Do you get in trouble on other forums?

Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2015, 2:34 am

I have gotten in trouble on the forum empty closets even though I didn't actually break any of their rules. All that crap started just because I mentioned that I used to vandalize Wikipedia.
They did have some ambiguous rules, but I think that's just an excuse for the admins to bully members they dislike.

I admit I was kind of annoying. I posted too much, but there wasn't any rule against that. My original account still exists. I asked them to delete it, but they didn't.

I left that site for a while, but I returned under a different name. Once an admin got mad at me I deleted that account. I created a new account. So far I haven't dealt with any angry admins. They probably still hate me.

Cockroach96
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2015, 2:38 am

When I was 14 I had an account at Ubuntu Forums(at the time I was using Ubuntu on my PC, now I use Windows 7). The staff were oversensitive. I received several infractions and got banned simply for being annoying.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2015, 3:23 am

I got banned from a site that I am now a regular member of many times in the early 2000's because I didn't see eye to eye with the owner. Somehow he let me come back after several months every single time. The last time I joined almost 8 years ago he was still the owner but sold the site the next year and I've been there ever since.

I have had to ban two moderators from me on two separate websites. One sent me a nasty PM after an argument and the other just didn't like me, probably because I didn't like him and made it clear that I didn't whenever I got the chance.

On another website that I'm currently a member of I was banned for 3 days just 3 months after I had joined for something that the staff lied to me about and I told them what I thought about it. I had it out with the owner of the site just a couple days ago for an outrageous new policy they've implemented.

MagicToenail
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jul 2015, 4:37 am

I am persona non grata on The Barbie Collector forums.
One for constantly pointing out their poor record on racial diversity of dolls.
Also because I wanted to boycott both the Karl Laegerfeld and The Blondes Designer Barbies because of the designers' big support of fur-even though none of the dolls had any real fur clothing.

boredome
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2015, 6:49 am

I used to be way more trollish in my online interactions. I've been banned from countless forums in my time. Now, I'm pretty much bored of that, and content myself to not go against the status quo and post peacefully.

Quote:
All that crap started just because I mentioned that I used to vandalize Wikipedia.

lol vandalizing wikipedia is fun

b9
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2015, 7:00 am

i have been banned on 2 old forums i used to visit (the only ones i ever posted in in my life other than this one).

in one instance, there was a thread about the impending death of a poster who had a terminal illness, and i remarked that in 150 years, everyone alive today will be dead anyway, so i guessed it was not the end of the universe, and i was banned forthwith. i was only trying to make her feel better.

on the other forum, i was asked to leave because my posts were generally unhelpful and often irrelevant to the topics.

Violetvee
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jul 2015, 8:47 am

I've gotten in trouble to the point where I had a post removed over at Gaia Online, but not to the point where I've been banned from anywhere. I've just learned to stick to certain boards and watch what I say on others regardless of the thread. Admittedly, in that instance I let my temper get the better of me.

Gaara
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Jul 2015, 11:20 am

I've only ever been banned from one forum. Twice.

I pretty much stay out of trouble to the point I wonder how people get in trouble to be banned.

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2015, 12:33 pm

Gaara wrote:
I've only ever been banned from one forum. Twice.

I pretty much stay out of trouble to the point I wonder how people get in trouble to be banned.

That mostly happens when forums have ambiguous rules. I didn't really break any rules. I was just being annoying to the admins and debating too much. The admins didn't like that so they twisted the rules around.
I was put on probation. They basically thought all of my posts were inappropriate. Just because I gave advice they didn't agree with.

They thought my advice was unhelpful and hurtful. That's complete BS. I get a lot of unhelpful and hurtful advice, but no one gives a damn. I was just telling people that their sexual confusion might be cause by OCD. There's enough people patting them on the back and telling them not to worry about labels.

DestinedToBeAPotato
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

Location: floating on the molecular clouds of interstellar space

02 Jul 2015, 12:37 pm

I have been banned multiple times from Kpop forums such as onehallyu for trolling and having multiple accounts. I enjoyed wreaking havoc and the rules are so strict, you won't realise you've broken rule until your suddenly handed out a warning point. Ugh.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2015, 12:43 pm

Did you all get banned from forums or websites? There is a difference, y'know...

"WrongPlanet" is a website.

"Board index" is a page on the WrongPlanet website.

"General Discussion" is a forum on the Board Index page of the WrongPlanet website

"General Autism Discussion" is a subforum in the General Discussion forum on the Board Index page of the WrongPlanet website.

"Do You Get In Trouble On Other Forums?" is a thread in the General Autism Discussion subforum in the General Discussion forum on the Board Index page of the WrongPlanet website.

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2015, 12:54 pm

Fnord wrote:
Did you all get banned from forums or websites? There is a difference, y'know...

"General Discussion" is a forum on the Board Index page of the WrongPlanet website

"General Autism Discussion" is a subforum in the General Discussion forum on the Board Index page of the WrongPlanet website.

"Do You Get In Trouble On Other Forums?" is a thread in the General Autism Discussion subforum in the General Discussion forum on the Board Index page of the WrongPlanet website.

You don't have to be so literal. I think most people know what I mean.

iliketrees
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2015, 12:56 pm

I try to stay out of trouble and follow the rules though I have accidentally started flamewars in the past. Also been accused of trolling for possibily similar reasons when I'm not. I really don't intend on doing anything wrong. It's more a problem in chatrooms. :?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2015, 12:59 pm

DevilKisses wrote:
Fnord wrote:

You don't have to be so literal. I think most people know what I mean.
Actually, I do have to be so literal, so that I can understand exactly what you mean.

I've been in trouble on other websites, and even been banned from a couple. But I have never been banned from a forum. How does that happen?

Comets
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Jul 2015, 2:24 am

Nope. I can recognize what's going to piss off moderation, and if I don't want to get banned or infracted I don't do it--fair or not.

On some forums I've been on there's definite cliques, including moderators, that tend to mob other members. Everyone not doing it knows its there. We also know we're not going to change it by complaining because people don't want to change.

kamiyu910
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2015, 5:11 pm

I don't really hang out on other websites, and those I do I avoid the forums. This is the only forum I hang out in.
However, I have been banned from many different facebook groups/pages! Mostly just for posting dissenting opinions/information (such as on anti-vax pages, or for defending baby formula), though on a couple pages I purposefully became aggressive because I knew they were going to ban me and I wanted to be banned for a reason.