Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Soomander
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Jul 2015, 12:33 am

So who here plays videos games? I know lots of you do so I was wondering what type of games you play and what system you play it on. I'll go first I like RPGs like The Elder Scrolls series, the Batman: Arkham series, and Grand Theft Auto. I also play FPSs only if others are on it. I play on the 360 at the moment and don't plan on getting an Xbox One or PS4 as I am currently saving up for a new PC.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2015, 4:49 pm

I love The Elder Scrolls series. I'm currently playing Skyrim on my pc.

I've played Diablo 2 in the past as well as Unreal Tournament.

I haven't played a lot of different games because I'm quite picky about the video games that I play. :)

marcb0t
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2015, 7:53 pm

Soomander wrote:
So who here plays videos games? I know lots of you do so I was wondering what type of games you play and what system you play it on. I'll go first I like RPGs like The Elder Scrolls series, the Batman: Arkham series, and Grand Theft Auto. I also play FPSs only if others are on it. I play on the 360 at the moment and don't plan on getting an Xbox One or PS4 as I am currently saving up for a new PC.

Hello,

Welcome to Wrong Planet. I personally don't play games very much at all. But when I do, it's usually games I enjoyed from childhood. Super Mario Bros., Sonic the Hedgehog, Zelda games. Also, I play that 3D endless running sonic game on my andr0id phone. It's actually relaxing sometimes. I go weeks without playing sometimes. Yeah, I guess I'm pretty lame, but oh well. :P

Just so you know, they might bump this board to the Gaming section of the sight.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2015, 8:14 pm

Destroy All Humans
Disgaea
Bayonetta
Pokemon
Watch Dogs
Call of Duty
Resident Evil
Dead or Alive
Borderlands
Mortal Kombat
Castlevania
Sonic the Hedgehog
Streets of Rage
Fire Emblem
Golden Axe
Final Fantasy
Too Human
The Legend of Zelda
Marvel vs. Capcom
Injustice Gods Among Us
OneChanbara Z2 Chaos (I pre-ordered it, but it hasn't arrived yet)
PaRappa the Rapper
BlazBlue
Persona 4 Arena
Doom
Kirby
Super Smash Bros.
Animal Crossing
Metroid
Mega Man
Devil May Cry
Tekken
Dante's Inferno

I play more games than that, but that's all I could type.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2015, 8:30 pm

Admittedly, I'm horrendously out of touch with today's kids and their vidya games. The newest console I own is a PlayStation 2. :?

Ever since I was a kid, I've always been a PC gamer. I grew up with point-and-click adventure games a la Sierra and LucasArts and that's still what I largely play today, both undiscovered classics and new releases. Never managed to get into any other kind of genre.

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2015, 6:11 pm

I don't have the proprioreceptive memory or coordination that would allow me to play video games, but my oldest son is an artist for GuildWars. I hope you'll look into that game. It welcomes noobs.

somebodysomewhere
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Jul 2015, 9:08 pm

Witcher 3 right now on PS4 but I'm often too depressed to play it.

Great game, though.

Mattoid
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Jul 2015, 9:14 pm

I play mostly Rock Band games (I sing). Other than that, I prefer "oldies" and platformers, like Sonic games, Mario games, etc.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 114 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 90 of 200
You seem to have both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits

MBTI Type: INFP
Enneagram Type: 4w5

TeamASPIE
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Jul 2015, 9:39 pm

Hello, this is my first post due to glitching and then further glitching on top of that.

In reply to the opening question, I thoroughly enjoy World of Warcraft (WOW) and the Gothic series (Arcania Gothic 4 is my favourite). Other than my go-to game, WOW, I play: Dungeons and Dragons Online, Lord of the Rings Online, Journey to the Centre of Hawkthorne, Sherwood Dungeon, Age of Empires, and Genesis. I have/do play other games but it would be WAY too many to remember, let alone list.
I have just recently bought Starcraft 2 but it is prohibiting me from playing because apparently it cannot update in my country.
I would actually be grateful for any suggestions of games very similar to WOW, as I cannot afford the paid version and therefore have the maximum number of characters and the constant pop-up of “Starter Edition accounts cannot do that.”

