn't have to view yourself as a label that you try and separate yourself from, as if it were something horrid.

Please don't waste another second of your life trying to convince people that you can't convince. Don't bury yourself bending over backwards, jumping through all sorts of hoops to prove it. There will always be people that, despite all the evidence, do mental gymnastics to believe a falsehood, and if that's them, then that's that, and you have to move on. You just have to convince people that are open to change and acceptance, that we are in fact quite capable, and that is a form of activism.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2015, 3:15 am

btbnnyr wrote:
I agree a lot with you and the linked post.
My interactions with SJWs have been horrible.
I think they do harm, not good, for autism advocacy and autistic people.
They don't speak for me, I want nothing to do with them.

I've come to this conclusion too after thinking about it for a good couple months. They are all equal rights (which is good, because I am too, we're all human) until you have a disability or a personality disorder, then they'll pick you apart for it like vultures. Radicals always ruin things, always.

Also, if you don't agree with their philosophy 100% they will turn on you as well. I've learned this from experience with the whole gamer movement thingy (I don't care about it anymore, I'm neutral on it now, both sides have bad eggs)

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Jun 2015, 3:44 am

Autism probably doesn't even register on their oppression scale since we're mostly CIS white male scum to them anyway. SJWs are pretty self-serving with their activism thus why you see them trumpeting fat acceptance and wearing whatever condition or disorder they've been diagnosed with as a badge, they're not genuinely altruistic. They want to raise their own issues with gender and sexuality to the level of racial ones.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2015, 1:25 pm

Since "SJW" can be as hurtful a term as the labels so-called SJW's use, it may be more beneficial for all to simply focus on the behaviors you dislike. For example, not to attack someone for being an SJW, but to point out their ignorance on a specific topic. Otherwise these debates about who's at fault for society's problems just go back and forth. It can be too easy to hate labels when they're directed at you or people you care about, but still apply them to an "enemy," just as we often proclaim media we disagree with to be propaganda but never see this quality in what we find truthful.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2015, 2:52 pm

HighLlama wrote:
Since "SJW" can be as hurtful a term as the labels so-called SJW's use, it may be more beneficial for all to simply focus on the behaviors you dislike. For example, not to attack someone for being an SJW, but to point out their ignorance on a specific topic. Otherwise these debates about who's at fault for society's problems just go back and forth. It can be too easy to hate labels when they're directed at you or people you care about, but still apply them to an "enemy," just as we often proclaim media we disagree with to be propaganda but never see this quality in what we find truthful.

I agree. The term SJW is often used as a pejorative for people who have legitimate complaints and by people who want to resist social change. There are people on the internet who actually call us SJW's for objecting to the notion that AS people are more likely than the general population to become mass murderers and spree shooters like Adam Lanza. That's why I tend to view people who object to "SJW"'s as dangerous.

Last edited by Jono on 21 Jun 2015, 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2015, 3:03 pm

Moromillas wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
btbnnyr wrote:

By definition SJW's or keyboard warriors are awful people. It's not about affecting positive change, it's about harassing and vilifying people over small things, and even sometimes to their detriment, that's what they do.

It's unfortunate for us, because we have some pretty genuine societal problems, like ~60% to ~80% unemployment rate, depending on who you ask, as just one example.

Because of the propensity and number of these horrid people, others can shove us in the same boat as the SJW's and write us off as such.

Here's a prime example of SJW's at work; They took Thunderf00t's Dad dying of cancer, as an opportunity to harass him online:

The guy who called Thunderf00t a lier for saying that his father had cancer is very far from an SJW, unless you include rape apologists in your definition of SJW's. To see what I'm talking about, take a look at this screenshot of a conversation that I've just had with him and read his second response:

I personally started disliking Thunderf00t after he also started saying things like he wouldn't believe a woman claiming to have been raped until she proved it. However, a woman who claims to have been raped is under no obligation to prove to people on the internet that it's true anymore than someone claiming that their father is dying of cancer has any obligation to prove that. Now do everyone a favour and stop using a few internet trolls to slander a whole group.

Hyperborean
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2015, 3:17 pm

evilreligion wrote:
But I hope this blog post has some effect and causes people to pause and think. We need to look to gay rights movement for how to do things effectively and we need to look at the farce that is third wave feminism and Tumblr feminism to see how to very quickly erode public support and implode an advocacy movement under its own BS.

Thanks for starting this thread, there has been some fascinating comment as always on WP. You are correct to hold up the gay rights movement as an example of how to make progress. The LGBT community has been constantly villified from all directions, but they have always responded intelligently, reasonably and above all with humour. In fact the gay sense of humour - very dry and ironic - has turned out to be a secret weapon in dealing with homophobia and violence because instead of spitting venom at their opponents and taking offence like so many feminists and SJWs do, they have deftly turned their bigotry back on them and made them look ridiculous - as numerous evangelical pastors know to their cost. As a result, many countries now have same-sex marriage and full equality under the law for gays - while the feminists are still struggling to achieve equality of income, recognition of the rights of rape victims and the right to have an abortion.

I'm sure people with autism could achieve much by taking this approach.