Should there be a law against public institutions that lie f

Page 1 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2015, 2:31 pm

Should there be a law against public institutions that lie for money?

Religions and many charitable organizations of all stripes make their revenues by lying to people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ9oBCLwwL0

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... endas.html

Should we help protect the gullible by eliminating all the fraud that is being passed off as religion and charity?

Those who do not believe the lies being sold by religions and charities are presently subsidize the tax exemptions and credits that religions and charities enjoy. What they save in taxes, non-believers and those who actually want to give to charities must fork up.

I am not what most would call a non-believer, I am a Gnostic Christian, but still resent my hard earned tax money being used to perpetuate what most know are lies. If you are a non-believer, or one who wants your charitable donations to actually be used for charity, I hope you feel the same and do not like being fleeced the way the gullible are.

There ought to be a law against institution like religions and bogus charities that live off of lying to the gullible.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/won ... on-a-year/

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2015, 3:08 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:

Religions and many charitable organizations of all stripes make their revenues by lying to people.

Should we help protect the gullible by eliminating all the fraud that is being passed off as religion and charity?

Those who do not believe the lies being sold by religions and charities are presently subsidize the tax exemptions and credits that religions and charities enjoy. What they save in taxes, non-believers and those who actually want to give to charities must fork up.

I am not what most would call a non-believer, I am a Gnostic Christian, but still resent my hard earned tax money being used to perpetuate what most know are lies. If you are a non-believer, or one who wants your charitable donations to actually be used for charity, I hope you feel the same and do not like being fleeced the way the gullible are.

There ought to be a law against institution like religions and bogus charities that live off of lying to the gullible.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL
charities are signposts of an immoral society, so if you resent giving money to charities, why not work to eliminate the need for them(war, famine, et c)

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2015, 3:19 pm

Nearly all colleges & universities would have to be closed down & banned (due to being more about Indoctrination with Beliefs rather than actual Education that would otherwise Teach you to Question Everything). Society is currently Anarcho-Capitalist, meaning that we're already living in an Anarchy, one that Capitalises on the following Modus-Operandi: « There's a Sucker born Every Minute & they're Easy to Profit From via Exploiting their Gullibility »

Last edited by Ban-Dodger on 14 Jul 2015, 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EdgySpirit
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Jul 2015, 3:20 pm

Some people think Gnosticism and Christianity are lies.

How do you suggest we work out who is lying, who is sincere but wrong and who is right?

Lukecash12
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2015, 3:27 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

To be honest, this just sounds like an ignorant tirade against people who donate money to their church. Show us where all the lies are, if you will.

My church, for example, is as transparent as could be about it's budget and you don't have to be a member at all to attend a meeting. And where does our money go? Either straight to a charity that has an excellent track record, straight into helping us feed, clothe, and provide for the unfortunate people in our community, or it pays for utilities, etc. So where are the lies? We aren't all a pack of televangelists, you know, trying to pay for Caiaphas' Cadillac.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2015, 4:38 pm

This thread now needs a « James Randi exposes Peter Popoff » video-clip...

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2015, 4:44 pm

Laws are like television according to some wise quote: however few laws you have, have fewer.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

chapstan
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Jul 2015, 7:56 pm

When I first read the title to this thread, I thought you were talking about Public Institutions, ie Government offices. I think of Religious Groups and Charities as private institutions- non-governmental organizations.

Now if any government official, politician, were to lose funding for lying, we wouldn't have Big Government anymore.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2015, 9:41 pm

You'd be closing down nearly any financed organization run by humans.

If you're able to start generating organizations run exclusively by robots however you may have something.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

15 Jul 2015, 12:07 pm

A law against public institutions that lie would outlaw pretty much all government

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 12:10 pm

Jacoby wrote:
A law against public institutions that lie would outlaw pretty much all government

Really?!? Oh, I hope they pursue it then! I hope, I hope, I hope. Not to be too ironic, but where could I contribute great huge wodges of cash to the cause?

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 12:28 pm

There are already laws against various forms of fraud. Unfortunately, there are also laws that make it legal to use a reasonable portion of donated money for operating expenses. Even more unfortunate is that these laws don't always specify what percentage is deemed "reasonable".

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 2:20 pm

Fnord wrote:
There are already laws against various forms of fraud. Unfortunately, there are also laws that make it legal to use a reasonable portion of donated money for operating expenses. Even more unfortunate is that these laws don't always specify what percentage is deemed "reasonable".

That is a problem.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/13/us/worst-charities/

I used to give to United Way but then this happened.

Now I just give to local organizations that are so embedded in the community that I think it would be harder to get away with embezzlement. It's still possible but I think being a giant and vaguely located agency with a large bureaucracy is going to have an easier time running a fraud because they are so dispersed in people's eyes. The money goes....somewhere. Even if totally non-fraudulent, a large bureacracy will still have higher payroll overhead than my local homeless shelter.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 2:28 pm

Fugu wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:

Do you agree?

Regards
DL
charities are signposts of an immoral society, so if you resent giving money to charities, why not work to eliminate the need for them(war, famine, et c)

I do not resent giving money to charities. If I did would not give.

You seem to have missed the point. Let me try to show you.

