Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

JJabb
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Jun 2015, 9:37 pm

My wife was watching the show Parenthood a while back and mentioned that she loved the character Hank because it reminded her so much of me. Do people with Aspergers consider Hank an Aspie? The show seemed to imply that he was one pretty heavily and him and I seem to be identical in many, many, um just about all of the ways. Almost to the point of me getting depressed after seeing how people looked at him when his back was turned and realizing that the people I interact with everyday see me in the same light... I am just curious since I have never had to think about things or myself in this way before.

UnturnedStone
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jun 2015, 1:03 am

I never really watched it but I remember a friend of mine saying Hank was actually diagnosed with Aspergers in an episode, but I do not know if this is true or not, but have no reason to discredit them.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2015, 8:15 am

Hank finds out in one of the episodes but the doctor refuses to diagnose him with it but he works with him instead and Hank gets better with people. Before he found out, I wondered if he had it but my husband said he was a photographer so they are that way.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2015, 10:40 am

League_Girl wrote:
Before he found out, I wondered if he had it but my husband said he was a photographer so they are that way.

That gives me quite a chuckle because I was once a professional photographer. And yes, sometimes they/we can be a bit strange. :D

alex
Developer
Developer

22 Jun 2015, 11:02 am

I think Ray Ramano's character was definitely on the spectrum, based on what I could tell from the episodes I watched.

JJabb
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Jun 2015, 7:06 pm

Thanks for the feedback fellows.

alex
Developer
Developer

22 Jun 2015, 9:06 pm

I think he mentions he has asperger's in at least one episode as well.