Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2015, 10:05 pm

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/06/22/1395426/-AUTISM-VS-THE-CALIFORNIA-STEM-CELL-PROGRAM-Disease-a-week-challenge-5#comments

You have to sign up to comment on the article. Usually I would post this type of article in the Autism Politics section but I figured there would be more people who are Daily Kos readers here and who would know what to say to their fellow progressives.

Since this is the politics section imagine what the Daily Kos reaction would be if a publication wrote the exact same article but you changed autism to LBGT? They would rip apart any article that said while we do not condone murdering anyone but we understand why the parent murdered their LBGT/Black/physically disabled kid. They would rip apart any article that said while some blacks are doing real well most do not do well educationally end end up criminals so we should cure them of there blackness. So why did the editors allow this?

As as person whose autism was not recognized until age 55 I do not need to be lectured about lack of services for Adult Autistics. And I sick of people using the lack help of Adult Autistics to excuse and advocate for horrible things.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman