I now need a « The Earth is actually FLAT » thread...!

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2015, 10:29 pm

Yes, apparently, a section on « conspiracies » has not been made on these boards, leaving me with Computers/Math/Science/Technology to discuss about how the Earth is actually FLAT... from the perspective of a muon travelling at near the speed-of-light in particular...

graywyvern
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 12:33 pm

there are a few arguments

reasoning." --William Blake

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 4:02 pm

Ban-Dodger wrote:
Yes, apparently, a section on « conspiracies » has not been made on these boards, leaving me with Computers/Math/Science/Technology to discuss about how the Earth is actually FLAT... from the perspective of a muon travelling at near the speed-of-light in particular...
the muon you're referencing would be hard pressed to see anything while at near-lightspeed. also celestial bodies are round for a reason, being a flat object outside of a gravity well is impossible.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2015, 6:40 pm

I would buy into thishypothesisif that flat world was affixed to the backsof four gigantic elephants standing in turn upon the back of an even larger sea turtle that did not need air to live in a hard vacuum.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2015, 9:51 am

Earth doesnt even exist at all!

Its an imaginary "third record": a mash up created by the great cosmic deejay who put the flat Mars on one turntable, and the flat planet Venus on the other, and created Earth out of beat matching the two planets into one funky dance groove.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2015, 2:07 pm

Some of the claims about this Flat-Earth stuff that I have come across are as follows:

⇒ The measurements from the top of the tallest building to the top of the next tallest buildings in the world that are six miles apart also measure out to be the exact same distance from the bottom of one building to the bottom of the other building

⇒ High-powered telescopes have been used to view the masts of ships that have sailed out at a far enough distance to where the top of the mast would be expected to drop by 6mm in the telescope-view but yet still seem to remain at exactly the same height even when the ship is several hundreds upon hundreds of miles away...

⇒ Bunches of things related to Antarctica & how it has the longest-standing international-treaty in the history of the entire world where everything about the inner-portions of Antarctica are off-limits to all nations & anybody in the general-public (and also claims that it was extremely rich in resources such to the point where you would expect large oil-companies to at least attempt to take over some control of the region but that they haven't even bothered to try)

⇒ Various claims about how, when using travel-time-calculators for certain routes across the planet, that the travel-times which come up for certain distances do not make any sense if the Earth were round but make perfect sense if we're on some kind of flat-plane (I will dig up the web-site to this calculator later but I'm busy multi-tasking right now)

Anyway, with that said, they are just things that I've come across, and find difficult to wrap my head around, but I'm thinking that things are probably just being bent, according to our perceptions, and maybe it's that this kind of bending, perhaps from gravitational or electro-magnetic field-forces, somehow causes the Earth to be both round & flat simultaneously ? Due to the Fabric/Firmament of the very Planes (context: Geometry-Planes rather than those things with wings that fly through the sky) themselves ? I am under the impression at the moment that it might be due to some kind of quantum-weirdness or quantum-woo which causes the Earth to be flat when you're within its atmosphere but it turns out to be round when you move further away from the surface (and becomes a kind of a dot/circle like kind of how a video-game might mark a particular location with a circle/dot/ball/sphere rather than a line representing the next co-ordinate). I need more input in this thread to scramble up any paradigm-structures that I may have established. Thanks, everyone, I just LOVE subjecting myself to Cognitive-Dissonance ! It's really confusing to me ! :lol:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2015, 10:08 pm

When Amundsen, found the South Pole he found that it was not a point in the middle of a continent, but the 25000 mile edge of the flat planet (see the pic in the above post). Later his rival Scott also arrived at the South Pole, and Scott and his party promptly fell off the edge. The text books all say that Scott froze/starved to death, but that's all part of the conspiracy and cover up. He is probably still falling now a 100 years later.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2015, 1:39 pm

Actually got a reply that makes sense on another forums, basically, the Earth isn't as round of a spherical-shape as many of us seem to believe, but rather, more like a very elongated oval-shape that may be or seem flat or simulate flatness-properties in some parts of the globe instead of being a fully flatness-plane (Ref: Geometrical).

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2015, 2:40 pm

Ban-Dodger wrote:
Actually got a reply that makes sense on another forums, basically, the Earth isn't as round of a spherical-shape as many of us seem to believe, but rather, more like a very elongated oval-shape that may be or seem flat or simulate flatness-properties in some parts of the globe instead of being a fully flatness-plane (Ref: Geometrical).

Manifold Earth?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2015, 2:44 pm

Its sure looks like a sphere from outer space ( "like a blue marble" as one astronaut said).

Actually the first astronauts noticed that the Earth is slightly pear shaped. Basically spherical, but the Southern Hemisphere is slightly bigger (the earth has a fat ass).

guitarman2010
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2015, 5:49 pm

This topic is comical indeed :)

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2015, 3:56 am

May as well add what the actual appearance of the earth allegèdly looks like without its ocean-waters...

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2015, 2:38 pm

That spinning graphic does not make sense to me.

First- it shows the lowest place on earth as being the Himalayas.

Second the oceans average three miles deep, but the earth is 8000 miles wide. So removing the ocean from a two inch wide model of the Earth would not make any noticeable difference to Earth's shape.