Page 7 of 7 [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

CheckerboardStrangler
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Jul 2016, 1:37 pm

Social Justice Warriors are, simply put, FAILED liberals.
They want to be identified as liberal, they want to get behind the things they perceive as liberal causes (some are and some aren't) and they want to feel as though they are accomplishing something.

But their amped up sensitivity and their first-strike emotional responses culminate in an overall fascistic response.
They cannot control their "inner fascist". It's the easy way out and it's a crutch for lazy thinkers.

Most neurotypical social justice warriors end up burning out and when they explore their frustration to any degree, they wind up looking for the next great cause they can embrace. And due to their frustration with what they perceived as "liberalism", they tend to wind up as neoconservatives. There on out, they critique liberals as pure projection from their own distorted view of the liberal mindset.
Therefore, all liberals must be as they once were. More lazy thinking, more crutches, more easy ways out.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2016, 3:09 pm

CheckerboardStrangler wrote:
They want to be identified as liberal, they want to get behind the things they perceive as liberal causes (some are and some aren't) and they want to feel as though they are accomplishing something.

But their amped up sensitivity and their first-strike emotional responses culminate in an overall fascistic response.
They cannot control their "inner fascist". It's the easy way out and it's a crutch for lazy thinkers.

Most neurotypical social justice warriors end up burning out and when they explore their frustration to any degree, they wind up looking for the next great cause they can embrace. And due to their frustration with what they perceived as "liberalism", they tend to wind up as neoconservatives. There on out, they critique liberals as pure projection from their own distorted view of the liberal mindset.
Therefore, all liberals must be as they once were. More lazy thinking, more crutches, more easy ways out.

The concept of the SJW is about as lazy a criticism of liberal ideology as you can get. It's a 3 letter acronym that seems to now stand for everything liberal, including education itself.

Brandon30
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jul 2016, 2:50 am

T

Last edited by Brandon30 on 19 Jul 2016, 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brandon30
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jul 2016, 2:52 am

I agree somewhat, it really depends on how you define Social justice warriors, some exist on the extreme left, I'm not sure what percentage of them is in that extreme though. I feel they're trying for social change but they don't do a whole lot of education which would be a good start for that. I see a lot that are ironically racist and sexist towards whites males and i think that significantly hurts their image. A lot try to shame people instead of education. They have good intentions sometimes but they're so damn dogmatic and militant that they create blowback in opposition to them.

bryanmaloney
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jul 2016, 3:06 pm

We're not a sexy enough cause to keep the SJW's attention for long.

The_Dark_Citadel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Jul 2016, 10:09 pm

btbnnyr wrote:
I think some SJWs have deeply narcissistic streak, are attention-seeking, and become caught up in their herd mentality and cannot handle the slightest dissent. The more an individual gets into SJW movement, the more unreasonable they become. I also don't want self-diagnosed people speaking for autistic people. The combination of self-diagnosis and SJW is the worst.

Totally agree. Add to that half of them aren't members of the group they claim to represent, so they can't speak for those groups.
Just watched SJW girls saying all men are rapists. I can't get my simple mind around these people. Did college do this or what?

Nist498
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2016, 9:33 am

There are some idiots in academia that push these kinds of crusades and try to draw as many millennials as they can into it. There's also naturally a lot of internet personalities that function as widespread recruiters. Either way they're annoying.

All magic comes with a price! - Rumplestiltskin

Touretter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Aug 2016, 7:53 pm

TheRedPedant93 wrote:
Whilst I sympathize with the poster's critiques of third wave feminism and how the motives of SJWs act as a perpetuation to the "misconceived notions" of the autism rights movement, there are many self-identified advocates who embrace neurodiversity (who may or may not be neurotypical) who quite conspicuously exhibit the traits of SJWs and are not self-aware of it, especially the neurodiversity supremacist fragmentation and a varied proportionate of whose who could be construed as "shiny aspies" espouse a proliferation of collective ideological-isms and snarl identity neologisms like "curebies" and "neurotypical privilege." They are the two main exemplifications that I have witnessed retrospectively from such activists which I find insinuating as-well as emotionally counterproductive and such feculent mud-slinging statements indomitably denote the collectivist herd mentality of social justice warriors. I can't help feeling that some advocates of social justice (whether it be neurodiversity, feminism, anti-racism etc) would act precisely like this if someone respectively dissented with them (irrespective of the issue in discussion), implying their concealed denial of hypocrisy and extremism. I think that collective identity politics (not just third wave feminism) is the most common denominator to groupthink, independence and the diminishment of freedom of thought; furthermore, it's a sedition against the principles of natural law and SJWs are not the first nor last to afflicted with such denigrating conformance mentalities.
Might Amythest Schaber come across as being an autistic SJW , in your opinion ? https://m.youtube.com/user/neurowonderful I agree with her roughly 98% of the time at least , but sometimes she might come across as being a bit mawkish , in an identity politics politically correct way , in some of her videos ,to some persons at least . So I think that the key question is at what point do activists , including self advocates , turn into "social justice warriors " ?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2016, 2:38 am

