Pastor Lance Davis - Morning View Christian Church

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 10:02 pm

*** WARNING! TRIGGER ALERT! ***

We've had a close brush with Pastor Davis, recently; and I thought that WP members should learn more about his hate-filled "Christian" perspective on people with Autism and Down's Syndrome ...

Lance Davis wrote:
Autism, down syndrome and mental illness – signs of Satanic demons

Posted by Pastor Davis on July 6, 2015

The past week I have received countless hateful emails. Most are from the parents of so-called "ret*ds". Retardation is a sin and nothing more. Studies have clearly shown more and more children are being born with "autism" and this myth known as "down syndrome" now days. This is due to the fact more and more people are rejecting Jesus Christ.
Gee, Pastor! I wonder why you attract so much hate?
Lance Davis wrote:
I was born in 1936. I am the oldest of eight children. I am the uncle of 19. I’m the father of six and the grandfather of 13. Not one single child had a "learning disability," was born with autism or Down Syndrome. That’s because we were raised to obey the Bible and God. Studies show less and less people are attending church regularly or consider themselves Christians. No wonder God is cursing us with ret*ds. parents of these children would accept Jesus and not the advice of some atheistic doctor, these demons could be cast out. Instead, we have parents raising ret*ds that do nothing useful in society. Down syndrome is not a "disease" or birth defect. It's clearly a sign of demon possession.

Source: Morning View Christian Church Website.

This man is clearly ignorant about Trisomy 21 (and other disorders), and the devastating effect it can have on an unborn child. He hates gays, Catholics, Episcopalians, Jews, Muslims, "ret*ds", and women, as well. This is what he has to say about Rachel Ray.
Quote:
Ray is one ungodly slut. I can’t name one good thing about this Satanic whore. Christian women should not watch or buy anything this harlot sells. Ray is not a role model for young women. She is another tool being used to brainwash our women of today. Her sins are equal to that of the ancient city of Sodom.

His youth pastor, Mike Miller, is also a real piece of work ...
Quote:
Pastor Mike Miller is our Youth Minister and youngest member of our staff. Born in 1977 in Dayton, Ohio to a Southern Baptist family, Miller learned to take a stance against God-haters at an early age. He earned his Bachelor’s of Science in Biblical studies in 2002 from Liberty Univeristy.

"I believe I threw my first rock at an atheist at age five" recalls Pastor Miller. He joined our staff in 2011 and has been a major factor in our growth. He founded our Youth Against Sodomites (YAS) and Girls Against Bull-Dykes (GABD).

The website is either the best-constructed satirical mockery of the Christian faith, or it is a sincerely-written, hate-filled tract against just about everybody who does not attend the Morning View Christian Church.

No wonder Christendom is dwindling in size; people needing guidance meet "pastors" like these, and then leave the church at a dead run ...

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 11:03 pm

Triggers?
No I didnt see any of these in there.

It was more comedy than whatever "triggers" are supposed to represent. These kind of fruit loops are going to pop up from time to time and manage to garner some kind of a followership. Pastor Davis is an old fart and probably doesn't have very many years left. He'll croak or be stashed away in an old folks home and his flock will go follow some other kook that thinks Elvis is the messiah or whatever. Remember this church is in Indiana, the Alabama of the Great Lakes region, so go figure. :roll:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 11:50 pm

Rachel Ray??lol What did she do that was so sinful,bake a Devils Food cake??

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2015, 12:43 am

/\ You'll laugh but I did know a very religious person (Baptist I think) that said with a straight face that he would never eat devil's food cake because of the name and what eating it would imply. :roll:
My reply was that it was just as well that he wouldn't eat it since it would leave an extra slice for me. :D

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2015, 1:19 am

Well... the "our church" section of this 15 minute wordpress copypasta blitzkrieg prominently features a photo of Saint Patrick's church, somewhere in Ireland. I don't think Vauxhall sells cars in Indiana, much less the other 49 states or Canada, nor do I think the church in the picture could hold much more than half the people this troll claims to be followed by (2500).

As much as this would be contextually validating for a lot of us (particularly the monotheists) I'm pretty sure this troll is just cashing in on on the revulsion generated by Fred Phelps to earn some advertising bucks. I think this is a troll being fed by Fnord & Raptor to be frank. To think people chide me for running AdBlock everywhere...

