Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

tinyteddy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jul 2015, 6:54 pm

has anyone ever been in a room of people and they were all talking and socializing, and you were there and you thought they were getting along so well because you thought they were related or housemates or something? i sometimes thought that is why people got along so well. but now i understand that it's the ASD. has anyone else ever thought this or felt like this?

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2015, 7:29 pm

Yes I think so. It's as if they're all on the same wavelength, there's a connection between them that they won't share with me. These days, if I get so much of a whiff of that, I make for the exit door.

tinyteddy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jul 2015, 7:39 pm

ToughDiamond wrote:
Yes I think so. It's as if they're all on the same wavelength, there's a connection between them that they won't share with me. These days, if I get so much of a whiff of that, I make for the exit door.

me too!! i love being older. i don't care about such trivial things anymore. well, they still matter but not as much.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2015, 8:14 pm

It's one of the reasons I prefer one-on-one in "real life." One person can't make me feel left out the way a group can. A long time ago I decided that I'd rather be alone than tag along with groups of people who don't have the least desire to give me a speaking part. I have found one or two groups who include me, and I value them greatly. They're always made of eccentric people, nonconformists.

boredome
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2015, 9:52 pm

Quote:
It's as if they're all on the same wavelength, there's a connection between them that they won't share with me

Whenever I'm in or around any group of people I see this. Especially in certain online communities, this effect is strong. It's some weird kind of groupthink. Even if I could fit in with them, I don't know if I would - sometimes in a large group of people that mindset can take over you in a bad way.

progaspie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 6:38 pm

You can't rationalise or analytically dissect human behaviour, so it's better to go with the flow when you interact with other people. But I prefer being with people I know, rather than strangers, in small gatherings of no more than a few people, in an environment without extraneous noises such as loud music, or traffic noise.