Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

oharris1997
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jun 2015, 4:57 am

Who here loves the big bang theory? I do!! And isn't Sheldon totally relatable ?

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2015, 7:09 am

I keep saying I am not a fan but always watch it when nothing else is on. I love to joke that Sheldon is a character plagiarized from my teenage year: the only difference I see is that I would never have that many friends! :lol:

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2015, 7:38 am

Yeah, I'm a huge fan, and started this thread:

http://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=263249

It's really fun, and we love playing it.

I really love Sheldon----all the characters, really----but, I can't TOTALLY relate, cuz I'm one of those seemingly rare social Aspies, and I think I've got the social conventions down, pretty good.

I was just thinking, last night, as I watched several re-runs, for the MILLIONTH time, that, really, all the characters have some Aspie traits----Leonard with his lactose intolerance / Asthma (I know NTs can have these, but it seems common among Aspies, as well), and his being sensitive, enough, to cry at stuff; Raj's problem with talking to girls, might be a neurological thing; Howard's obsession with stuff (really, all the guys).....

As for the girls..... Penny might have ADHD----she can't stay interested in something long-enough, to have a passion ("special interest"); Bernadette, being an extreme competitor; and Amy, just being "weird", in general.

I know all these things aren't actually "Aspie things"----I just meant that they all, definitely, have things to which I can relate.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2015, 8:01 am

I enjoy it. But, as with all sit-coms, it is difficult to develop much of the characters in 22:30 minutes. As a result, some actors walk through the episodes tossing zingers with little reason. Still, it is probably one of the better produced series today.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2015, 8:03 am

I love this show, but oddly enough there are only a few things about Sheldon that I relate to; for the most part he's the opposite of me. I love him and all the characters though. The show is great, very, very funny.

oharris1997
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jun 2015, 8:41 am

Ahh I watch the 8 different series over and over so I have quite a good character profile for each one. It is true that most character do display signs of asd. Has anyone noticed how all the characters (apart from penny) wear exactly the same clothes but in different colours? That it itself is a trait of asd. I am with Sheldon for his love of routine, lack of understanding of irony and sarcasm, clothing preferences and lack of social skills and love of control!

TheNameless
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Jun 2015, 8:51 am

I used to love it but I lost interest a few seasons in as people began to pair off, get married and such. I do love Sheldon though and refer to my eldest son as my little Sheldon because that is pretty much how he can come across when he isn't masking and is just being himself.