MP Hall on modern societal issues and the world soul

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 7:51 pm

I'm throwing this against the wall with a lot of the transcendentalist and gnostic discussion here. MP Hall had to be one of my favorite lecturers, perhaps the best thinker of the west in the 20th century on the neoplatonist/hermetic viewpoint of life - something you never really hear articulated in this kind of depth and detail.

Listening to this lecture right now and wow, he's hitting on a lot of societal topics that get talked about on loop on this forum. Social issues, creeds, philosophies, ethical states of handling technology - this is a classic example of what you usually get with him though.

No one has to watch it, just extending it for anyone with enough curiosity to throw 90 minutes of their life at it. :)

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin