Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2015, 2:22 pm

I jus mind my own business...and take care of myself.

If a guy doesn't want to pursue anything now, that's his right.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2015, 3:50 pm

izzeme wrote:
From an NT point of vieuw: it is seen as a red flag, there just "has" to be a reason why this guy didn't go on any dates over the last year. If other woman (or man, for that matter) didn't want him/her, why should I?

at least, that's the general vibe that's going around with perpetually single people

This.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Jun 2015, 7:41 pm

arielhawksquill wrote:
If they did bother to wonder about it, they might have thought you were a closet homosexual.
I never had a girlfriend or went on a date till I was 28 & my parents wondered if I was homosexual but I don't conform to the male gender stereotype.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Vomelche
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2015, 10:27 pm

I find my generation is increasingly cool with being single, to the point of not even wanting a partner.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2015, 12:56 am

First off, who gives a s**t what anyone else thinks about it?

Second.. that's assuming they think anything of it at all. How would anyone else know you haven't had a date in X timeframe unless you told them in the first place?

Third.. if they do think anything of it, I bet what they think varies from person to person and also depends on the single person they're thinking about. If a guy is effeminate at all, or has other "gay traits," then they likely assume he's a closeted homo. Someone might assume someone is an awkward shy nerd, others might think he's just not interested in dating, someone else might think he's education/career focused etc, and someone else might think the guy is a socially awkward creep. Who knows, who cares?

Chances are others don't spent very much time thinking about this stuff about single people.. they're too busy with their own lives and thoughts to be bothered to give playing guessing games about you much time and energy.

autismthinker21
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2015, 1:19 am

Mainly the society itself needs a little wake-up call. We are single and someone we still manage to entertain the feminine that drives us loving. The woman you agree with is the woman that helps you and makes you, you. If I am wrong, send me to the backroom with a chalkboard.

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2015, 8:26 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
others might think he's just not interested in dating, someone else might think he's education/career focused etc,

You can't be career focused and have a girlfriend? If someone is passing up relationships for their job, something it out of whack.

autismthinker21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2015, 8:30 pm

ProfessorJohn wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
others might think he's just not interested in dating, someone else might think he's education/career focused etc,

You can't be career focused and have a girlfriend? If someone is passing up relationships for their job, something it out of whack.

Oh now I don't have to go back to the chalkboard. Good. Then I am done for the day. *Heads out the door*

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2015, 7:40 pm

autismthinker21 wrote:
ProfessorJohn wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Oh now I don't have to go back to the chalkboard. Good. Then I am done for the day. *Heads out the door*

Now you have completely lost me with the chalkboard comment.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2015, 7:54 pm

He's being petulant. He's like a petulant student He sees that your screen name has "Professor" in it. This is why he made the "chalkboard" comment.

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2015, 8:55 pm

Finally got it, thanks for explaining it kraftie. Guess I am the absent minded professor, stuff can take a long time to click with me, if ever.