Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

chamoisee
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2005, 11:33 am

Quote:
I don't play what I consider to be games of chance. This effectively includes any game that involves dice or cards... anything that requires players to have luck to win is out. I stopped after an ill-fated game of Yahtzee (which I consider to be the worst of the games of chance) but even games like Monopoly are out. One of the (few) exceptions is Scrabble, because skill so often trumps luck.

I agree with that. I don't like Scrabble for that reason...I prefer Boggle over Scrabble hands down, every time. For one thing, everyone has the same set of letters to work with. Secondly, the game can be played in about 5 minutes (maybe ten if there are a lot of good words). It is more active than Scrabble and it is easier to get people to play, because they don't have to commit to several hours of staring at trays full of nothing but vowels (or a tray full of an absolutely perfect word with no place to put it!). Boggle is my favorite game...and I never get to play it anymore.

Other than that, chess is good. I used to really enjoy Othello.

Archmage
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2005, 6:56 pm

Absolute_Zero wrote:
Risk

No, Star Wars Clone Wars Risk! If you play the Separatists, you have a chance of taking ofer the entire board with the Order 66 move. :twisted:

we will make it through,
Here we are, like a star,
shining bright on the world,
Today... Make evil go away!

"Code Lyoko" Theme

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2005, 3:22 am

eamonn wrote:
I dont play board games anymore but my favourite as a kid was hungry hippos. Cant believe i was so easily entertained.

When I was little, I used to play that game a lot with my brothers and sister; I thought it was quite fun!

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

Astarael
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2005, 8:42 am

omg i think i remember playing that, and you have to feed all the stuff into the hippos mouth. that was fun!

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2005, 11:48 am

Yeah; I remember it was fun trying to score all of the little balls in my goal. That game was always quite fun; it's fun when you play 4 player, when the competition really begins. I don't play it anymore (the game got broken or lost), but I remember it was a blast.

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2005, 12:23 pm

I wouldnt be surprised if you broke it. Because it was about bashing the button to get all the balls we would brake it every year. I think i got it as one of my christmas presents for 3 or 4 years running. I enjoyed it because it was quite frantic and no-one tends to know who won till the end unless someone was running away with it early. Considering it was a game played on luck and reflexes i was surprised to win the most but since it was my game i probably made sure i got the hippo that was in the best condition.

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2005, 12:37 pm

Yeah; it probably did get broken. That plastic doesn't last that long; they should make a stronger version of the game. But, they would probably want to make it weaker because the more games they break, the more kids would want to have the game back, and then the parents would buy it for them for Christmas possibly; maybe they want to make some bucks or something :-)

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2005, 9:40 pm

MONOPOLY!! !

pizzaboss
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2005, 10:03 pm

Monopoly for me.

tokaia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Aug 2005, 3:38 pm

Monopoly and Scrabble.

mikibacsi1124
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2005, 7:29 pm

tokaia wrote:
Monopoly and Scrabble.

Ditto. I'm also quite partial to The Game of Life.

tanuki
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Aug 2005, 12:41 am

Are we talking about the Milton Bradley one or the John Conway one?

I like the latter, not so much the former.

mikibacsi1124
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2005, 10:41 am

The MB one. I didn't even know there was another one. :roll:

Thagomizer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2005, 6:23 pm

ZOMBIES!! !

Always. 8)

dgd1788
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2005, 6:27 pm

I love Axis and Allies it's so fun because it's historically accurate, right now i'm playing as Germany
and am about to abliterate the allies into thin air

discojohn
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Nov 2005, 6:53 am

I like to play chess because it is a game which you have to concentrate.
It is also very interesting and a clever board game.
Scrabble is a game of letters and words to make different sentences.
Which is great fun and I play sometimes.