One of my aspie friends makes me very uncomfortable

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Octobermoon
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Jun 2015, 10:01 am

First of all I've known this dude for 3 years and during that time we've talked pretty much every day and bonded except there was a point where I had a crush on him because he kept on sending me confusing signals making me think that he liked me for more than just a friend but not really the case. He took a strong liking to my drawing ability and writing and would request things from me every single day and if not that just to talk. It was weird at first to me but I grew used to having him talk to me always and all I could do is be very nice back to him. As I said though things were very one sided between us and when he'd go off and do something else I sort of felt hurt because not only did he ignore me but he'd be very blunt to me which I didn't like since I put so much time into doing things for him and treated me like basically nothing when he got interested in something else. One of the things that he has a hard time with is that we are very different people and don't share many of the same interests but to be honest I don't share much in common with every single one of my friends but we get along and are friends still because there is a mutual like. The most recent one was the worst argument we've had and now he's not talking to me and I'm just trying to get over it because I still want to be his friend but now all he does is act very indifferent with me and it makes me feel really uncomfortable like he doesn't like me or want to be my friend. I've been actually hiding from him because I'm really scared to trigger another argument :/

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2015, 10:13 am

Sounds like he's pretty much a dick to me.

You have writing ability. You have drawing ability. Don't waste it on this schmuck.

The better the Muse, the better the product.

Octobermoon
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Jun 2015, 10:25 am

Yeah he's admitted it and you are right I shouldn't be bothering with a person like that however he's not the only one at fault I have a very low threshold when it comes to having a temper but the difference is I respect his boundaries and he has no regard for mine and I let him get too close to me too quickly which is not something I usually do.