Page 9 of 11 [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 5:19 pm

Janissy wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:

Jade Helm conspiracy rant update.

It's been 6 days and martial law is not in effect. But the guy in this epic rant video has (as of 3 days ago) posted another rant.

His original rant that you posted 6 days ago did invoke Poe's Law for me because it really was unclear if he was a paranoid crank or a brilliant satirist.

I thought of him again recently and went back to his youtube channel. He had since uploaded a new video, bringing his playlist up to two.

He is a brilliant satirist.

The newer video makes it abundantly clear (unlike the first one, which was still in POE territory) that he is mocking conspiracy theorists.

Some delicious highlights:

:wink: He notes that his hometown of San Angelo, Texas has recently built a 3rd Walmart. He connects the dots of these 3 Walmarts on a map and discovers that doing so shows.....a triangle, an Illuminati symbol.

:wink: He deconstructs the term 'Jade Helm' to show that it means we will be under Chinese control. Jade comes from China. A helm is what you use to control a ship. So Jade Helm=China Control.

:wink: Just as the government took Christ out of Christmas, some of these exercises are happening in Christoval,Texas so as to take the Christ out of Christoval, leaving it to just be an oval.

Snopes.com is pretty sure this is satire too.

http://m.snopes.com/2015/07/16/jade-helm-proof/

Snopes wrote:
The video’s subject identified himself as “Kris Martin,” and his “Proof of Exercise” (POE) filmed commentary is almost indistinguishable from sincere ramblings about the dangers of Jade Helm uttered by folks truly terrified of its supposedly sinister agenda. However, a portion of the clip during which Martin speculates that trailers may hide “ninjas [who can] take our guns” is one giveaway that the footage is intended to be satirical. Another can be found on the YouTube channel’s About page:

his About youtube page wrote:
This channel is a veteran’s guide to renewing common nonsense and wisdumb in a country that has lost it’s way. Are you like me? Are you worried that you aren’t getting THE REAL history in public schools? Maybe you are worried about the erosion of morals and ethics in America? Or perhaps you are seeing that the government is coming for your guns, your Bible, and your super-sized fast food menu items. Subscribe to this channel and continue to come back as I will be uploading more and more videos to help narrow your mind so you can focus on what is really not going on in our country. WAKE UP AMERICA!

"I will be uploading more and more videos to help narrow your mind"

I think I love this guy :heart:

Proof of Exercise.....POE. I definately love this guy. :heart:

I can't figure out if you believe anything he has to say or are making fun of him?

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 5:26 pm

They are neither making fun nor do they believe anything being presented by him.
They do find it entertaining though as-if though the man were a satirist.

nurseangela wrote:
I can't figure out if you believe anything he has to say or are making fun of him?

This might be an easier-to-understand example of a parody/satire...

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 5:32 pm

nurseangela wrote:

Neither. He is the one making fun of conspiracy theorists. I'm laughing with him, not at him. After viewing his second video I realized that he wasn't a conspiracy theorist, he was just pretending to be one as a satire (a very well done satire). I don't believe anything he says but then neither does he.

To put it straightforward..... he isn't being serious. He's joking.

Last edited by Janissy on 20 Jul 2015, 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 5:32 pm

Janissy wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:

Jade Helm conspiracy rant update.

It's been 6 days and martial law is not in effect. But the guy in this epic rant video has (as of 3 days ago) posted another rant.

His original rant that you posted 6 days ago did invoke Poe's Law for me because it really was unclear if he was a paranoid crank or a brilliant satirist.

I thought of him again recently and went back to his youtube channel. He had since uploaded a new video, bringing his playlist up to two.

He is a brilliant satirist.

The newer video makes it abundantly clear (unlike the first one, which was still in POE territory) that he is mocking conspiracy theorists.

Some delicious highlights:

:wink: He notes that his hometown of San Angelo, Texas has recently built a 3rd Walmart. He connects the dots of these 3 Walmarts on a map and discovers that doing so shows.....a triangle, an Illuminati symbol.

