Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2015, 4:08 pm

Mike Huckabee is threatening civil disobedience on behalf of Christians in retaliation for the Supreme Court's ruling on allowing same sex marriage throughout all 50 US states.

Quote:
Following Friday's decision, former Arkansas governor and Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee's campaign posted a video of his infant grandson that compares his soiled diapers to the recent rulings. Huckabee released a statement calling the SCOTUS ruling on gay marriage "judicial tyranny."

"I will not acquiesce to an imperial court any more than our Founders acquiesced to an imperial British monarch," he said. "The Supreme Court can no more repeal the laws of nature and nature's God on marriage than it can the law of gravity."

Huckabee also suggested that Christians will resist the court's decision with widespread civil disobedience, comparing the effort to Dr. Martin Luther King's fight against racial discrimination.

"They will go the path of Dr. Martin Luther King, who in his brilliant essay the letters from a Birmingham jail reminded us, based on what St. Augustine said, that an unjust law is no law at all," he said. "And I do think that we're going to see a lot of pastors who will have to make this tough decision."

https://news.vice.com/article/conservat ... vicenewsfb

So will some of them go over the edge? They kind of scare me.

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2015, 4:20 pm

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/06/ ... 0f20150629
texas is doing much the same thing(thanks Ken Paxton!), can't say i'm shocked that the fundies on the right are rattling their sabers. doubtful that much will come of it, even if some a-hole AG gets hauled off for violating someone's rights.

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2015, 4:26 pm

I view it as rather predictable sabre-rattling. I'm thinking it will blow over eventually. If not sooner, then when the more narrow-minded sorts of my generation die off. :D

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2015, 5:00 pm

Idiots...lol yes this legalization has taken away the rights of Christians and made them into second class citizens without equal rights as everyone else.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2015, 5:17 pm

I doubt that any gay couples are going to sue churches for not marrying them.

That one guy doesn't count - since he was operating a commercial business venture and the couple wasn't asking for religious sanctification.

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2015, 5:28 pm

blauSamstag wrote:
I doubt that any gay couples are going to sue churches for not marrying them.

That one guy doesn't count - since he was operating a commercial business venture and the couple wasn't asking for religious sanctification.
marriages are performed by courthouses for the most part, not at actual churches(that's just the ceremonial bit)

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2015, 6:01 pm

Well, I live in the sociological assessed most patriarchal area to live in the United States. in terms of churches per square mile, with three major military bases in commuting distance, and as a person with degrees in Anthropology, Social Sciences Interdisciplinary, and Health Science, as I continue to play a role as Anthropology Participant Observer in diverse areas of culture both online and off, I find this sociological phenomenon exhilarating, as an extreme example of the continuing Anthropological and Sociological play of the 'good old' close-minded conservatives against the 'brand new' liberal open-minded folks of Life.

The thing that makes this particularly interesting in my area; is this is a federal issue that will have absolutely zero chance of becoming legal without a federal-hand in the ultimate legal ability for homosexuals to have rights to marry in the most close-minded conservative place of them all, in the U.S, L.A., otherwise known as Lower Alabama in the Panhandle of FL.

The military dominated Catholic Church that I am visiting for the last 2 years and raised in as a child, is a fair of homily excuses, like a favorite football team that loses a battle to the big boy rivals across town.

Even a guideline letter is provided like a FEMA instruction 'what to do',
in this disaster of close-minds opened in the most
liberal nightmare they can imagine,
whether they like it or not.

And on Saturday, OH MY JESUS, the JESUS SCREAMERS, WARNING EVERYONE ABOUT HELL FIRE, line every single block of the main road through Pensacola, per Davis Highway. And yes, a hot day; screaming their lungs out; by the end of the day, I'm sure they are exhausted but do not sleep well; as no one rolls their windows down to say Hi! we love your screams!

And then, there is a side-order of big 4 wheel drive pick-up trucks with four 3X-size Confederate Flags riding high with an American Flag; that I get an excellent photo in the Super-Walmart Parking Lot.

I come up slow, in my sleek Honda Civic Coupe, economy gas sipper, along the truck tires that are about as high as my vehicle; but the thing is, there is not a white skinned middle-age man that comes out of the Honda; instead, there is a heavily muscled red and somewhat tanned 230LB man that is me, who can frigging make a growl like a Lion, and a yell that will make the hair raise up on animals bigger than me, hehe.

I say hey! guys! can I take a picture of you with my iPhone5S camera; with my super-cool Law-enforcement shades and hair cut; and they say you ain't dogging us are you; in a kind of whimpering, I don't wanna get in trouble, if that guy is an undercover cop dude; or if they are into conspiracy stuff, like me being a Black-Hawk Helicopter FBI dude.

And then I say, hell NO, dude, I'm gonna put you all on FACEBOOK, 'CAUSE I BELIEVE IN FREEDOM; YOU CAN FRIGGING FLY THE RAINBOW FLAG; I DON'T GIVE A CRAP; AND THEN I YELL THE WORD FREEDOM; loud enough, for the preachers in Pensacola on Davis Highway to hear me, 20 miles or so away, in metaphor of course; but my wife is cringing, as she's kinda shy, HA ha!

