Why do a lot on this subforum seem to not like me?

Page 4 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2015, 3:16 am

Thanks for all your responses, I'll take them into consideration.

I don't much care if people don't like me if they have a reason but I know I can come across badly as well. So I was asking.

As for the way I see overprotection all the time, that's because I was overprotected and not in a good way and it's an issue to me. I realize I'm not always right about that. I speak up about it because I'd rather err on the side of caution just in case it's a situation similar to mine and saying something might make the person realize it. That probably almost never happens though. As I said, it's one of my hot button issues so I see it and go after it more than most people

I'm overprotective about some things. Water is a major issue for me because I'm not a good swimmer and almost drowned twice as a teenager, and then two friends of mine did drown when I was a teenager. I freak out when my kids get around water. My mother in law lives on the lake and they have a dock and used to have a boat and skiis. My husband is a fish and loves to ski and does slalom skiing and taught the kids and taught them to swim etc. This meant summer was great fun for them but nothing but death waiting to happen for me when they were little. We would spend a lot of time at his parents when they were little. They are fish as well but I'm still terrified. I freak out about water. I'm like that about riding in cars too and it's gotten worse as I've gotten older. I'm terrified of them riding in the rain or at night, and that's ridiculous I know. I was worse when they were little. Unfortunately we live in the Deep South in the country and it's very common for a bunch of kids to pile in the back of a pickup truck and go ten or twenty miles up the road to the river for all day. This of course has me freaking the f**k out the entire time they are gone because I know they will either be in a wreck and thrown out of the back of the truck or fall out (it's legal to ride there here) or will drown when they get there. These are the days I borrow a valium or xanax from a friend and just go lay down until they get home lol. It's that or throw myself into an unneeded panic attack. I try not to say things to them about it and they know about my fears and do call and check in but lots of times there is no cell service there. Thank God for benzos, huh?

I haven't been online in a bit because as I stated elsewhere the site was so slow it was driving me nuts. I had also been up for a couple days with menopausal insomnia and so I slept for a day and then decided to give it a bit before coming back so the bugs may be worked out. Then last week there was some drama (oooooh nooooo, drama) but it wasn't about me, it was about a friend who was murdered and then there have been several shootings in this small sleepy town I live in that actually has had no crime to speak of since we moved here in 01. I've been caught up in that and posted about my friends murder and the GoFundMe page that someone set up to help her husband in the Haven if anybody wants to check it out. She was shot and killed in front of her kids who were in the pool by her sisters ex bf and he kidnapped her sister and they found them the next day. The sister is ok but of course very upset and has physical problems anyway and may still be in the hospital, I don't know. The dad has a job but it's not one that pays him when he's not at work so a girl who we all know started a GoFundMe page for them. It was on the news about the murder and kidnap, and you can google it if you want. Then a guy shot his wife and son but they are ok, he didn't kill them. Then somebody shot a teenager and dumped him on the side of the road today. Somebody got shot at at McDonalds and another boy went missing and was found drowned and they think it was murder. So, we are using up all the crime for the next ten years this week it seems and I've been caught up keeping up with and discussing that. The friends murder has a lot of back story to it too but I'm not putting it here because hopefully there will be an investigation. Aunt Blabby knows all about it, he and I talk and he's followed it on FB and seen the local posts and screen shots. Anyway, thats why I havent been here.

Thanks for all the input, I do appreciate it. I'll seriously try and remember it. I can't promise anything about my memory but I will try.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com