Touretter wrote:
TheRedPedant93 wrote:
Whilst I sympathize with the poster's critiques of third wave feminism and how the motives of SJWs act as a perpetuation to the "misconceived notions" of the autism rights movement, there are many self-identified advocates who embrace neurodiversity (who may or may not be neurotypical) who quite conspicuously exhibit the traits of SJWs and are not self-aware of it, especially the neurodiversity supremacist fragmentation and a varied proportionate of whose who could be construed as "shiny aspies" espouse a proliferation of collective ideological-isms and snarl identity neologisms like "curebies" and "neurotypical privilege." They are the two main exemplifications that I have witnessed retrospectively from such activists which I find insinuating as-well as emotionally counterproductive and such feculent mud-slinging statements indomitably denote the collectivist herd mentality of social justice warriors. I can't help feeling that some advocates of social justice (whether it be neurodiversity, feminism, anti-racism etc) would act precisely like this if someone respectively dissented with them (irrespective of the issue in discussion), implying their concealed denial of hypocrisy and extremism. I think that collective identity politics (not just third wave feminism) is the most common denominator to groupthink, independence and the diminishment of freedom of thought; furthermore, it's a sedition against the principles of natural law and SJWs are not the first nor last to afflicted with such denigrating conformance mentalities.
Might Amythest Schaber come across as being an autistic SJW , in your opinion ? https://m.youtube.com/user/neurowonderful I agree with her roughly 98% of the time at least , but sometimes she might come across as being a bit mawkish , in an identity politics politically correct way , in some of her videos ,to some persons at least . So I think that the key question is at what point do activists , including self advocates , turn into "social justice warriors " ?

She might be too politically correct or identity politics but she does not try and bully and intimidate others. She gets not "microagressions" actually offensive comments such as you are not autistic. When this happens she does not go into public fits of hysterical crying or screaming but posts a bunch of links.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

nathan_258
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Aug 2016, 2:22 am

BitterCoffee
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Aug 2016, 7:39 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
It is their fault for using wrong tactics of bullying, language policing, public shaming and so on. A lot of progressive ideas that were accepted or became policy became that way by a combination of education and persuading people that the ideas were not a threat personally. The LGBT movement is a prime example. With all the the complaining about politically correct language you rearly hear people complaining about the use of LGBT, hmmmm. What have the SJW's accomplished? helping the Trump phenomenon?. There are many reasons that a President Trump is seemingly becoming more likely by the day, I believe the SJW's /political correctness is an important reason. Public shaming people greatly enhances the chance that people will see your ideas as a threat.

The "SJW's" are a result of the more social just stances being adopted by the majority. Blacks can vote, there is no longer segregation etc. Since there have been so many victories in the equal rights movement the current "battles" are of the smaller variety.
Trump is viewed unfavorably by 64% of Americans. Everyone hates him and his behavior. He is getting losing so bad that there are talks that Clinton campaigning in states that have not voted for a democratic president in half a century.

BitterCoffee
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Aug 2016, 7:43 pm

AspE wrote:

The concept of the SJW is about as lazy a criticism of liberal ideology as you can get. It's a 3 letter acronym that seems to now stand for everything liberal, including education itself.

Yea SJW made fame among conservatives pouting about how liberals were pointing out their racism, sexism etc. Then Conservatives all oppressed with being told that other people do in fact matter decide to advocate and form a movement whose sole purpose is making it okay to offend people in public.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2016, 3:15 am

BitterCoffee wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
It is their fault for using wrong tactics of bullying, language policing, public shaming and so on. A lot of progressive ideas that were accepted or became policy became that way by a combination of education and persuading people that the ideas were not a threat personally. The LGBT movement is a prime example. With all the the complaining about politically correct language you riiearly hear people complaining about the use of LGBT, hmmmm. What have the SJW's accomplished? helping the Trump phenomenon?. There are many reasons that a President Trump is seemingly becoming more likely by the day, I believe the SJW's /political correctness is an important reason. Public shaming people greatly enhances the chance that people will see your ideas as a threat.

The "SJW's" are a result of the more social just stances being adopted by the majority. Blacks can vote, there is no longer segregation etc. Since there have been so many victories in the equal rights movement the current "battles" are of the smaller variety.
Trump is viewed unfavorably by 64% of Americans. Everyone hates him and his behavior. He is getting losing so bad that there are talks that Clinton campaigning in states that have not voted for a democratic president in half a century.

They have been saying Trump has gone too far this time, this time he is imploding for good for 14 months now. They are saying his latest offenses are worse his time but I do not see anything different. How is insulting a Gold Star mother worse then insulting a guy for bieng captured?

Elections are not just pure popularity contests it s also about motivation to vote. Trump supporters are as motivated to vote for him as any candidate in recent memory, Hillary "supporters" are as unenthustic about her as any candidate in recent memory. Then according to Time magazine the Russians have the motivation and the ability via hacking to rig the election.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2016, 4:11 pm

BitterCoffee wrote:
AspE wrote:

Yea SJW made fame among conservatives pouting about how liberals were pointing out their racism, sexism etc. Then Conservatives all oppressed with being told that other people do in fact matter decide to advocate and form a movement whose sole purpose is making it okay to offend people in public.

I've seen people who make it a point to to be as offensive and insulting as possible to minorities and then try to browbeat them into not giving any criticism. Somehow, this protects free speech.