Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 10:25 am

I was just lamenting to myself how this used to be present in America. Like, you could go someplace and hear a small marching band for free and they were there, playing their instruments because they existed in that moment and they thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. It was for their spirits. To exist, they needed to be in the moment playing those instruments for the fun and zen of it all and the people benefited greatly from the togetherness of it all.

Nowadays all that spirit's been replaced by disconnectedness and greed but I do feel that undercurrent now and then and melancholy erupts through my being.

I was just now thinking how great it would be to combine music and movies at a drive in theater like that then I thought impossible because they would want to be paid a million dollars just for making the effort. It would never work. So we all miss out on that enlightening experience because of dumb money.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 12:44 pm

On the one hand it looks like hand held technology steers people away from connecting with those right there with them. Looking down at a little screen all the time is pretty disconnected. But on the other hand, sometimes that technology actually facilitates a whole new kind of here-and-now connection.

I'm talking about.........flash mobs. 8)

Here are people playing their instruments for the fun of it all, in the moment. Those bands aren't gone. They just organize themselves as a flash mob now.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 1:06 pm

Janissy wrote:
On the one hand it looks like hand held technology steers people away from connecting with those right there with them. Looking down at a little screen all the time is pretty disconnected. But on the other hand, sometimes that technology actually facilitates a whole new kind of here-and-now connection.

I'm talking about.........flash mobs. 8)

Here are people playing their instruments for the fun of it all, in the moment. Those bands aren't gone. They just organize themselves as a flash mob now.

Flash Mobs are the sad state technology has rendered us in this attempt to establish some sort of synchronicity our chromosomes crave. I blame television more than anything, though. Once upon a time, people would learn things because there was simply nothing else to do. They would go out and play music together because it was better than sitting at home staring at the walls. They didn't care that someone wasn't handing them a million dollars to do it, it was good to be out, engaging in that endeavor with others. You could have something like a drive in musical theater without it costing fifty bucks a ticket so no one would come due to the excessive expense. It would be a unique opportunity.

On the flip, I love the ease of certain technology, especially computers. Can I do without tv? Only if everyone else had to. Trying to be one of the very few who swim against the current of television owners would be pointless and not much fun.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2015, 3:12 am

Well, I for one personally do not give a FIG what the naysayers in life say; even one person can make a difference; and I am stuck behind this computer for two and a half years after not even being able to even do that for the first two years in shut-in disability; but as soon as the disability goes away, I get off my butt sitting still in front of this ever limiting SCREAM in screen of life and get out in FLESH AND BLOOD LIFE; and I dance; a little awkward at first; but I do not give a FIG WHO DOES NOT LIKE IT OR NOT; and now in 23 months and 3900 miles of dancing walking a unique all free style martial arts and ballet-like dance everywhere I go in public; including 67 weeks of Rave dance helping to lead 100's of college age folks every Thursday Night; I am named by the college age folks in entire metro area in terms ranging from legend to spirit animal to the most recent one of an ICON of Pensacola Florida for dance.

If a shut-in person diagnosed with a synergy of 19 life threatening illnesses, assessed as permanently disabled in both medical and legal terms, with no assessed possibility for recovery; CAN FRIGGING DO That; IMAGINE WHAT a so-called normal healthy person COULD do if they just developed the relative HUMAN free will to exceed the expectations of science, culture, and or religion too.

I am not going to wait for the rest of the world to WAKE UP TO THE FACT that a human being CAN create and imagine their own life as a purpose of heaven in now; in waking up the rest of the tribe where they locally live.

I AM THE CHANGE I wanna BE; AND IF ENOUGH PEOPLE grow a SPIRIT OF EXPRESSING HUMAN BEING as I do now; not only the local places will change, one person at a time; the WORLD WILL CHANGE TOO; BUT the reality is there will be NO ONE so-called Savior to do this; perhaps one person might spark it; but it will take entire 'armies' of so-called saviors world-wide to make life be what it truly humanly potentially most definitely CAN BE; AS I CURRENTLY PROVIDE irrefutable evidence for on all my blogs every day now.

I am excited about life simply 'cause I create life to be exciting with imagination and creativity in super tuned mind and body balance; that shines a light brighter in flesh and blood life than some folks remark they have ever seen before in human terms; but hey like they say a mustard seed and all of that; that lives within me expressing human heart, soul as lighting and thunder spirit; just call me Thunder boy; if you like; haha! with some lightening mixed in for brighter measure; heHE!..:)

Words are cool; but dance can literally be MAGIC; FAR BEYOND A STRIPPER SHOW AND YEAH; SURE; THAT TOO; a little
bit as WELL AND WELL BALANCING IN WHAT DRIVES PASSION OF LIVING WITH LOVE AND LUST AS BALANCE FOR LIVING
NOW; ALL NATURAL; THE FREE GOD OF NATURE WAY!

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick