Should The Conferdate Flag Be Banned Entirely?

Page 7 of 7 [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7


Should The Confederate Flag Be Banned Entirely?
Yes, because it is a symbol of racism. 35%  35%  [ 9 ]
No, because it is a symbol of Southern pride. 35%  35%  [ 9 ]
Does it matter? It will put back up regardless of what the people think. 31%  31%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 26

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Feb 2007
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,980
Location: Santa Cruz , CA , USA

24 Jun 2015, 1:24 pm

...I would have voted " No " if no reason had been given or " Free speech " had been cited .
So , no vo' :wink: .



blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Apr 2011
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,026

24 Jun 2015, 2:39 pm

I think the text on that pin clearly infers that what he is proud of there is that white southerners teamed up with black southerners to get him elected.

Even though the confederate flag still flies there.

It's not exalting the confederate flag. It's taunting the people who love it.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,947
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

24 Jun 2015, 2:48 pm

blauSamstag wrote:
I think the text on that pin clearly infers that what he is proud of there is that white southerners teamed up with black southerners to get him elected.

Even though the confederate flag still flies there.

It's not exalting the confederate flag. It's taunting the people who love it.


Exactly!


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Jun 2014
Age: 57
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,118
Location: Brigham City, Utah

24 Jun 2015, 4:02 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
I think the text on that pin clearly infers that what he is proud of there is that white southerners teamed up with black southerners to get him elected.

Even though the confederate flag still flies there.

It's not exalting the confederate flag. It's taunting the people who love it.

Exactly!

So, displaying the (racist by some standards) Confederate Flag is okay if it is used to elect Democrats? At least that behavior is honest.


_________________
Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)


adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,885

24 Jun 2015, 4:04 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
I think the text on that pin clearly infers that what he is proud of there is that white southerners teamed up with black southerners to get him elected.

Even though the confederate flag still flies there.

It's not exalting the confederate flag. It's taunting the people who love it.

Exactly!

So, displaying the (racist by some standards) Confederate Flag is okay if it is used to elect Democrats? At least that behavior is honest.


You should double-check on tumblr. It might be considered cultural appropriation.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,947
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

24 Jun 2015, 4:08 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
I think the text on that pin clearly infers that what he is proud of there is that white southerners teamed up with black southerners to get him elected.

Even though the confederate flag still flies there.

It's not exalting the confederate flag. It's taunting the people who love it.

Exactly!

So, displaying the (racist by some standards) Confederate Flag is okay if it is used to elect Democrats? At least that behavior is honest.


Really, not, if the motive was to play up to Pro-Confederate sentiment. But at least they're on the right side of history, now.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,014
Location: New Orleans

24 Jun 2015, 4:12 pm

"Conferdate" flag?

All the smart people want to erase history.

After a spike in flag orders, 9,000% many stopped selling it.

A little Google, David Duke and Stormfront can supply you, and they stock a lot of banned knowledge.

The Basic Flag, minus stars, is The Saint George Banner, recently seen flown by the people of Eastern Ukraine, who also wear the orange and black Ribbon of Saint George. Many people died for God and Country fighting the Turks and French, British, Germans, Austrians, beneath this banner.

It is a Religious Symbol. It is a lot older than the South.

Now Monuments are being defaced, the Sacred Graves of fallen soldiers.

Victory was not always quick, never free, and sometimes took several hundred years of occupation, but the Banner of Saint George always rose again and was victorious in the end.

Also, The War of Northern Aggression was started by Congress, who voted in the Cotton Trust Act, 1850s, which forbid the export of cotton, required it be sold to the Trust for below market value, and also Taxed all Southern Imports 100%.

It was to protect the Spinning Mills of New England, it was Corporate Welfare. It was to protect domestic manufacture, also Corporate Welfare.

Fort Sumter was a Customs Post. Nobody died there, they were just kept from collecting a 100% Import Duty.

The North had been building Blockade Ships for a decade.

These Taxes fell on the of raw materials. They also blocked the import of modern spinning and weaving machines.

In the years following the Indian Removal Act, 1845, the South was cleared, planted, iron, steel, railroads, steamboats, built, and the North was about to lose their industrial advantage. The richest part of the country was along the Gulf Coast, and up the Mississippi River.

So Congress passed a Law, to steal it all.

The South lasted fifteen years before the war. They rose from nothing to the most modern part of the country, the richest, and they did withstand five years of war. No one mentioned freeing slaves till 1865.

The North moved to enslave the South through Acts of Congress, where we were under represented.

By God, Saint George, and the Graves of my ancestors, this is the truth.



Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Dec 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,074
Location: Dallas

24 Jun 2015, 4:47 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Fugu wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
Fugu wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
Fugu wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
Infowars.com wrote:
In the wake of the Charleston shooting, and subsequent pictures of the shooter posing with a Confederate flag, Barack Obama this week said that the flag belongs in a museum.

Image
It seems he has changed his tune in the last three years somewhere, however, given that he was using the symbol during his 2012 re-election campaign.

Indeed, Obama had his own Confederate flag campaign badge, which states "Where the confederate flag still flies, we have built a powerful coalition of African Americans and white Americans."

The quote was taken from Obama's racially heated speech in 2008, during which he also praised his mentor former pastor the controversial Reverend Wright.

Obama was not alone in using the symbol of the Confederate flag, synonymous with the South, to solicit political support....

Infowars.com: "Obama And Hillary Both Had No Problem Using Confederate Flag During Presidential Campaigns" (June 24, 2015)
( http://www.infowars.com/obama-and-hilla ... -campaigns )
infowars isn't any more of a valid source than the weekly world news.

Ad hominem.
Do you think that the government was behind 9/11? Alex Jones does.
Do you think that the government was behind the Boston Bombings? Alex Jones does.

[I'd post more examples but that would push the thread offtopic.]

p.s. it's not an ad hominem if I'm attacking your source for being weak.

An ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, means responding to arguments by attacking a person's character, rather than to the content of their arguments.

These statements are the definition of ad hominem. And, I amn't claiming to be the victim here.
it's not an ad hominem to infer that Jones is a bad source when he's making wild unsupported claims like the two I posted above and you conveniently ignored.

http://www.infowars.com/the-truth-behin ... ing-trial/
http://www.infowars.com/poison-tap-water/

Did you just admit to dismissing the facts of the news report for no other reason but the man who published the report? That is the very definition of ad hominem!
no, I dismissed it because alex jones is batshit insane and that article is RaHoWa crap.
you're very good at cherrypicking data(ironically this is a fallacy as well :lol:) and ignoring my sources backing up what i'm saying. are you literally that bad at arguing?



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,947
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

24 Jun 2015, 4:51 pm

Inventor wrote:
"Conferdate" flag?

All the smart people want to erase history.

After a spike in flag orders, 9,000% many stopped selling it.

A little Google, David Duke and Stormfront can supply you, and they stock a lot of banned knowledge.

The Basic Flag, minus stars, is The Saint George Banner, recently seen flown by the people of Eastern Ukraine, who also wear the orange and black Ribbon of Saint George. Many people died for God and Country fighting the Turks and French, British, Germans, Austrians, beneath this banner.

It is a Religious Symbol. It is a lot older than the South.

Now Monuments are being defaced, the Sacred Graves of fallen soldiers.

Victory was not always quick, never free, and sometimes took several hundred years of occupation, but the Banner of Saint George always rose again and was victorious in the end.

Also, The War of Northern Aggression was started by Congress, who voted in the Cotton Trust Act, 1850s, which forbid the export of cotton, required it be sold to the Trust for below market value, and also Taxed all Southern Imports 100%.

It was to protect the Spinning Mills of New England, it was Corporate Welfare. It was to protect domestic manufacture, also Corporate Welfare.

Fort Sumter was a Customs Post. Nobody died there, they were just kept from collecting a 100% Import Duty.

The North had been building Blockade Ships for a decade.

These Taxes fell on the of raw materials. They also blocked the import of modern spinning and weaving machines.

In the years following the Indian Removal Act, 1845, the South was cleared, planted, iron, steel, railroads, steamboats, built, and the North was about to lose their industrial advantage. The richest part of the country was along the Gulf Coast, and up the Mississippi River.

So Congress passed a Law, to steal it all.

The South lasted fifteen years before the war. They rose from nothing to the most modern part of the country, the richest, and they did withstand five years of war. No one mentioned freeing slaves till 1865.

The North moved to enslave the South through Acts of Congress, where we were under represented.

By God, Saint George, and the Graves of my ancestors, this is the truth.


Considering how low military production by the south was during the Civil War, I think it's fair to say that they were no where near replacing the north, or anyone else industrially.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Dec 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,074
Location: Dallas

24 Jun 2015, 5:00 pm

Inventor wrote:
"Conferdate" flag?

All the smart people want to erase history.

After a spike in flag orders, 9,000% many stopped selling it.

A little Google, David Duke and Stormfront can supply you, and they stock a lot of banned knowledge.

The Basic Flag, minus stars, is The Saint George Banner, recently seen flown by the people of Eastern Ukraine, who also wear the orange and black Ribbon of Saint George. Many people died for God and Country fighting the Turks and French, British, Germans, Austrians, beneath this banner.

It is a Religious Symbol. It is a lot older than the South.

Now Monuments are being defaced, the Sacred Graves of fallen soldiers.

Victory was not always quick, never free, and sometimes took several hundred years of occupation, but the Banner of Saint George always rose again and was victorious in the end.

Also, The War of Northern Aggression was started by Congress, who voted in the Cotton Trust Act, 1850s, which forbid the export of cotton, required it be sold to the Trust for below market value, and also Taxed all Southern Imports 100%.

It was to protect the Spinning Mills of New England, it was Corporate Welfare. It was to protect domestic manufacture, also Corporate Welfare.

Fort Sumter was a Customs Post. Nobody died there, they were just kept from collecting a 100% Import Duty.

The North had been building Blockade Ships for a decade.

These Taxes fell on the of raw materials. They also blocked the import of modern spinning and weaving machines.

In the years following the Indian Removal Act, 1845, the South was cleared, planted, iron, steel, railroads, steamboats, built, and the North was about to lose their industrial advantage. The richest part of the country was along the Gulf Coast, and up the Mississippi River.

So Congress passed a Law, to steal it all.

The South lasted fifteen years before the war. They rose from nothing to the most modern part of the country, the richest, and they did withstand five years of war. No one mentioned freeing slaves till 1865.

The North moved to enslave the South through Acts of Congress, where we were under represented.

By God, Saint George, and the Graves of my ancestors, this is the truth.

yah, it's not the truth, and nor is the flag the banner of st george. please stop being disingenuous.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confedera ... nstitution

Article I Section 9(4)
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passed

Article IV Section 2(1)
The citizens of each State shall be entitled to all the privileges and immunities of citizens in the several States; and shall have the right of transit and sojourn in any State of this Confederacy, with their slaves and other property; and the right of property in said slaves shall not be thereby impaired.

Article IV Section 3(3)
The Confederate States may acquire new territory; and Congress shall have power to legislate and provide governments for the inhabitants of all territory belonging to the Confederate States, lying without the limits of the several states; and may permit them, at such times, and in such manner as it may by law provide, to form states to be admitted into the Confederacy. In all such territory, the institution of negro slavery as it now exists in the Confederate States, shall be recognized and protected by Congress, and by the territorial government: and the inhabitants of the several Confederate States and Territories, shall have the right to take to such territory any slaves lawfully held by them in any of the states or territories of the Confederate states.



The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 27 Jan 2010
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,818
Location: Reading, England

24 Jun 2015, 5:03 pm

OK, I think everything constructive that could be said has been said, and now all we're getting is a load of petty sniping.