Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2016, 8:38 pm

Rami Malek was excellent in the series, and yes, that's interesting about his typecasting and funny about his shirtlessness. :D

He was on Jimmy Kimmel Live. This clip starts out a little slow and gets quite funny:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvBwJrc_-ns

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2016, 6:35 pm

I only watched a few episodes, but I think Elliot is interesting.

vegam
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Jul 2016, 3:23 pm

Malek's shirtlessness might not be exactly "accurate" according to the type of character he's playing, that's true . . . but I have to say, I don't exactly mind. :oops:

Contact me at: [email protected]

rcsf
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jul 2016, 12:00 am

I'm watching Mr. Robot, and I found it a very interesting TV series.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2016, 5:40 pm

Watching the initial episodes of season 2, I'm finding it hard to stay engaged in the story, though.
Mainly, because plot made way to character, and for some reason, people consider that great, but I'm with Aristotle here when he writes in his poetics that characters are a vehicle for plot, not the other way round.
I mean, the problems of modern society layed bare is a great scenario. The "revolution" is a great story. If the banking system actually collapsed in its entirety- how long would it take for civil war to break out? How long would food supplies last?
But the post-revolution world at the beginning of season 2 looks oddly familiar.
Why are people going to work every day again?
So what do we get?
A fictional schizophrenic? I feel like I've seen that a hundred times before. It was okay as a device in season 1, but really, so far it's all we get in s2...

Let's see if the thing picks up some speed again.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2016, 11:03 pm

Wow Shlaifu, I thought the world was going to be very different also, even if it was just the one company that collapsed. I actually haven't watched the new episodes yet, and that's disappointing to hear.

enCrypt
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Aug 2016, 7:29 pm

Yep love this show and I really identified with Elliot straight away.
I'm a techie too so like how they get things right for a change in a TV show or movie!

I sometimes find TV shows hard to understand when they don't explain things fully so have struggled a little bit with this but my wife normally watches with me and she explains it if I don't get something straight away...

Loved the twists at the end of Season 1 (although had to read a few explanations of the last few eps online to make sure I get whats going on, damn stupid brain!)

Looking forward to Season 2

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2016, 11:49 am

I think Season 2 showed how absurdly powerful E-corp's position was with the audacity to suggest they create their own alternative currency. It even made Donna question whether they just made things worse. It's a strange quandary to be in the lower class as a hacker understanding the intricacies of computer hacking, but then feel self doubt in the face of economic and political power.

On the other hand, I feel E-corp is threatened by a 2 fronts with fSociety and Whiterose with access to formidable political power as well as The Dark Army. Apparently, Angela is somehow onboard with whatever Whiterose's agenda is.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2016, 11:58 am

At first, I thought Angela wanted to change ECorp from the inside, but now I'm not so sure what her plan is. I think that's the fun of Mr. Robot: following the complex characters, reality versus fantasy, ETC. Season 2 definitely got better after the first couple of episodes, and I hope they'll do a third season.