ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 5:02 pm

fluffyfluff wrote:
Skilpadde wrote:
fluffyfluff wrote:
I am offended that Everyone nowadays is offended

"Makes you wonder are there like a world wide pandemic going on were a virus causes everyone to whine and complain and aggravate EVERY S.I.N.G.L.E ting.."

AND yes i mean EVERYONE nowadays - everyone * wink wink * :idea:

I'm very offended that you think everyone (including me) is offended! :P

I don't think, i know :roll: :wink: :nerdy:

Praise the Lord for the glorious gift of laughter.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 5:06 pm

lol!! Even more offensive :P :wink: :mrgreen:

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Norny
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 5:15 pm

ToughDiamond wrote:
And whether or not your statement was really a joke, I thought my response to it was reasonably intelligent, insightful and stimulating. Dianthus liked it anyway. All in all, I'm glad I posted it.

I think the content of your response was reasonable, it just felt kinda odd that I had multiple people using what I intended to be a joke as a sudden wager against my personality.

I wasn't sure whether Who Am I was joking or not but I replied twice in a joke fashion because I thought it was supposed to be a silly statement either way. Dianthus seemed to have found it funny, hence why I was especially surprised that she took one of my replies so seriously..

ToughDiamond wrote:
Norny wrote:
....considering the last thing I wrote in response was 'I lost your mum'.. lol.

Again, I'm really struggling to see how that was a joke - it just seems like a bizarre statement to me - so perhaps you'd care to explain it? Were you trying to laugh with, or at us?

I wasn't laughing at anyone, I don't know if I would say with you but that is closer than at. It was more just my own impulsive, independent humour, where I just feel like saying it for the lolz. I guess the first reply I posted 'I lost your mum' is a better example of that.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 5:24 pm

Skilpadde wrote:

I know, you guys work so hard on your comic material, and then I give all the credit to some imaginary friend in the sky.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 5:53 pm

Norny wrote:
I think the content of your response was reasonable,

Thanks 8)

Quote:
it just felt kinda odd that I had multiple people using what I intended to be a joke as a sudden wager against my personality.

For my part, I was wishing to question your motives rather than attack your personality.

Quote:
I wasn't sure whether Who Am I was joking or not but I replied twice in a joke fashion because I thought it was supposed to be a silly statement either way. Dianthus seemed to have found it funny, hence why I was especially surprised that she took one of my replies so seriously..

I'll take that into account while I consider my verdict. :jester:

Quote:
ToughDiamond wrote:
Norny wrote:

Again, I'm really struggling to see how that was a joke - it just seems like a bizarre statement to me - so perhaps you'd care to explain it? Were you trying to laugh with, or at us?

I wasn't laughing at anyone, I don't know if I would say with you but that is closer than at. It was more just my own impulsive, independent humour, where I just feel like saying it for the lolz. I guess the first reply I posted 'I lost your mum' is a better example of that.

I still don't understand the joke, but maybe that's the nature of "independent" humour.

I once had a small problem with a surgeon who kept putting samples of human stomach on my desk, so I put a note asking him not to. Fearing that he might think I was being indignant and so take offense, I added a cute little drawing of a stomach, which I hoped would lighten the situation. I suspect the same dynamic has been happening here. Luckily the outcome hasn't been anything like so bad here. In the case of the stomach, my colleague later informed me that the surgeon had gone postal, and added that "the drawing screamed as he tore it from the wall." Ten bonus points for anybody who can tell me whether it was me or the surgeon who was in the wrong.

Norny
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 6:10 pm

ToughDiamond wrote:
Norny wrote:
it just felt kinda odd that I had multiple people using what I intended to be a joke as a sudden wager against my personality.

For my part, I was wishing to question your motives rather than attack your personality.

It wasn't really a strong feeling on my part, just considering an argument started about my posts, it was something I considered as likely. Good to know, though.

ToughDiamond wrote:
I still don't understand the joke, but maybe that's the nature of "independent" humour.

I once had a small problem with a surgeon who kept putting samples of human stomach on my desk, so I put a note asking him not to. Fearing that he might think I was being indignant and so take offense, I added a cute little drawing of a stomach, which I hoped would lighten the situation. I suspect the same dynamic has been happening here. Luckily the outcome hasn't been anything like so bad here. In the case of the stomach, my colleague later informed me that the surgeon had gone postal, and added that "the drawing screamed as he tore it from the wall." Ten bonus points for anybody who can tell me whether it was me or the surgeon who was in the wrong.

Haha well that does seem relatable. Seems like that over-reaction from the surgeon was leagues above anything that happened here though. XD

I can see how my humour can be taken the wrong way. I originally replied that way because I didn't know how to interpret the post I was quoting, so I chose to keep it light-hearted. Maybe Who Am I does think that I just lost an argument and created this thread.. who knows. It didn't bother me enough to take it seriously.

That said I'm not ignoring that my posts may be viewed as angry.. I just don't really know what to do about that. I don't really feel like wrapping my words in pudding only to be seen as kind. I guess I can't really perceive this anger that people refer to, outside of a few threads (such as this 1).

fluffyfluff
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jul 2015, 6:13 pm

Skilpadde wrote:

VERY offensive indeed, grow some manners - How dare one laugh at two people having a very serious talk about something incredibly serious..

Norny
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 6:15 pm

fluffyfluff wrote:
Skilpadde wrote:

VERY offensive indeed, grow some manners - How dare one laugh at two people having a very serious talk about something incredibly serious..

I have no idea what you guys are talking about but I have read the posts, so here you go: :jester:

Lol

fluffyfluff
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jul 2015, 6:16 pm

ToughDiamond wrote:
Skilpadde wrote:

I know, you guys work so hard on your comic material, and then I give all the credit to some imaginary friend in the sky.

Dang it, i needed those creds.. :wink:

fluffyfluff
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jul 2015, 6:21 pm

Norny wrote:
fluffyfluff wrote:
Skilpadde wrote:

I have no idea what you guys are talking about but I have read the posts, so here you go: :jester:

Lol

Glad we can be your fools

Norny
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 6:24 pm

This is how I often think of myself when I am in relaxed mode:

fluffyfluff
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jul 2015, 6:30 pm

Norny wrote:
This is how I often think of myself when I am in relaxed mode:

haha :lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 6:30 pm

Vitamina Vegimen!

tinyteddy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jul 2015, 6:32 pm

definitely. i agree that we should do our best not to overly offend others, but at what point does it become ridiculous?

fluffyfluff
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jul 2015, 6:46 pm

tinyteddy wrote:
definitely. i agree that we should do our best not to overly offend others, but at what point does it become ridiculous?

It seems to me that when people get offended at utterly ridiculous things (which i can remember is often) my brain suppresses it to keep me from going bonkers

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2015, 2:00 am

League_Girl wrote:
ToughDiamond wrote:
Norny wrote:

I thought Who Am I was joking and then I thought Norny was joking back. Though I don't get the humor.

We were both joking.
I know that Norny is because my mum's been here all along. She was never lost.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I