How to escape psychoanalysis in France?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

c700
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Jul 2015, 3:36 am

So I live in France, and have been diagnosed with autism in various clinics which use the international approach and diagnostic manuals. However, there's a problem: I was assigned to a psychoanalytic state psychiatrist and psychologist outside of the clinic. And according to them, I don't have autism. Wait for it...: I have "hysteria" which started in the childhood. And for them, ICD and DSM are "outside American influences" (that's what my psychiatrist said), "made under big pharma supervision".

And guess what the treatment is? To allocate me to the state housing and make me work at a primary/secondary sector job (despite the fact that I tested very high on many IQ subtests related to things like abstract reasoning, and have a very big programming and computer experience), without any assistance. The state housing assumes you're autonomous, and I'm not. I can't even fold and put away my clothes. My rigid routines make it impossible to support myself at even the most mundane level.

What am I supposed to do? I'm 19, but I can't even call a private psychiatrist and ask for them to be my psychiatrist, as I have severe anxiety related to that. And my parents refuse to change psychiatrists.

Should I just refuse to see the state-allocated psychiatrist and psychologist, until my parents would be forced to call a private one? I'm also treated for depression (related to the ASD), and my parents would probably not want me to interrupt my treatment, and would agree to call a private psychiatrist. The private psychiatrists are free for me by the way, due to my disability level.

iridescence
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Jul 2015, 7:01 am

Try to contact an association (write their a mail) that can help you find a psychiatrist who is familiar with autism and who is not a psychoanalyst .

Aspiewordsmith
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2015, 7:59 am

A person is born with autism/Asperger syndrome. Autism is not hysteria or a sign of a so called refrigerator mother that was discredited in the 1960s and I find it surprising that psychoanalytical techniques are still used in France to deal with autism. That packing they do over there can cause autistic children to get pneumonia and it is a sensory torture and I see this sort of thing as a human rights issue so I can understand why autistic French people end up getting anxiety, PTSD depression et.c.:idea: