Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Cockroach96
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2015, 4:32 pm

I have finished highschool and passed my exams. I will go to university to study accounting, because I want to become an accountant.

I want to stay out of trouble in university. My plan is to stay away from everyone, keep a low profile and avoid unnecessary social interaction. Do you think it will work?

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2015, 7:03 pm

It worked great for me. I majored in accounting, and spent all my time either in class or studying. I graduated 1st in my class, got into a good grad school, and had a reasonably successful career despite being a weird duck Aspie.

If I had tried to act like an NT and do all that undergrad activity stuff I never would have succeeded academically due to being too stressed out by social crap.

Beau
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2015, 8:18 pm

Hey Cockroach96.

Congrats on finishing high school!

Cockroach96 wrote:
I want to stay out of trouble in university. My plan is to stay away from everyone, keep a low profile and avoid unnecessary social interaction. Do you think it will work?

Probably, but do you think that you'll enjoy your uni experience? Would you like to make some friends during your time there? I guarantee you that there are like-minded individuals who are there to get a degree, are studious, and aren't party animals. But if one of your goals is to minimize the amount of social interaction, then yeah, keeping to yourself will help you achieve that.

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2015, 6:23 pm

I am what people might call a "character" and I manage to stay out of trouble in school by laying low. I am friendly with less than 5 total people and friends with one. I put all my effort into being polite to the professors and reading the material.

Reading what you are assigned is the number one best way to get through any university in any subject.

pineapplehead
Raven
Raven

01 Aug 2015, 11:02 pm

It's really easy to avoid people in college unless you're taking a language class.

dobyfm
Toucan
Toucan

02 Aug 2015, 6:17 pm

I attempted to pull this move and got unlucky last semester because for some reason I got three professors who were huge on students working together. So I had to work on two group projects and working with a partner for computer science class. I did not mind my partner, but the group projects were a pain because my social anxiety acted up. So if anyone managed to lay low until graduation, congrats.