Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Amandar
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Jul 2015, 8:47 am

I'm sad. I broke it off with a guy that I was seeing. He was totally fine with it.

Crazyfool
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jul 2015, 9:03 am

Amandar wrote:
I'm sad. I broke it off with a guy that I was seeing. He was totally fine with it.

He never cared maybe it's time you should stop caring. If it was gonna get you so worked up why'd u break with him in the first place?

Amandar

13 Jul 2015, 9:23 am

Crazyfool wrote:
Amandar wrote:

He never cared maybe it's time you should stop caring. If it was gonna get you so worked up why'd u break with him in the first place?

He didn't want a relationship with me. As much as I would love to just "stop caring", I have yet to find the magic switch that turns off emotions. Perhaps you could direct to it's location? lol

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 9:40 am

Amandar wrote:

I'm sorry to learn you are going through that. For me it can be a long recovery, but recovery does come.

Amandar

13 Jul 2015, 9:47 am

Marky9 wrote:
Amandar wrote:

I'm sorry to learn you are going through that. For me it can be a long recovery, but recovery does come.

Thanks Marky. Its still fresh and all consuming for me at the moment. Its hard to concentrate. I'm sure it'll get better. It just hurts like hell right now.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 10:01 am

Maybe he's not actually "fine" with it. Maybe he's trying to show you a "tough exterior."

I tend to do that when bad things happen to me.

I'm sorry you're having a rough day. But it will, inevitably, get better for you.

Amandar

13 Jul 2015, 10:11 am

Thanks Kraftie :)

If its just a tough guy exterior then kudos to him, he nailed it. lol

Meanwhile I'm just useless today. I just wanted to talk to someone because I can't get it out of my head. It hurts so bloody much.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 10:14 am

You're not useless.

Crap happens in life. It doesn't make you useless.

What might make you "useless" is giving up on it all.

I hope you don't think I'm being too blunt.

It's just that it's so easy to give up when adversity hits you. I've had that temptation. You have to ward it off aggressively.

Amandar

13 Jul 2015, 10:18 am

It's hard for me to focus and I don't have the motivation to do ANYTHING. I feel like a zombie.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 10:22 am

I know what you mean.

About 15 years ago or so, I felt like a zombie, too. I wanted to just go in front of cars and get hit.

I'm lucky I was able to get on the traffic island before I got hit!

I think you'll be okay. I think you have good strength.

Amandar

13 Jul 2015, 10:29 am

I had that thought too...but then I worried about who would feed the dog. At least my dog loves me lol

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 10:31 am

When I was 15, there was a point where I relied solely on my spoiled Persian cat, Zum Zum.

I think you need some quality time with your dog.

Crazyfool
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jul 2015, 10:57 am

Amandar wrote:
Crazyfool wrote:
Amandar wrote:

He didn't want a relationship with me. As much as I would love to just "stop caring", I have yet to find the magic switch that turns off emotions. Perhaps you could direct to it's location? lol

Why you looking for a switch, your brain isn't a dam circuit board.... Smarty pants. It's called redirecting or channeling your emotions. Turn that "poor me" attitude into "f*k him I can get better attitude" and see which one suits you better ;)

Last edited by Crazyfool on 13 Jul 2015, 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Crazyfool
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jul 2015, 11:00 am

If your fighting the urge to tell me the brain actually is our biological circuit board.... Save me the f'ing lecture, I'm not an idiot, and your missing my point.

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2015, 11:16 am

I envy you having a doggie to turn to!

To be drearily scientific for a moment: for me a lot of the break-up distress comes from oxytocin withdrawal. A recent study suggested that humans can get an oxytocin surge from looking into their dog's eyes. Now I really want a dog again!

Amandar

13 Jul 2015, 11:36 am

Crazyfool wrote:
If your fighting the urge to tell me the brain actually is our biological circuit board.... Save me the f'ing lecture, I'm not an idiot, and your missing my point.

Hold up! Wait a minute! I said no such thing lol. I think you're right. It really is my choice to feel bad for myself. I'm having a hard time because in all honesty the guy didn't do anything wrong. So it's kind of hard for me to say "f*ck him". He treated me well and he was forthright with me. However we didn't want the same things. I would just continue to want more than what he wanted in the world of coupledom...(couplehood? Coupleness? Whatever, I'm making up words). *Shrugs* f*ck it.