Costco: Now the official retail outlet of Satan!

Page 1 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 11:50 am

VegetableMan wrote:
This just in:

In order to assure its customers that they are not in league with Beelzebub, Costco has announced that it will remove all food items from their stores that contain the word 'Devil," including devils food cake, deviled eggs, and deviled ham.

Hehe. You are in a funny mood today, VegetableMan! :wink:

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 11:50 am

AspieUtah wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
OMG because one overly religious demon fearing christian thinks the dinasaurs legs look like '666' they remove it entirely of the ordering menu........? And hell even if the 666 is intentional, don't buy the damn cake if you don't like it.

I personally wouldn't mind a cake with an inverted pentagram and 666, but i suppose such things should never be made since it might bother some people who could you know just choose not to buy a product they don't like....Also its debatable how much 666 even is a 'demonic symbol' just because they saw it painted on a wall in some horror movie before the terrible creature emerges to kill people or whatever? My opinion, the woman watched The Exorcist a few too many times and it took it for being real.

Stand back! You will enjoy this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OiyrXoa_xo (Marky9's reference).

The question is "why would the graphic designer choose to do that?" Worldwide branding devices get vetted by all sorts of lawyers and advisers. They end up knowing exactly what the symbology means. Nothing in advertising at that level is accidental. But, is it harmful? That is up to each consumer.

Lol now that was funny...i guess she would advise me to immediately remove the Monster sticker on my laptop...or rather 'hebrew 666' since its just the m on the sticker, somehow though if that's really what the M stands for Id find the sticker a lot cooler otherwise its just a company symbol. But what do you expect from a metalhead who listens to bands with imagry like this:Image in the actual official album cover though that creatures breasts are not covered up with the albums clearly not even trying to hide it satanic name.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 11:53 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
OMG because one overly religious demon fearing christian thinks the dinasaurs legs look like '666' they remove it entirely of the ordering menu........? And hell even if the 666 is intentional, don't buy the damn cake if you don't like it.

I personally wouldn't mind a cake with an inverted pentagram and 666, but i suppose such things should never be made since it might bother some people who could you know just choose not to buy a product they don't like....Also its debatable how much 666 even is a 'demonic symbol' just because they saw it painted on a wall in some horror movie before the terrible creature emerges to kill people or whatever? My opinion, the woman watched The Exorcist a few too many times and it took it for being real.

Stand back! You will enjoy this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OiyrXoa_xo (Marky9's reference).

The question is "why would the graphic designer choose to do that?" Worldwide branding devices get vetted by all sorts of lawyers and advisers. They end up knowing exactly what the symbology means. Nothing in advertising at that level is accidental. But, is it harmful? That is up to each consumer.

Lol now that was funny...i guess she would advise me to immediately remove the Monster sticker on my laptop...or rather 'hebrew 666' since its just the m on the sticker, somehow though if that's really what the M stands for Id find the sticker a lot cooler otherwise its just a company symbol. But what do you expect from a metalhead who listens to bands with imagry like this:Image in the actual official album cover though that creatures breasts are not covered up with the band logo.

This reminds me of the all-time question I have of Satanic rock fans: "If you can't abide Christianity, why do you admire the Satanic imagery that is based on the Christian descriptions of Hell?"

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 12:00 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Also its debatable how much 666 even is a 'demonic symbol' just because they saw it painted on a wall in some horror movie before the terrible creature emerges to kill people or whatever? My opinion, the woman watched The Exorcist a few too many times and it took it for being real.

It is NOT debatable to many, as it did NOT originate in "some horror movie"----it is in the Bible:

Revelation 13:18
"Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666." (NKJV)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 12:03 pm

Jacoby wrote:
The whole devil association with the number 666 is really dumb when you think about it, it doesn't make any sense. Why would the devil or whatever have a number associated with them, what purpose would that serve? Can I claim a number too? It just seems like some weird crazy person superstition.

There was a Route 666 here in Arizona until 2003 FWIW, they changed it because superstitious people and the fact that almost every sign they put up got stolen.

I'm way more offended by Costco in general rather than something that looks like an irrelevant number

Its mostly seen as somewhat of a joke by people who display it anyways, because certain religious groups have made the association...its a symbol of 'ha all i gotta do is write this number and stick it somewhere to scare you' It doesn't mean anything just interesting to see people get all irrational about it shows what religion can do to people. I mean its a silly number. Of course there is actual satanic or anti-christian symbolism(not like eradicate anyone who identifies as christian but in opposition to that religion as in choosing not to follow it)...but people have the right to express that, just like christians can wear their crosses or other expressions of their belief. I hate when they want to have their religion 'enforced' because they are offended by anything that does not reflect christian faith/values...and then actually get their way. But yeah can't say I have much interest in shopping at costco especially if that is the kind of people they cater to, why would I want to pay for a membership to support that?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 12:06 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Also its debatable how much 666 even is a 'demonic symbol' just because they saw it painted on a wall in some horror movie before the terrible creature emerges to kill people or whatever? My opinion, the woman watched The Exorcist a few too many times and it took it for being real.

It is NOT debatable to many, as it did NOT originate in "some horror movie"----it is in the Bible:

Revelation 13:18
"Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666." (NKJV)

That is the intro to one of my favorite songs ever from this album:

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 19 Jul 2015, 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 12:06 pm

I laughed when I saw that picture. Really? People complained about that cake? It seems like some folks really have lost their sense of reason. That cake is not going to bring evil into your life unless you count a case of diabetes or excessive fat.

Alexanderplatz
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 12:18 pm

Stephen Fry, English Tv presenter, said the number 666 in the bible is a mis translation.

Having done some reading on the darker side myself, haven't found anything to point towards 666 being a negative number.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

19 Jul 2015, 12:24 pm

People that are afraid of a number are the same types that are afraid of stepping on cracks in the sidewalks lest they break their mother's back. When removed a 1000 or 2000 years, schizophrenia starts looking like a religion. We shouldn't live our lives based on some ancient mental illness.

ghoti
Veteran
Veteran

chapstan
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Jul 2015, 4:40 pm

On the other end of this "debate" how many times has someone seen the face of Jesus in a stain on the wall and people line up hoping for miracles.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 4:41 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
It is NOT debatable to many, as it did NOT originate in "some horror movie"----it is in the Bible:Revelation 13:18 "Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666." (NKJV)
So? Do you believe everything that you read? Or do you believe it only if it's in the Bible?

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 4:48 pm

There is another road 666 near tampa fl, I drove by it in may.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 5:08 pm

Happy Birthday ya little hellion! :twisted:

ghoti
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 5:18 pm

Alexanderplatz
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 5:28 pm

I think that might be the number that Stephen Fry mentioned - I note that 616 adds up to 13, which has traditional negative associations.

Another thing that Mr Fry mentioned was that Revelation was written on the Isle of Patmos, and that hallucinogenic mushrooms grow there in abundance.

Btw, what a cute dragon on that website - makes me feel all cuddly.