I hope Pastor Lance joins our little thread. I've seen Wikipedia edit wars firsthand, and this is some impressive dedication!

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2015, 1:42 am

Let's see what he says if one of his kids or grand kids is born with autism or Down's Syndrome.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2015, 1:50 am

I really hope nobody's kids, whomever they are, are being fed by the clickbait revenues of a delusional, fire & brimstone token bible-thumping WordPress sockpuppet. Actual fake churches have the PR wherewithal to buy a domain, even if publicly relate to absolutely nobody that way.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2015, 2:15 am

cberg wrote:
I think this is a troll being fed by Fnord & Raptor to be frank. To think people chide me for running AdBlock everywhere...
And by your replying to this thread not once but twice so far you're feeding the "troll" as well.

Quote:
I hope Pastor Lance joins our little thread.

Don't hold your breath.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

07 Jul 2015, 6:29 am

Misslizard wrote:
Rachel Ray??lol What did she do that was so sinful,bake a Devils Food cake??

Dear Misslizard, you always brighten up the threads. :D

Hasn't this "pastor" got anything good to say about anyone? :roll:

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2015, 6:51 am

I visited the website and it doesn't look like either a troll or an actual church but rather a parody, presumably of Westboro Baptist.

As cberg noted, their supposed church is a known church in Ireland.

Then there's the matter of their supposed location of Memphis,Indiana. One trip to google maps shows this is all fiction. Tiny little Memphis, Indiana (pop. 695) has only one church, Memphis Christian Church. It has the same initials and is also non-denominational but a visit to its website shows the similarity ends there. The website is prayers for healing and welcomes to all. In a brief tour of the little website I didn't come across the word sin. It was all prayers for recovery, healing and connection. I hope nobody sees the parody (and it is a parody) and confuses it with these innocuous people.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2015, 7:44 am

cberg wrote:
Well... the "our church" section of this 15 minute wordpress copypasta blitzkrieg prominently features a photo of Saint Patrick's church, somewhere in Ireland. I don't think Vauxhall sells cars in Indiana, much less the other 49 states or Canada, nor do I think the church in the picture could hold much more than half the people this troll claims to be followed by (2500).

To be exact....

http://www.lookaroundireland.com/county-travel-guides/armagh/st-patricks-church-of-ireland-cathedral/

I must be bored to do all this googling. :P

Anyway....one of the supposed pastors,"Patrick,Murphy" of this fictional Morning View Christian Church was supposedly born in Derry,Ireland. He is supposedly Protestant and lost his sister in an IRA bombing. The backstory creation doesn't explain how this propelled him to the Memphis,Indiana (pop. 695) but apparently he is known as the "Pub Preacher" for his frequent preaching in bars. He also "protests Catholics" when not preaching in bars.

Fun fact: most of the category links in the sidebar take you to a picture of Rachel Ray looking sexy.

This parody site has put a lot of thought into backstories but they do unravel with the most casual googling. I wonder who did it?

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2015, 8:35 am

I can't stop. This is so fun. :P :oops: :P

Some of the images on the website still have the original addresses attached to them (which is how I found St. Patrick's, didn't even have to use google's image match).

The image for "Pastor Patrick Murphy" who supposedly made the trek from Derry, Ireland to Memphis,Indiana is actually from a Swedish atheist website making fun of bible verses.

google translated version of Swedish atheist website

I couldn't quite figure out who "Pastor Mike Miller" actually is. The website creator didn't keep the address but instead used an image that is so memefied that page after page of google images are the many memes generated using him. Prsumably a meme generator is where the website creator got his image too. I like this one which is from a Catholic meme website

"Senior Pastor Lance Davis" is actually Pastor David Smith, formerly of Grace Baptist Church in Lexington,Kentucky.

I found their website through image search and the website creator seems to also have used their website for part of the backstory. Although the actual pastor was born in West Virginia and then moved to South and North Carolina before landing in Kentucky, the fictional pastor was born in Kentucky.

ok I'll stop now

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2015, 10:45 am

Raptor wrote:
Triggers?

wrong kind of trigger http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/ptsd-triggers

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2015, 12:11 pm

Fugu wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Triggers?

wrong kind of trigger http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/ptsd-triggers

Yes little fish I know that.
I was being flippant since I didn't find the article to be particularly alarming for the reasons stated.