Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

SamAckary
Toucan
Toucan

30 Mar 2007, 5:21 am

How successful can a person with Aspergers usually be?
I mean i'd like to know if its more common with the higher fuctioning individuals or just under certain circumstances?
Any help would be appreciated :)

Aspie_for_the_Lord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2007, 5:32 am

Bill gates is an Aspie... 8O

obvious really... :lol:

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2007, 7:10 am

Aspie_for_the_Lord wrote:
Bill gates is an Aspie... 8O

obvious really... :lol:

Why do they say Bill Gates is an aspie?

SamAckary
Toucan
Toucan

30 Mar 2007, 7:54 am

Because how he acts, reclusive and quiet, yet look how brilliant he designed microsoft
and Aspie_for_the_Lord, what did you mean by that?, if you meant about successful, check wikipedia's AS section, there's a list of famous people with it :D

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2007, 6:03 pm

I highly doubt that he is. His interpersonal skills are VERY good.

Aspie_for_the_Lord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2007, 6:07 pm

Bill gates IS an Aspie.... he has had the opportunities and the training (not to mention the money)to help his social skills.... but look how he conducts business and you see that he act aspie company-wise... look how he acts/reacts with other companies

tallfreak
Raven
Raven

30 Mar 2007, 7:11 pm

I own a software consulting company and run a logistics company (my Step Father started it, but became ill with Parkinson's and my brother and I purchased it from him several years ago(mostly for Tax reasons.) So yes, I'd say I've done pretty good with a 6 digit income. My brother has better interpersonal skills than me and I have some very good employees. I've also been taught by the best, my step father. He had incredible interpersonal skills and was a great salesman. He could sell ice to the Eskimos and they would think they got a pretty good deal.

-Scott

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2007, 9:07 pm

isn't steven speilberg an aspie?

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2007, 10:04 am

I am successful in my work. It is not something in which someone can achieve greatness, but doing the job well ensures that the materials get where they need to go. I am proud of finding at least 90 percent of the materials on the Interlibrary Loan list.

I suspect athlete and neurologist Roger Bannister has some AS traits. He often talked of not belonging as a teenager and said that running for him was a way to find friendships. He was made fun of for his attention to his studies but, as time went on, his way proved to be the right way.

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2007, 10:39 am

I am not sure how succesful an aspie can be... just as successful as everyone else I geuss

Space
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2007, 12:00 pm

Having a lot of money does not mean success in life. Sorry to burst your bubble. Success is a way you live your life.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2007, 6:25 pm

In which case, I was once very successful. Happy and content. More than anyone that I knew. Too bad it all collapsed.

tallfreak
Raven
Raven

01 Apr 2007, 12:09 am

Space wrote:
Having a lot of money does not mean success in life. Sorry to burst your bubble. Success is a way you live your life.

I agree completely!! ! I was referring to the topic of the post "Work and finding a Job" which I interpret as successful careers. I know of many people who are successful in their careers, but are miserable with their personal life and self being.

Of course having money can certainly help, LOL. Seriously though, I am happy and content as long as I'm doing something I enjoy and can make a decent living off of it. I don't have to be super wealthy to be happy.

-Scott

Space
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 3:20 pm

tallfreak wrote:
Space wrote:

I agree completely!! ! I was referring to the topic of the post "Work and finding a Job" which I interpret as successful careers. I know of many people who are successful in their careers, but are miserable with their personal life and self being.

Of course having money can certainly help, LOL. Seriously though, I am happy and content as long as I'm doing something I enjoy and can make a decent living off of it. I don't have to be super wealthy to be happy.

-Scott

^^Smart 8) . Money comes and goes, but you can't put a price on doing something that you love :) Anyways, you need to be interested in and passionate about what you do if you are going to be good at it--- and money will come eventually anyways.

HolidayonIce
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Apr 2007, 9:16 pm

Actor/comedien/musician Dan Ackroyd is self-identified as Aspie, too. His special interests include physics, science fiction and law enforcement; he never goes anywhere without a police badge.

Eclair
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2007, 9:28 pm

I have no idea if Bill Gates has AS or not, but I will say that if you are passionate about something, that can overcome a lot of hurdles in the social side of things...(becomes a problem though if work is all you talk about at "out of work" gatherings!).