Miiverse redesign coming this summer

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2015, 8:50 am

Nintendo early this morning announced a full redesign of Miiverse coming this summer.

Some of the new features:

Screenshot album

◆ You can save up to 100 screenshots in this album.
◆ This album is your own private space. It won't be visible to other users.

Play Journal:
◆ Each Play Journal entry will include a screenshot that shows what was happening in the game when it was written. Only software titles that don't support the taking of screenshots will be exempt from this rule.

New design for game communities

Play Journal Entries, Drawings, and Discussions will be separate sections under communities making it easier to find what you are looking for.
◆ You won't be able to post handwritten posts to the Play Journal Entries or Discussions sections.

*As the Play Journal feature is a replacement for posting to your activity feed, you won't be able to post to your activity feed after the redesign.
*After the redesign, the limitations on posting quickly in succession will become less strict. You'll be able to post a combined total of 30 posts or comments per day. (In-game posts will not be included in this total.)

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/special/r ... nouncement

Finally Miiverse will be easier to browse!
Though posting to activity feed will be sorely missed.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2015, 9:38 pm

http://gonintendo.com/stories/238994-ni ... n#comments

Nintendo finally has heard your cries of pain and has detailed the reason for the redesign is refocus Miiverse on gaming and doing away with non gaming stuff.

All of you who complained about people posting non gaming related stuff in the activity feed and other places, can go straight to HELL!! !

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2015, 1:18 am

xenocity wrote:
http://gonintendo.com/stories/238994-nintendo-gives-more-details-on-miiverse-s-upcoming-redesign#comments

Nintendo finally has heard your cries of pain and has detailed the reason for the redesign is refocus Miiverse on gaming and doing away with non gaming stuff.

All of you who complained about people posting non gaming related stuff in the activity feed and other places, can go straight to HELL!! !

Er.... so are you saying this is a good thing, or a bad thing?

I'm not overly familiar with it as a whole, I've mostly just been in the Splatoon section, which seems to mostly consist of bad puns, Squidward, complaints about losing by .1%, and pictures of Callie. Or screwy drawings of whatever the current Splatfest is about.

It sounds like other areas are more covered in nonsense, then?

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2015, 1:52 am

Misery wrote:
xenocity wrote:
http://gonintendo.com/stories/238994-nintendo-gives-more-details-on-miiverse-s-upcoming-redesign#comments

Er.... so are you saying this is a good thing, or a bad thing?

I'm not overly familiar with it as a whole, I've mostly just been in the Splatoon section, which seems to mostly consist of bad puns, Squidward, complaints about losing by .1%, and pictures of Callie. Or screwy drawings of whatever the current Splatfest is about.

It sounds like other areas are more covered in nonsense, then?

I think it's bad.

Logging on to Miiverse brings up your Activity Feed which currently shows the latest posts you and your friends on your friends list have made, only the first post shows since the last major update (clicking the arrow button on the right will expand it to all posts by that user).
Also Nintendo can post Miiverse wide, appearing in your Activity Feed even though you aren't friends with them.
You can also follow others too.

Anyways since September 2013, you've been able to post directly to your Activity Feed as an Activity Feed post that only shows in your Activity Feed and not on a Miiverse topic board.
Only those on your friends list see the post, in their Activity Feed and can post a response and/or Yeah+ your post.
Essentially having a open conservation with everyone on your friends list (kinda like forum thread, though cannot quote anyone)

(not me)
This what the Activity Feed post looks like, when done as an Activity Feed post (Topic Post).
Instead of saying community/board name underneath username, it says Activity Feed.

On Wii U and 3DS, you had to click the post button in Activity Feed to create an Activity Feed post.
On Browser Version, you just had to click the Activity Feed button and the post box would be on the top of the page (like Facebook and Forum updates)
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/ (it works on mobile devices too).

It was good for chatting with folks on your friends list and for non gaming conversations.

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 11:32 am

Interesting, I wonder if they will change it at all for the Nintendo 3DS or only the Wii U.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 12:52 pm

Butterfly88 wrote:
Interesting, I wonder if they will change it at all for the Nintendo 3DS or only the Wii U.

Miiverse is hosted on servers, so every device will see the change on July 29th including the browser version.