:wink: He deconstructs the term 'Jade Helm' to show that it means we will be under Chinese control. Jade comes from China. A helm is what you use to control a ship. So Jade Helm=China Control.

:wink: Just as the government took Christ out of Christmas, some of these exercises are happening in Christoval,Texas so as to take the Christ out of Christoval, leaving it to just be an oval.

Snopes.com is pretty sure this is satire too.

http://m.snopes.com/2015/07/16/jade-helm-proof/

Snopes wrote:
The video’s subject identified himself as “Kris Martin,” and his “Proof of Exercise” (POE) filmed commentary is almost indistinguishable from sincere ramblings about the dangers of Jade Helm uttered by folks truly terrified of its supposedly sinister agenda. However, a portion of the clip during which Martin speculates that trailers may hide “ninjas [who can] take our guns” is one giveaway that the footage is intended to be satirical. Another can be found on the YouTube channel’s About page:

his About youtube page wrote:
This channel is a veteran’s guide to renewing common nonsense and wisdumb in a country that has lost it’s way. Are you like me? Are you worried that you aren’t getting THE REAL history in public schools? Maybe you are worried about the erosion of morals and ethics in America? Or perhaps you are seeing that the government is coming for your guns, your Bible, and your super-sized fast food menu items. Subscribe to this channel and continue to come back as I will be uploading more and more videos to help narrow your mind so you can focus on what is really not going on in our country. WAKE UP AMERICA!

"I will be uploading more and more videos to help narrow your mind"

I think I love this guy :heart:

Proof of Exercise.....POE. I definately love this guy. :heart:

This is the problem - crazy people are being targeted from youtube to give the explanation of what Jade Helm is. That's why I gave the info of Steve Quayle being on Coast to Coast am. The guy above knows some info, but is twisting it way out of proportion. I don't even go along with the Walmart thing - that's extreme. However, I do really believe China is involved in this along with Russia. China controls all of our debt and what do we have left that China would want? Land. (China has also been on US soil down in Hawaii doing military exercises.) I don't believe it is too far fetched for China to take us over not only to make up for our debt, but also for the NWO. The US owes way more than they will ever be able to pay. An economist last year said that all that needs to happen is for interest rates to be increased and that would start hyperinflation and crash the stock market making the US dollar worthless. How else is the US going to pay back our debts? They want to raise interest rates toward the end of this year. I think they are just waiting for the perfect time.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 5:36 pm

Janissy wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

Neither. He is the one making fun of conspiracy theorists. I'm laughing with him, not at him. After viewing his second video I realized that he wasn't a conspiracy theorist, he was just pretending to be one as a satire (a very well done satire). I don't believe anything he says but then neither does he.

To put it straightforward..... he isn't being serious. He's joking.

He is not making fun of it. He actually believes what he is saying. He has some good info that follows what I have heard too, but he is more extreme with some of his ideas of what he thinks is happening.

Darn, I flunked.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 5:37 pm

nurseangela wrote:
This is the problem - crazy people are being targeted from youtube to give the explanation of what Jade Helm is. That's why I gave the info of Steve Quayle being on Coast to Coast am. The guy above knows some info, but is twisting it way out of proportion.

He's twisting it on purpose as a satire. He isn't crazy. But he put on such a believable front in the first video that I wasn't sure if he was being serious or joking. Once I saw the second video I realized he was for sure joking.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 5:42 pm

nurseangela wrote:
He is not making fun of it. He actually believes what he is saying. He has some good info that follows what I have heard too, but he is more extreme with some of his ideas of what he thinks is happening.

If you read the About page on his youtube channel, he drops some pretty serious clues that this is satire.
his About page wrote:

Here are the big clues:
Quote:
the government is coming for your guns, your Bible, and your super-sized fast food menu items.