Sorry about the rambling…
Thank you!

sachi Rathi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jul 2015, 4:36 am

I don't get time to play video games, so i play on my Android :)

Word Search is the game i m addicted to. I Love it!

Must try: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... wordsearch

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 10:06 am

I strongly favor RPGs such as Elder Scrolls and Fallout, which I play on my Xbox 360. I find it rewarding to plan and develop individual aptitudes and skills because it is such a good metaphor for my life. I can tailor my character to my natural strengths, e.g. I lack the quick responses needed for melee fighting, so instead I maximize range fighting and stealth.

I was bemused by my last Skyrim play through. I found myself spending many hours at the start of the game simply chopping firewood to sell so that I could purchase as much training as possible to prepare myself before venturing out into a challenging world. I was later taken aback when I realized that is precisely how I have lived my life: I compensate for my relatively weak realtime coping skills by hitting the books so that I can instead approach things from an intellectual direction. I howled with laughter when Big Bang's Sheldon Cooper flowcharted a process for developing friends because I once did the same thing. :D

Generalhaagen
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Jul 2015, 2:25 pm

PC gamer here.(Don't worry, I'm not one of those "PC master race" type of gamers, if you know where I'm coming from) Though I'll happily play on any console and device, I strongly prefer the experience of the PC. With Steam, GOG, Moding, and the level of customisation you can do. I play a lot of RPG's like Skyrim, Fallout 3 and The Witcher as I enjoy getting engrossed in the worlds, environments, plots and characters.

I also have a 3DS and play lots of Pokemon X/Y.

Quietgeek
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jul 2015, 5:48 am

I play World of Warcraft a lot, and I seem to collect yet not play 100's of games on steam thanks to their dreaded sales.

teksla
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2015, 9:56 am

Mostly the last of us either on ps3 or ps4.
Watchdogs is good too

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2015, 10:35 am

League of Legends is the main game I play. I have played multiple games in the past, probably would not remember them all. I know I've played some of the old Nintindo 64 games like Mario and Zelda, probably others to as a kid sometimes but my mom never let us have consoles/video games of our own as kids so it was always at other peoples house. Later in adolecence/teens me and my siblings were allowed limited time on computer games and we got a X-box given to us which we played though we only had a few games. Those included some tomb raider game, this one WW2 battle kind of game with a setting to play against another person that me and my brother played, a Grand Theft Auto, Call of Duty 3, and this really cool kind of Fantasy game but I cannot remember what it was called. Also my cousin had a pS2 that I played Sims on as well as I think the first two or three Devil May Cry games.

I now have a PS3 with some games finished Alice:Madness Returns, that is kind of a hard one but fun and rather trippy...I was tempted to try and find cheat codes to just skip certain parts of levels, but I just persisted and eventually completed the game with no cheating. I also got Batman Arkam Asylum and that one is hard...its cool so far and I like the story line but game play is a little difficult but I'll get it down eventually. Then I have a racing game(wanted need for speed or something but got a different one) so far I suck at this one oh and Sims 3 I have, which i have played around some with.

So yeah I like video games though I don't play them as much as some people do....I probably wouldn't even play League of Legends as much as I do but with that one you gotta keep up on your gameplay and skill, not to mention they do updates all the time which can change things a little bit and effect game play so helps to stay updated on that. Anyways I try to get at least one match in every day...but not religious about it if I am not on a computer a couple or a few days then oh well.

skiddlebugz
Toucan
Toucan

29 Jul 2015, 11:09 am

Soomander wrote:

Hey Soomander, I'm Sydney and 16 years old! I love to play PC games like World of Warcraft, Sims, and Minecraft! Right now I am saving up for a Xbox one so i can play on a Console where it has amazing story lines added onto it! :)