The real reason why you aren't hit on much by women.

Page 1 of 19 [ 291 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2015, 2:40 am

That's inspired from the boobs-maniac's Amazon thread - the fact you guys create threads every time you get hit on means that it's extremely rare thing.

The fact that you guys experience very very rare occasions of being hit on, only means that you are not seen physically attractive by the majority of women in your surrounding.

My tinder experiments strongly indicate that women have kind of ....well.... hive-like preferences when it comes to men's looks and what's generally attractive and what's not.

Meaning, that either the *vast* majority of females around you think you are hot, or they don't - it's like a high score or nil.

The hive-like preference means that when a girl finds a guy hot, there's a pretty very high chance that the next girl to her will find the same guy hot too- and a pretty high chance that her friends will approve him to date him - male hotness is like fashion, what's fashionable in one community might not be so in another. For instance, a white boyfriend in some Asian communities is fashionable.

Fandoms for Twilight and 50 shades of grey are due to this too.

http://wrongplanet.netforums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=285005

And janissy's post is gem there that reveals a lot of things viewtopic.php?f=6&t=285005&start=105 - yes, a woman's perspective about women is definitely more credible than ours, provided she's being bluntly honest and totally non political correct like Janissy - and that's pretty rare, the problem is, most people are politically correct and conformist and women often don't like to hurt others' feeligns; hence why women rarely reveal such things about their gender.

I get hit on a lot online, by specific ethics like the other thread shows, why? Because Hive-preferences differ from one community to another.

I was never hit on at all online or offline when I was very skinny and bony - why? Because the *vast majority* of women don't like skinny and bony guys.

I started to get hit on a lot after I got a bit toned body - why? Because the *vast majority* of women like toned guys.

I don't get hit on as much in real life as online - why? Because of my 5'3 height, a physical trait which isn't visible in pics, is seen by the *vast majority* of women as a deal-breaker and a turn off.

Virtually every woman told me I look better without glasses - why? Because it's an another herd-like preference.

And aspie girls aren't that different btw; the compliments I got from WP girls followed the same trend mentioned above.

Yes, I do claim that now I understand women very well - too well maybe. Probably, I deciphered women's general behavior toward males way better than most PUA idiots. :P

Yes, women do hit on guys, and they do it a lot, but you think they don't because you aren't those guys.

StackedAces
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Jun 2015, 4:13 am

I feel like it's not that complicated to be honest. Most men don't get hit on by women because they're under confident.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2015, 12:50 pm

StackedAces wrote:
I feel like it's not that complicated to be honest. Most men don't get hit on by women because they're under confident.

people hit on others based on looks. so they can't know if you're confident or not and wouldn't' confidence have more to do with guys hitting on women.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2015, 3:06 pm

Yeah I tend to put it down to looks and what's sexy at the time.
Tastes change much like fashion with many.

Also, hi Boo, long time no speak. :skull:

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2015, 3:22 pm

If you're a pretty attractive guy, then yes you probably will get hit on. Attractiveness isn't all in the face, a good chunk of it is in your body. The ideal attractiveness in a man is tall stature, not too skinny and not too fat, and a cute or masculine looking face. If you have these attributes, then you are the ideal. Tall and skinny is the ideal body type for men.

The majority of people however are in the normal range of attractiveness. And a majority of us have some sort of physical flaw. For instance, we're too short, too skinny, too fat, big head, weird voice, narrow shoulders, ugly face to name a few. Most of us arne't going to be attracting women from looks alone, that means we have to work on our other qualities that women look for.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2015, 3:29 pm

the obvious answer is because most women in general are stubbornly passive and will never approach a guy first.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2015, 3:51 pm

Being hit on doesn't automatically mean that you'll get laid tonight. A girl can show interest at first and then lose all of it once she's talked to you for half a minute.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2015, 11:58 pm

You think I don't know that I'm fat & nerdy?

OTOH i'm old enough that it barely matters.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2015, 3:13 am

Kurgan wrote:
Being hit on doesn't automatically mean that you'll get laid tonight. A girl can show interest at first and then lose all of it once she's talked to you for half a minute.

