Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

cinnabot
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Jul 2015, 10:52 pm

...from the swirling nether! :)

Hmm, let's see, what are the salient bits...

While having minimal social ability, I've made my way through life thus far by being competent with computers. I've mostly been able to distract myself from loneliness with my work, and learning stuff in general.

However!

Since making a fairly radical alteration to my endocrine system recently, I've become less interested in how stuff works, and much more interested in people, and their emotions, and my emotions, and how everyone feels about everyone else, etc. And because of this, I really tried to make friends, but failed horribly.

Extensive subsequent failure analysis(and not so subtle hints from co-workers and my therapist) eventually led me to the conclusion of high-functioning autism. I've been formally diagnosed with Asperger's, but it doesn't quite fit.

I can't really do spoken conversation unless it's technical, and I can't think while I'm talking or listening, so I have to just hope I can remember what was said later so I can think about it. I also fit the ADHD profile pretty well, and I'm both hyperactive(never grew out of it) and highly impulsive. Talking stresses me out fast, no matter what.

I'm not sure why NT people insist on encrypting their spoken communication in ambiguities and illogical associations, or why they get upset because I'm not looking at them when they're talking. I really, really can't look at someone and listen at the same time.

Also, I learned it's a faux pas to simply ask people if they want to cuddle, but I still do it anyways, because cuddles are the best things in the universe, and eventually someone's bound to say yes. I have no idea why they wouldn't want to cuddle, or why people do or don't want to do most things, so all I can do is ask everyone :D

so anyways, *hugs!*

tinyteddy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jul 2015, 11:09 pm

that was a brilliant introduction and i love your unicorn shirt. hello cinnabot! i am tinyteddy and i am also new here! and i love to cuddle too lol.

cinnabot
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Jul 2015, 11:40 pm

tinyteddy wrote:
that was a brilliant introduction and i love your unicorn shirt. hello cinnabot! i am tinyteddy and i am also new here! and i love to cuddle too lol.

Thanks tinyteddy! I'm guessing you like teddy bears too? :)

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2015, 12:08 am

hi, cinnabot. welcome. nice intro. one thing worries me, though. asking people to cuddle may be taken as a sexual come on whether you mean it that way or not.

tinyteddy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jul 2015, 12:10 am

cinnabot wrote:
tinyteddy wrote:

actually teddy is the name of my cat who i love dearly :) but i like teddy bears too.

cinnabot
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Jul 2015, 12:17 am

cathylynn wrote:
hi, cinnabot. welcome. nice intro. one thing worries me, though. asking people to cuddle may be taken as a sexual come on whether you mean it that way or not.

I make sure we're at least acquaintances first, and never in a situation where I'm likely to get in trouble for it(workplace, etc).

Other than that, I could care less if they take offense. If they make up meanings other than the literal meaning of what I say, and get offended over them, that's their fault.

Your neurotypical score: 50 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse

cinnabot
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Jul 2015, 12:23 am

tinyteddy wrote:
cinnabot wrote:
tinyteddy wrote:

actually teddy is the name of my cat who i love dearly :) but i like teddy bears too.

My bedroom is generally quite full of stuffed animals, and not much else, as my computer stuffs are in the office. I have a big bunny named Melody that's my favorite, and I tend to rotate through the smaller ones, taking them to work with me :)

I like to design and sew outfits for them :)

Your neurotypical score: 50 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse

tinyteddy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jul 2015, 12:30 am

cinnabot wrote:
tinyteddy wrote:
cinnabot wrote:
tinyteddy wrote:

My bedroom is generally quite full of stuffed animals, and not much else, as my computer stuffs are in the office. I have a big bunny named Melody that's my favorite, and I tend to rotate through the smaller ones, taking them to work with me :)

I like to design and sew outfits for them :)

oh man that's really neat. i love stuffed animals too. i have a giant caterpillar that is good for cuddling :D and i do like the bunnies. i have a stuffed rabbit that i am attached to lol.

cinnabot
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Jul 2015, 12:48 am

Giant caterpillar does sound cuddly :)

Here's Melody at work lol

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2015, 1:00 am

Hey cinnabot welcome. :sunny:

Grue
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jul 2015, 6:14 am

cinnabot wrote:

Hey gorgeous! :wink: :heart:

tinyteddy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jul 2015, 8:00 am

cinnabot wrote:
Giant caterpillar does sound cuddly :)

Here's Melody at work lol

that's amazing!! ! i love that stuffed bunny!!

cinnabot
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Jul 2015, 10:22 am

I think I've found my new favorite Internet place :D

I've kind of hesitated to jump into yet another forum environment, because it never goes well for me, but this place seems quite promising. Lots of friendly and interesting creatures lurking about...

@grue: Why hello, there :)

@tinyteddy: Yes, Melody has gotten me through some hard times. She's got the little polka dots on the bottom of her feet as well :) I used a really big gym bag to sneak her into work with me lol.

Grue
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jul 2015, 11:16 am

OMG, she said hi back. What do I do?

cinnabot
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Jul 2015, 11:29 am

Grue wrote:
OMG, she said hi back. What do I do?

Hmm, well as you're a Grue, I suspect you'll try to lure me into the darkness?

Or wait until I stubbornly proceed far into the darkness of my own volition?

I'm really not sure. I do love the darkness(I love to hide), so it is likely I'll end up there at some point :)

cinnabot
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Jul 2015, 1:03 pm

Also, I'm a furry, so it might behoove you to bark, meow, whinny, yiffle, whuffle, foozle, etc.