Had he left it at "guns and Bible" it would be unclear. When he stuck "your super sized fast food menus" in that was a signal he was joking.
Quote:
I will be uploading more and more videos to help narrow your mind

Who says that and is serious? He is signaling that he thinks the conspiracy theorists are narrow minded.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 5:47 pm

nurseangela wrote:
For those interested in Jade Helm and have an open mind, Steve Quayle will be on Coast to Coast am Tuesday night talking about what he sees coming from this "experiment". He also has a website SteveQuayle.com.

Several Wrong Planetians listen to Coast to Coast AM Radio.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 5:48 pm

Ban-Dodger wrote:
They are neither making fun nor do they believe anything being presented by him.
They do find it entertaining though as-if though the man were a satirist.
nurseangela wrote:

This might be an easier-to-understand example of a parody/satire...

That was a cute video.

This guy was so subtle and had all the tropes that Poe's Law was in full effect for me. I honestly wasn't sure (earlier in the thread) until he made it more obvious by going so far over the top and then putting clues in his About page in case people still didn't get it.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 5:56 pm

I googled a bit to see if I could find out something about the real guy behind the videos and found this:

http://happyplace.someecards.com/videos/this-guys-jade-helm-satire-video-for-his-friends-went-viral-among-the-gullible-and-people-who-got-it-alike/

Quote:
Kris Martin, a nursing student and former Army medic residing in San Angelo, TX, accidentally trolled the living crap out of them (while delighting everyone else) with his intentionally stupid but wildly popular video "proving" ninja soldiers are coming for us.
"At first I thought it was just gonna be a funny thing to amuse five of my friends on my Facebook page," Martin told Texas Monthly, “We'd just have a little giggle, but it's been amazing to me that it's blown up into what it is. I'm having fun with it."
Indeed he is. The comments on the first video fell into three categories: people who earnestly believed him, people who called him an idiot because they didn't believe in Jade Helm thought he did (this was the largest group, btw), and people who got it. Check up his follow-up video, where he really gets creative with the folks who believe him (and those who just like his humor):

When I checked out his follow up video is when I finally got that he was joking. Kudos to him.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 6:34 pm

This is a better explanation. Please watch and I'd appreciate any input. Thank you.

Darn, I flunked.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 6:58 pm

nurseangela wrote:
This is a better explanation. Please watch and I'd appreciate any input. Thank you.

It looks like he buys into conspiracy theories because they are much easier to understand than the brain-hurting complexity of global economics (which I don't understand either). On the one hand, he keeps saying "scary" while spinning a scary narrative. On the other hand, when you spin your own narrative (or adapt other peoples') it is actually less scary because you get to be in charge of the narrative.

The world isn't static. Trying to get a handle on the immense social,economic and political forces affecting the world is difficult. There is comfort in a narrative,however scary.

But it isn't plausible.

I wonder of Glenn Beck is the inspiration for Kris Martin's satirical chalkboard antics?

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 7:02 pm

Said explanation doesn't really seem very well-organsed. The map is also... well... that map.

nurseangela wrote:

Something like this might be a better description.

Also, I have PERSONALLY experienced & witnessed the corruption that is the Court-Systems, and have even asked the Jailers themselves, and even Jailers agree that the Courts are Corrupt !

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 7:19 pm

This is regarding the collapse of the economy. Expected to be worse than The Great Depression. Read what happened in Cypress. Greece falling is the start of the domino effect that will lead to this.

Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 7:30 pm

Ban-Dodger wrote:
Said explanation doesn't really seem very well-organsed. The map is also... well... that map.
nurseangela wrote:

Something like this might be a better description.

Also, I have PERSONALLY experienced & witnessed the corruption that is the Court-Systems, and have even asked the Jailers themselves, and even Jailers agree that the Courts are Corrupt !

Who is that person, BD?

Darn, I flunked.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 9:20 pm

Of course, we all know the only people that exist in Texas are Steers and Queers (at least to a former boss I had while I still worked for Pizza Hut). :skull: