Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2015, 1:43 pm

Ok. I was in the middle of cooking breakfast for the girls (I have 2 little sisters and one of there friend is staying over.)

In the middle of the stove going I get a call about my medical insurance issue. It totally throws me off guard I answer a few questions not sure if right or now totally confused and thrown off. I hope I answered everything right I was so confused. After I got off I finished making breakfast and stuff but I'm still super stressed!

Not to mention the 13 year old is doing virtual classes at breakfast about 11AM had an online chat session for noon - a little after 1PM and I had to try to get her to review chapter 7 from 2pm- hopefully finish before mom gets home at 5pm. Poor kid rush rush no break practically so I texted mom and gave her a break for the day.

The insurance phone call frazzled me and stressed me out. The call was like a confused drunk lost in thought not knowing how or what to answer if I was answering correctly etc.

Yet big stressors IMO = no big deal

Sister in the hospital due to a heart condition last week. After some googling it's not an OMG HOLY s**t ISSUE! She will be fine was barely in there a day (this was about a week ago). While both my parents were on edge OMG! heart issue!

I even went to bed early 9PM the night of the hospital visit. she was waiting for a response IMO DUH! this tells you it's not OMG! serious run tests ASAP! OMG OMG! She'll be fine sheesh!

I tried not to think of OMG she could die as most people jump too IMO if it was life threatening I'd be right along emotionally but it wasn't.

So?

Big things to me No Big deal.

Small things the world is ending stressed all day long

Anyone relate?

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2015, 7:00 pm

Yes, indeed!
Smaller things than this can throw me off the horse. Well, I am stressed and somewhat in the dumps at the moment, but anyhow - if something unexpected happens, it fills up the whole canvas and my plans end up in the drain. Most annoying.

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2015, 7:07 pm

Yep. The big blows are relatively easy to roll with. It's the damn constant mosquitos that will drive me nuts.

tinyteddy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jul 2015, 11:06 pm

yep same.

jimmyboy76453
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2015, 4:56 am

I'm the same way. (Phone calls are the worst because they're sudden and surprising, even when expected. If I possibly can, I let the machine get it and then call back on my own time.) My grandmother got into a car accident a few weeks ago, and that didn't bother me at all. I've had times when I didn't know where I was going to get the money to buy food or didn't have a place to sleep, and that wasn't too bad.
But my partner called and wants to invite some old friends of his over to our house for dinner. I have to meet new people... and they will be in our home... they might stay late to visit more... I won't have an escape or a place to go to relax.... That scares me. I'm anxious about it; I don't want it to happen. If I could say no, I would. But I can't because they're his friends and he really wants me to meet them.

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2015, 5:41 am

I can totally relate to that. I seem to be calm as hell when most people would freak out. But silly little things I take badly. It's all topsy turvy.

Destruction and creation are 2 sides of the same coin.

nikkiDT
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jul 2015, 9:15 am

Oh yeah. I can definitely relate. You're not alone.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2015, 1:34 pm

Same with me