And a manager of Super-Walmart comes running out of the store
wondering if World War III has been started by the Walmart Dancing Dude, hahax2!..;)

These folks ain't got a clue on how to do a real Rampage, ANA; they are just blowing smoke out of their butt; they will be back in the air-conditioned dens watching Nascar with some Ice-TEA next weekend or Major League Baseball; these folks are soft inside with big barks; there is no worries at all; I am just laughing with them; all the way; like I just hit a home run; and win a race with a number 6 car; and I think that is, what's his name, my father liked him, when he is alive of course; but I cannot remember his name; my father did not like blacks or homosexuals, either one; but that's the price of Ignorance; a life spent in a WHITE hole of hate generated by true dummies..;)

I'm just glad my father left early, so I did NOT PICK US HIS NASTY HABITS GENERATED BY HIS LOUISIANA Cajun fore- bearer's who put blacks and homosexuals down one RUNG lower than they are perceived, by so-called higher class WHITER FOLKS.

People who are secure in themselves never need to personally attack another person in malice.

But oh MY GOODNESS, 'WEA- FOLKS' LIKE THIS ARE SURE FUN TO PLAY WITH..;)

Particularly, if one looks like a middle-aged somewhat high-ranking off-duty law-enforcement officer
who looks super strong, with a loud intimidating voice; even when he does not mean to intimidate at all..;)

Yes, I have White Privilege to the extreme everywhere I go; and it does have real first world privileges to
be even be bizarre, if I so choose; But that's just another pArt of my Anthropology thingy, hehe!..;)

I'm just a pussy-cat, in a Lion's Body and Voice; smiles..;)

I ain't scared of no so-called 'red-necks' around here...;)

And to be clear, I have a red and somewhat tanned neck
myself. There are some folks with red-necks who
are super cool;

like me,
in the deep
South Beaches
away from northern
parts of the county..:)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2015, 6:25 pm

This is an attempt to re-start the rather dismal success of various kinds of Religious Liberty Protection bills which promised to protect religious individuals (not just clergy) from prosecution if they chose to violate nondiscrimination laws. So far, most states have rejected such legislation.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2015, 6:40 pm

aghogday wrote:
Well, I live in the sociological assessed most patriarchal area to live in the United States. in terms of churches per square mile, with three major military bases in commuting distance, and as a person with degrees in Anthropology, Social Sciences Interdisciplinary, and Health Science, as I continue to play a role as Anthropology Participant Observer in diverse areas of culture both online and off, I find this sociological phenomenon exhilarating, as an extreme example of the continuing Anthropological and Sociological play of the 'good old' close-minded conservatives against the 'brand new' liberal open-minded folks of Life.

The thing that makes this particularly interesting in my area; is this is a federal issue that will have absolutely zero chance of becoming legal without a federal-hand in the ultimate legal ability for homosexuals to have rights to marry in the most close-minded conservative place of them all, in the U.S, L.A., otherwise known as Lower Alabama in the Panhandle of FL.

The military dominated Catholic Church that I am visiting for the last 2 years and raised in as a child, is a fair of homily excuses, like a favorite football team that loses a battle to the big boy rivals across town.

Even a guideline letter is provided like a FEMA instruction 'what to do',
in this disaster of close-minds opened in the most
liberal nightmare they can imagine,
whether they like it or not.

And on Saturday, OH MY JESUS, the JESUS SCREAMERS, WARNING EVERYONE ABOUT HELL FIRE, line every single block of the main road through Pensacola, per Davis Highway. And yes, a hot day; screaming their lungs out; by the end of the day, I'm sure they are exhausted but do not sleep well; as no one rolls their windows down to say Hi! we love your screams!

And then, there is a side-order of big 4 wheel drive pick-up trucks with four 3X-size Confederate Flags riding high with an American Flag; that I get an excellent photo in the Super-Walmart Parking Lot.

I come up slow, in my sleek Honda Civic Coupe, economy gas sipper, along the truck tires that are about as high as my vehicle; but the thing is, there is not a white skinned middle-age man that comes out of the Honda; instead, there is a heavily muscled red and somewhat tanned 230LB man that is me, who can frigging make a growl like a Lion, and a yell that will make the hair raise up on animals bigger than me, hehe.

I say hey! guys! can I take a picture of you with my iPhone5S camera; with my super-cool Law-enforcement shades and hair cut; and they say you ain't dogging us are you; in a kind of whimpering, I don't wanna get in trouble, if that guy is an undercover cop dude; or if they are into conspiracy stuff, like me being a Black-Hawk Helicopter FBI dude.

And then I say, hell NO, dude, I'm gonna put you all on FACEBOOK, 'CAUSE I BELIEVE IN FREEDOM; YOU CAN FRIGGING FLY THE RAINBOW FLAG; I DON'T GIVE A CRAP; AND THEN I YELL THE WORD FREEDOM; loud enough, for the preachers in Pensacola on Davis Highway to hear me, 20 miles or so away, in metaphor of course; but my wife is cringing, as she's kinda shy, HA ha!

