My ex made a new Face book account to check on me......?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Barnes66
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jun 2015, 4:04 pm

Its been 8 months since we spoke. He met someone else in his town so I told him that it was painful for me watching him dating someone else. Thats why I decided to go NC.

We live 4 hours apart and have no mutual friends. I changed my cell phone number for unrelated reasons. He doesn't have my new number

However, he permanently deleted his Face Book account a while back when we were still involved. We kept in touch by phone.

Yesterday I accepted a request from someone else on Face book. Then I saw a profile with the same nick name that he used on his old Face book ,at the "suggested friends". At first I thought it could be someone else using the same name.

I decided to click on it out of curiosity. The profile had only one pic of beach as a profile pic...........it only had 2 people as friends and the girls live in his city. Its obvious that the account was just made not too long ago. Also one of the girls on is list would always write on his old face book wall. They are friends

However,today the profile is gone again. I am sure its my ex. I am assuming that he was curious about me and decided to make a new Face book to check on me? I have to admit that I broke down on him and cried when he told me that he seeing someone else that he really likes. That`s when I told him that we should go separate ways. I am assuming he is still with the same girl since he didn't contact me.

Is it normal for exes to get curious enough to go through that trouble of creating a new Face book? Thoughts.........?

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2015, 4:12 pm

While it is normal to wonder how an ex is doing, the only socially appropriate way to speak to eachother (given your circumstance) is when you bump into him face to face and say hello out of respect for eachother.

No it isn't normal IMO to create Facebook accounts to try and check out how an ex is doing. Unrelated to your circumstance (but similar)- If one has blocked the other person from viewing their Facebook, the hint should be obvious to the person being blocked. I would have blocked the person's profile right away if I suspected that they were only trying to view my profile just to see what I am up to now.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2015, 4:32 pm

You are having wishful ideas.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Jun 2015, 7:50 pm

I doubt it's normal but I've thought about contacting my 1st ex online pretending to be somebody else to check on how she was doing & stuff. I was pretty obsessed with her till I got my 2nd girlfriend 8 years later.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2015, 10:01 pm

I'm your ex-boyfriend.

Baby i'm sorry I hurt you. I'm still madly in love with you, baby please come back to me. I love you...

Plz plz plz? You're my one and only...