"Lego Movie" Directors Sign On For Han Solo Movie

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2015, 6:23 pm

For fans of Star Wars, are you excited over this?

http://www.fandango.com/movie-news/lego ... ext-749485

Alien_Papa
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2015, 12:39 am

Yes and No.

More Star Wars movies are good because there's an interesting universe to be explored.

But despite the potentially dark subject matter, George Lucas always tried to anchor the themes to a pre-teen sentimentality that undermined the credibility of the characters and overall story.

So can the Lego movie directors deliver a realistic adult Han Solo story?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 1:05 am

As long as they don't use legos.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 1:37 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
As long as they don't use legos.

I think I might actually prefer that. :)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 5:58 pm

This is just another cash grab by Disney, which should have left LucasFilm alone and at Fox.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 7:22 pm

I would prefer that Disney sign Guillermo Del Torro for the gangster Jabba the Hutt movie he want to do. I already read the Han Solo origin trilogy, and I doubt the result would be as good. (Must likelly it will be another more consensual familly friendly story.)

AhsokaLives
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jul 2015, 2:59 pm

i think that the mystery behind han solo is a lot of the allure! so i am worried about them ruining that. however, lots of good people are behind this one (empire strikes back, anyone?), so that is a good sign. and the lego movie was a lot better than i expected, had some very strong themes despite all of the silliness, so could be awesome. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

honestly, clone wars was the best star wars we've had in a while, and it was "aimed" at a younger demo than preteen (8-10 i think). which is weird, bc most episodes seem too adult for that... but kids can handle more than we think, and often are handling crazy stuff every day.

"I often wonder if I should have been born at another time. My senses are unusually, some might say unnaturally keen, and ours is an era of distraction. It's a punishing drumbeat of constant input. It follows us into our homes and into our beds. It seeps into our... Into our souls, for want of a better word. [...] In my less productive moments, I'm given to wonder.... If I had just been born when it was a little quieter out there, [...] Might I have been more focused? A more fully realized person?"
-Sherlock, in Elementary ("The Marchioness")