And a manager of Super-Walmart comes running out of the store
wondering if World War III has been started by the Walmart Dancing Dude, hahax2!..;)

These folks ain't got a clue on how to do a real Rampage, ANA; they are just blowing smoke out of their butt; they will be back in the air-conditioned dens watching Nascar with some Ice-TEA next weekend or Major League Baseball; these folks are soft inside with big barks; there is no worries at all; I am just laughing with them; all the way; like I just hit a home run; and win a race with a number 6 car; and I think that is, what's his name, my father liked him, when he is alive of course; but I cannot remember his name; my father did not like blacks or homosexuals, either one; but that's the price of Ignorance; a life spent in a WHITE hole of hate generated by true dummies..;)

I'm just glad my father left early, so I did NOT PICK US HIS NASTY HABITS GENERATED BY HIS LOUISIANA Cajun fore- bearer's who put blacks and homosexuals down one RUNG lower than they are perceived, by so-called higher class WHITER FOLKS.

People who are secure in themselves never need to personally attack another person in malice.

But oh MY GOODNESS, 'WEA- FOLKS' LIKE THIS ARE SURE FUN TO PLAY WITH..;)

Particularly, if one looks like a middle-aged somewhat high-ranking off-duty law-enforcement officer
who looks super strong, with a loud intimidating voice; even when he does not mean to intimidate at all..;)

Yes, I have White Privilege to the extreme everywhere I go; and it does have real first world privileges to
be even be bizarre, if I so choose; But that's just another pArt of my Anthropology thingy, hehe!..;)

I'm just a pussy-cat, in a Lion's Body and Voice; smiles..;)

I ain't scared of no so-called 'red-necks' around here...;)

And to be clear, I have a red and somewhat tanned neck
myself. There are some folks with red-necks who
are super cool;

like me,
in the deep
South Beaches
away from northern
parts of the county..:)

Maybe Huckabee wants to join forces with WBC? He's sounding more and more like them everyday. Now he's telling Christians to do what WBC does, create civil disobedience. This is pretty much what WBC does but so far, they are the only ones.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2015, 7:39 pm

Fundamentalists on the right are now more obsessed than ever over turning back the clock on US progression.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2015, 8:16 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Mike Huckabee is threatening civil disobedience on behalf of Christians in retaliation for the Supreme Court's ruling on allowing same sex marriage throughout all 50 US states.

Quote:
Following Friday's decision, former Arkansas governor and Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee's campaign posted a video of his infant grandson that compares his soiled diapers to the recent rulings. Huckabee released a statement calling the SCOTUS ruling on gay marriage "judicial tyranny."

"I will not acquiesce to an imperial court any more than our Founders acquiesced to an imperial British monarch," he said. "The Supreme Court can no more repeal the laws of nature and nature's God on marriage than it can the law of gravity."

Huckabee also suggested that Christians will resist the court's decision with widespread civil disobedience, comparing the effort to Dr. Martin Luther King's fight against racial discrimination.

"They will go the path of Dr. Martin Luther King, who in his brilliant essay the letters from a Birmingham jail reminded us, based on what St. Augustine said, that an unjust law is no law at all," he said. "And I do think that we're going to see a lot of pastors who will have to make this tough decision."

https://news.vice.com/article/conservat ... vicenewsfb

So will some of them go over the edge? They kind of scare me.

A few might, and they'll make headlines doing it, but then the mainstream media will move on to the next story, and gays will still marry, and the guy who wanted to start the revolution will still be in prison or dead.

Look up a guy named Byron Dorgan (I think that's what it is, it's been a while), a guy from the ultraconservative part of California (yes, we do have some) who drove several hundred miles to San Francisco to "start the revolution" by shooting up the ACLU and Tides Foundation.

Where did he get those targets from? Glenn Beck, who had been ranting about them for several weeks. Beck has repeatedly told his zombies that violence accomplishes nothing except angering liberals, and most of them have listened.

Fortunately, Dorgan was stopped on I580 in Oakland (he'd been using "liquid courage" to fortify himself) and no cops were harmed in the shootout. When last heard from, he was awaiting trial. Then the media moved on, and he was still rotting in jail. So, yeah, a few will go off the deep end, but overall most will do nothing except rant on Stormfront.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2015, 8:46 pm

Byron Dorgan was a senator from North Dakota.

Were you thinking of someone else?

kamiyu910
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2015, 9:46 pm

The chance of a full out rampage is slim, even with the churches being burned lately.

However, like I told a friend yesterday, if someone thought the crusades were a good idea, someone today is going to be thinking along the same way. It's whether they have the sway and the capabilities to do anything about it that determine the outcome.

However, they're sorry excuses for "Christians" and they should really not call themselves that, because they are preaching hate, the opposite of what Christ spoke of.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2015, 11:01 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Byron Dorgan was a senator from North Dakota.

Were you thinking of someone else?

My memory sux. :oops: :roll: The guy had a similar name, but I have no clue what it was.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2015, 7:24 am

Someone should tell these fundies that gay marriage isn't actually banned in the bible: this was invente by the vatican to increase control over peoples' lives.