TV Land pulls Dukes of Hazzard reruns over Confederate Flag!

Page 6 of 6 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2015, 7:09 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Not sure if this has already been posted.
The man that purchased the original General Lee plans to repaint it.Just dumb,political correctness gone overboard.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ear ... zzard-car/

There are thousands of other rich people in Windermere and odds are one is likely to want it if he put it up for sale.
Instead he paints over it after all his time owning it without thinking it's offensive until one day that train of thought somehow changed course.
They were partially right about some things needing to remain in museums and stuff like this endangered by politically correct owners is why.
What is he going to name it now the General Sherman? :roll:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2015, 8:14 pm

blauSamstag wrote:
I hate oldschool white southerners. So very much. I only had to meet a few of 'em. When the revolution comes, they'll be the first up against the wall, and all that.

I remember, this one time, I sort of walked past some old dude who had a cane, and he launched into this whole rant about how i disrespected him.

Traditional white southerners appear to stress a culture of honor. And honor is the refuge of people without virtue.

But what i feel and what you feel don't change what the confederacy meant, or what that flag was designed to represent, or the fact that y'all didn't start flying it again until brown v. board of education.

And you know exactly why the state of mississippi added it to their state flag in 1958.
I think that these people are commonly referred to as "Crackers".
Wikipedia wrote:
"Cracker", sometimes "white cracker" or "cracka", is a derogatory term for white people, especially poor rural whites in the Southern United States. In reference to a native of Florida or Georgia, however, it is sometimes used in a neutral or positive context or self-descriptively with pride.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 11:18 am

AntDog wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
The man that purchased the original General Lee plans to repaint it.Just dumb,political correctness gone overboard.

There are thousands of other rich people in Windermere and odds are one is likely to want it if he put it up for sale.
Instead he paints over it after all his time owning it without thinking it's offensive until one day that train of thought somehow changed course.
They were partially right about some things needing to remain in museums and stuff like this endangered by politically correct owners is why.

I'll believe it when he actually does paint over it. Right now I am cynically thinking his announcement that he "plans to paint over it" rather than just doing so is a way to drive the price up so that somebody else will rush in and pay top dollar to save it from being painted.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 6:49 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Hey chick! Where you been? I ain't seen you in forever it seems.

Even if they do repaint it, you know very well that there are more than a few others that are painted just like it so that the guy can have a car like the General Lee. I haven't seen one in this town but I saw one driving around in Bham. Here, the one care I've seen in town with an unusual paint job is the Cheetos car. It's orange too, and an older one as well, but it's got the word Cheetos on it and the cheetah. I don't know if the guy was paid to do that or not. I really hope he was.

Life dished out some BS so I just needed time to get over it all.I just didn't have the energy or interest to post anything.Thank you for asking.

There was a oddly painted car found abandoned on a back road here,a big old pink Cadillac with the Cherry Seven-Up logo on the hood and hundred dollar bills scattered around it.Just weird,it sat at the impound yard forever.I don't think they ever found the owner.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 6:53 pm

AntDog wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

The General Sherman???LOL ! !!They will need to stick a big cigar in the grill,drive it around starting structure fires.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 7:40 pm

Misslizard wrote:
AntDog wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

The General Sherman???LOL ! !!They will need to stick a big cigar in the grill,drive it around starting structure fires.

Drive it through Atlanta for optimal offensiveness lol. Call it the "Peachtree edition" LOL! Of course nowdays Atlanta isn't Southern anymore really. It's all either Yankees or Southerners who are too good to be Southern anymore and try to sound and act like Yankees. That started back in the 80's. Thank goodness Birmingham didn't have that happen yet. You can be modern and progressive and up to date and still be Southern, but Atlanta seems to have bought in to the whole "Southerners are only ignorant racist backwoods trash" idea that the rest of the country seems to have, so who knows.

Another thing that people who aren't from here don't seem to understand is that only the Florida panhandle is Southern, the rest of Florida isn't considered to be Southern at all. Also, Northern Virgina isn't. Some of the people who live in Arlington like to say that it's the South, but I've lived up there and it's not the South at all. Not one bit. The only thing Southern about it is that it used to be in the Confederacy and it's below the Mason Dixon line. The rest of it is pure-d Yankee. It's funny how they get offended if you call them Yankees too. If they dislike that word so much they should stop acting like them.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com