The thread is *only* about being hit on.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2015, 6:05 am

That looks like a whole lot of paragraphs to say simply, "You're not getting hit on because you suck" :twisted:

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2015, 6:23 am

Spiderpig wrote:
That looks like a whole lot of paragraphs to say simply, "You're not getting hit on because you suck" :twisted:

Sometimes I got the feeling life basically is just that simple.

Crazyfool
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jul 2015, 9:02 am

Face of boo: girls hit on you cause they see something in you..simple as ABC. Don't need to turn it into an algebra equation, your odds are prob in your favor if you don't do that with everything in your life, especially women.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2015, 9:29 am

Way back when, right after graduating high school, I took up roller-skating. Back then, it meant going down to the roller-rink, renting a pair of skates, and rolling around the track for an hour or two.

There were lots of girls there, most of whom were in their little cliques, ignoring and snubbing any man who approached them. I ignored them.

There were also single adult women there with bunches of kids. They'd sit on the sidelines and gossip with their friends. I ignored them, too.

Then there were the women who liked skating. I'd see the same ones every week, just skating by themselves. We'd make brief eye-contact, smile, and keep on skating.

It wasn't until about the sixth week that they would start to "accidentally" bump into me. Then they'd apologize and start asking me questions like how old I was, how often I was there, and why I was never with a girlfriend.

Eventually, I started dating a few of them - not all at the same time, of course.

I guess they became interested because they never saw me hitting on the obvious targets - the cutie-pie girly types, the divorcees, and the skate-bunnies (women in short shorts, tight tops, perfect hair and makeup, et cetera ...). I didn't act desperate, I was doing something that I enjoyed, I didn't stare, and I wasn't bothering anyone. At the time, I was also young, fit, healthy, and had a little extra spending cash.. Those must be the key qualities.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2015, 10:08 am

How would this be different than men hitting on women????

You are posting anecdotal evidence again, these approaches are not at all empirical. From the sites themselves, to the observer bias, there are many holes. It is not a well constructed experiment.

Actual studies show that people generally partner with similar level of attractiveness. There would be a population collapse if there really was so much incompatibility.

Being "hit on" is only part of it, and also many people prefer to communicate in private. People may not like to make public declarations or be hit o in public, unless they are extroverts.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2015, 12:23 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
How would this be different than men hitting on women????
It isn't. But it beats hitting on several dozen women, only to be creepzoned or friendzoned by every one of them.

0_equals_true wrote:
You are posting anecdotal evidence again, these approaches are not at all empirical. From the sites themselves, to the observer bias, there are many holes. It is not a well constructed experiment.
Well, DUH! It wasn't an experiment at all. It was an experience, related about 30 years after the fact.

0_equals_true wrote:
Actual studies show that people generally partner with similar level of attractiveness. There would be a population collapse if there really was so much incompatibility.
My experiences do not refute this claim, nor does this claim refute my experiences.

0_equals_true wrote:
Being "hit on" is only part of it, and also many people prefer to communicate in private. People may not like to make public declarations or be hit on in public, unless they are extroverts.
According to this, the man has very little chance of a successful "hit" unless he can separate one of the women from the rest and hit on her in private.

It's been shown in other threads that when it comes to courtship, men are traditionally the persuers, while women are traditionally persued. But put a reasonably good-looking man in a place where reasonably good-looking women gather to engage in social activities. He can either hit on each one of them, ignore them all, or quietly engage in the same activities as everyone else. Which of these behaviors will attract more women?

According to my personal experience, a man is more likely to attract potential mates if he is seen to be interested in the same things as those potential mates. Also, it seems that if a reasonable good-looking man is not hitting on any of the women in that group (or staring at them), eventually some of them are going to want to know why. In my case, saying "I just like to skate" seemed to draw them closer. Had I said, "I'm here to pick up women" like some PUA jerk would do, what do you imagine their reactions would have been?

But no one has to believe me, and I'm not asking them to. Neither am I saying "You should do this", or "My way is the only right way". I'm just relating some personal experiences of what worked for me.

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2015, 12:51 am

Kurgan wrote:

I usually couldn't hold their interest for that long! :)