Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

NYAspie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 May 2005, 11:03 pm

After reading the Monopoly thread, I decided to ask what are your favorite board game(s)?

MrMeaner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 May 2005, 11:07 pm

NYAspie wrote:
After reading the Monopoly thread, I decided to ask what are your favorite board game(s)?

candyland..

jk..actually, 'life' is one of my favorites, as well as 'monopoly' and 'trivia pursuit'

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2005, 1:23 am

I prefer wargaming and roleplaying sort of games, although not the terribly slow and complicated ones. I don't really get much of a chance to play these sort of games though.

One of my favourites at the moment is 'Pirates of the Spanish Main', a fun and easy to learn game where the players compete to try and find the most gold and destroy the enemy ships.

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/pirates/

I'd definitely recommend that to anyone interested in these sorts of things, because it is VERY easy to pick up, yet there is still room for all sorts of sneaky strategies.

...of course the real reason I play it is because I like to put on a pirate voice and shout "Yo-ho!" at people.

TB_Samurai
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 May 2005, 6:18 am

I don't really like board games that much, but I guess my favorite would be checkers.

Absolute_Zero
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2005, 5:54 pm

Risk

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2005, 8:18 pm

Life, Monopoly, Trivial Pursuit and Risk mainly. My oldest son's is Monopoly Jr., Candyland and Chutes and Ladders.

Ante
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2005, 1:08 am

Deleted

Last edited by Ante on 09 Nov 2005, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rakkety_Tamm
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2005, 6:13 pm

AntiEverything wrote:
Trivial Pursuit is my favourite, can you guess why? One year I read every single question and answer and having an almost photographic memory won easily. People couldn't believe it at first.

Ditto, but, I like the LOTRs verson myself.

TheWhale
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 May 2005, 1:24 pm

Maybe we should design an aspie board game. Players would have to work around the board to reach some goal and learn about AS and what it means to live with it in the process.

Jerry Newport

Mockingbird
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2005, 1:55 pm

Rummikub, Rack-O, Lord Of the Rings Trivial Pursuit/Monopoly, The Lord Of The Rings Game(it was made before the movies, it' s a very cool game that incorporates lots of Tolkien's other writings), Chess, SNL Trivial Pursuit, Blizzard of '77(extra points if you know what that is, LOL!). That's all I can think of right now, but I enjoy most board games.

tanuki
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Aug 2005, 3:23 am

I don't play what I consider to be games of chance. This effectively includes any game that involves dice or cards... anything that requires players to have luck to win is out. I stopped after an ill-fated game of Yahtzee (which I consider to be the worst of the games of chance) but even games like Monopoly are out. One of the (few) exceptions is Scrabble, because skill so often trumps luck.

The board games I play are perfect knowledge games, such as chess. My favorite of these games is Go. I'm not particularly good at it (18th kyu last time I played, which was some months ago) but it's more fun than chess.

Am I the only one who gets fed up with the usual NT response to game results? When I win, I'm told that it's mere luck and that there's no merit... but when they win, they're the best player that ever lived. (This goes even for perfect knowledge games, oddly enough.) I got so sick of the double standard, and the arbitrary rules changes, and the absolute disregard for rules in general, that I completely swore off of games where luck plays more than a tiny role in the win.

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2005, 4:46 am

I also like strategy games, but I also like word games and fact games (I've always wanted to play a game I saw at the store called Fact or Crap). Anyways, a couple of my favorite games include Chess and Balderdash.

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

Nicolai
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Aug 2005, 11:59 am

<deleted>

Last edited by Nicolai on 24 Sep 2005, 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thatrsdude
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2005, 12:43 pm

Banging my head on a board to see how much damage I can do to my brain.

Astarael
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2005, 10:42 am

Balderdash is awesome... *remembers playing it in yr 10 for music* dont ask why we did it in music... our teacher got... a little distracted at times lol. Hmmm monopoly's always good I seem to manage to win... usually coz i only play with people who give in too easily, but its still counted! Snakes & ladders if your bored... lol.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2005, 11:27 am

I dont play board games anymore but my favourite as a kid was hungry hippos. Cant believe i was so easily entertained.