Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 7:45 pm

Done.

I messed up in the extra bit that asked about interviews. PM me if you want to do one on Skype.

b72s2JFK
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Aug 2015, 9:14 pm

Hello:

Please contact me about survey, and I have a lot of info about myself to share to one conducting study.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2015, 9:32 pm

aspiesociologist wrote:
The only thing you might need to look up is ages at which things happened, like age at diagnosis. The survey isn't hugely detailed unless you volunteer that info; there is so little out there on adult autism I'm going for basic info. Hope that helps!

Great, that sounds like I'll have little trouble. :)

iridescence
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Aug 2015, 8:50 pm

aspiesociologist wrote:
As long as you identify yourself as being on the spectrum, I'd like to hear from you! My hypothesis is that there is a larger population of folks 'missing' from the diagnosed population than we realize extrapolating from childhood rates. Of course, it is totally up to you! Thanks for your interest!

I preferred to wait for an official diagnosis. I received my diagnosis two days ago. Then I completed the questionnaire. I wish you good continuation in your work and research.

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2015, 1:21 am

I just responded to the survey. If you are interested in interviewing me (via skype), please PM me.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2015, 9:45 am

Rocket123 wrote:
I just responded to the survey. If you are interested in interviewing me (via skype), please PM me.

Did you also find the last section about the extended interview slightly confusing?
There was a paragraph about the possibility of the extended interview and then a radio button selector for specific city and time combinations or the skype option. There was also an unmarked field just below the explanatory paragraph.

At first, I thought, "that field must be for an email address," but then I didn't see any specific instruction about leaving an email or other means of contact. Looking at this and having missed the time window for an in-person interview in New York, I selected the skype option and assumed that another screen would arrange contact details.

So I was very surprised when the next screen was the end and there was no option to leave a contact address. '

I suspect that that empty field on the "extended interview" page was intended for contact information, but it was completely unmarked. Aspiesociologist might want to revisit the instructions in that section so that it is clear what needs to be done.

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2015, 10:03 am

Adamantium wrote:
Rocket123 wrote:

Did you also find the last section about the extended interview slightly confusing?

Yes. It seemed "broken". Which is why I wrote the above (about having the OP PM me, should the OP be interested in doing a skype-based interview).

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2015, 3:34 pm

aspiesociologist wrote:
The only thing you might need to look up is ages at which things happened, like age at diagnosis. The survey isn't hugely detailed unless you volunteer that info; there is so little out there on adult autism I'm going for basic info. Hope that helps!

OK done. The boxes for adding further info were very helpful. I also liked the drag-and-drop feature in the section about listing the order in which milestone events happened, though I was a little perplexed until I realised it was there.

I didn't quite know how to handle the term "identify," which cropped up a lot, if I remember right, because it's not a term I understand well. I've had similar trouble with a questionnaire containing stuff about sociability and identifying with one's local community / country etc. So I guess I just don't know what identifying is, yet I wouldn't be particularly surprised to discover that I do it. Anyway, I don't think it harmed my responses to the test very much.

JWS
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Aug 2015, 6:08 pm

Nice survey! I actually enjoyed filling it out, for the most part! :)