Rank Charity name... Total raised by solicitors ...Paid to solicitors ... % spent on direct cash aid
1 Kids Wish Network 137.9million 115.9 million 2.5%
2 Cancer Fund of America 86.8million 75.4 million 1.0%
3 Children's Wish Foundation International 92.7million 61.2 million 10.6%
4 Firefighters Charitable Foundation 62.8million 53.8 million 7.4%
5 International Union of Police Associations, AFL-CIO 66.6million 50.4 million 0.5%
6 Breast Cancer Relief Foundation 63.9million 44.8 million 2.2%
7 American Association of State Troopers 48.1million 38.6 million 8.9%
8 National Veterans Service Fund 70.2million 36.9 million 7.8%
9 Children's Cancer Fund of America 43.7million 34.4 million 4.6%
10 Children's Cancer Recovery Foundation 38.5million 28.9 million 0.7%
11 Project Cure (Bradenton, FL) 53.8million 25.5 million 0.0%
12 Committee For Missing Children 26.6million 23.5 million 0.8%
13 Youth Development Fund 27.5million 22.6 million 1.0%
14 Association for Firefighters and Paramedics 24.0million 21.4 million 3.1%
15 Woman To Woman Breast Cancer Foundation 19.4million 18.2 million 0.3%
16 United States Deputy Sheriffs' Association 25.6million 17.9 million 0.8%
17 National Caregiving Foundation 21.0million 17.4 million 3.2%
18 Vietnow National Headquarters 19.1million 16.7 million 2.8%
19 National Cancer Coalition 42.1million 16.4 million 1.3%
20 Operation Lookout National Center for Missing Youth 18.2million 14.7 million 0.0%
21 American Foundation For Disabled Children 15.8million 13.4 million 0.6%
22 Heart Support of America 31.4million 12.9 million 3.1%
23 Police Protective Fund 37.7million 12.2 million 0.7%
24 Veterans Assistance Foundation 12.4million 11.1 million 10.4%
25 Children's Charity Fund 14.0million 10.3 million 2.4%
26 The Veterans Fund 12.6million 10.2 million 2.5%
27 Wishing Well Foundation USA 12.6million 10.1 million 4.3%
28 Disabled Police Officers of America Inc. 11.4million 9.5 million 2.3%
29 Disabled Police and Sheriffs Foundation 10.4million 8.9 million 1.0%
30 National Police Defense Foundation 10.6million 8.4 million 5.1%
31 Defeat Diabetes Foundation 12.7million 7.8 million 0.0%
32 American Association of the Deaf & Blind 10.3million 7.8 million 0.1%
33 Optimal Medical Foundation 7.8million 7.6 million 1.0%
34 Circle of Friends For American Veterans 9.3million 7.2 million 4.4%
35 United Breast Cancer Foundation 12.7million 7.2 million 6.3%
36 Reserve Police Officers Association 7.8million 6.9 million 1.2%
37 Children's Leukemia Research Association 9.8million 6.8 million 11.1%
38 Disabled Police Officers Counseling Center 7.6million 6.4 million 0.1%
39 Shiloh International Ministries 7.7million 6.0 million 1.1%
40 Find the Children 7.4million 4.8 million 4.6%
41 Survivors and Victims Empowered 7.7million 4.8 million 0.0%
42 Firefighters Assistance Fund 5.7million 4.7 million 3.1%
43 Caring for Our Children Foundation 5.1million 4.4 million 1.6%
44 National Narcotic Officers Associations Coalition 5.0million 4.2 million 0.0%
45 Our American Veterans 2.6million 2.3 million 2.3%
46 Roger Wyburn-Mason & Jack M Blount Foundation For Eradication of Rheumatoid Disease 9.0million 1.9 million 0.0%
47 Hope Cancer Fund 2.1million 1.7 million 0.5%
48 Firefighters Burn Fund 2.0million 1.7 million 1.5%

Crooks all, and there isn't anything illegal about it.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 2:33 pm

Ban-Dodger wrote:
Nearly all colleges & universities would have to be closed down & banned (due to being more about Indoctrination with Beliefs rather than actual Education that would otherwise Teach you to Question Everything). Society is currently Anarcho-Capitalist, meaning that we're already living in an Anarchy, one that Capitalises on the following Modus-Operandi: « There's a Sucker born Every Minute & they're Easy to Profit From via Exploiting their Gullibility »

Anarchy indicates freedom. That is the last thing we are.

We are all slaved to our oligarch owners. Sure, some of us are house slaves and better off than the field slaves but slaves nevertheless.

You would not like anarchy if it was what you had to live in but we should at least know who our true owners really are.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 2:44 pm

EdgySpirit wrote:
Some people think Gnosticism and Christianity are lies.

How do you suggest we work out who is lying, who is sincere but wrong and who is right?

The courts already voted on Christianity and I.D. and found Christianity a liar in that case.

Christianity is an idol worshiping religion while Gnostic Christianity preaches the supremacy of man.

Man can prove he is the supreme creature on earth while Christianity claims a guy in the sky is without proof. Just from this we can see who the lying religion is.

Christianity decimated us and burned our scripture to try to hide the fact that they were the liars and that we were not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKKj_qeOBQ

Regards
DL