Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2015, 11:57 pm

I mean like when God if he is real allows many innocent people to die and suffer the answer is he works in mysterious ways, it makes me think he does not care or exist. When so called wicked people are killed in a disaster it is justice and God passing judgement but when it happens to his followers he is working in mysterious ways? Either he does not exist or he does not care and does what he does for his own pleasure and does not care for his followers and takes pleasure in people kissing his posterior!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 12:13 am

Just to keep you on your toes.

Calvin said that we are all like vermin dangling from a thread over a fire with only God to decide whether or not to save us.

Because of predestination, He knows who he will save and the rest of us are just out of luck. And he's not telling, so none of us know who is truly saved.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 12:20 am

blauSamstag wrote:
Just to keep you on your toes.

Calvin said that we are all like vermin dangling from a thread over a fire with only God to decide whether or not to save us.

Because of predestination, He knows who he will save and the rest of us are just out of luck. And he's not telling, so none of us know who is truly saved.
If he did not give his creations free will there would be no issues but it seems he wants to have chaos and want to punish, he has a darker intent and takes joy in punishing people and killing them whether they worship him and are faithful or not! He is a monster which is another reason I have stopped believing in him! He allows the wicked to thrive, he allows people to be born with disabilities and allows the torment to those born with disabilities, he seems to hate autistic people with a passion! He allows people to be born gay and condemns them! WTF Jehova? AKA Yaweih aka Allah, aka God!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

24 Jul 2015, 1:02 am

Religion is dumb when you think about it, especially the Abrahamic ones. The idea that there is some all powerful all knowing god that created all of us, gives us free will, then judges us on whether or not we believe in him makes no sense. I had the thought at a very young age that if I was truly suppose to believe something then I would some sort of sign or message otherwise it would just be completely illogical to believe and believing something based on nothing is irresponsible at best. God can't tell you to be a good and moral person if it is also expected that you place blind faith into some 2000 year piece of text. If you cannot know something then it doesn't make any sense to have any opinion on it.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 8:22 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
I mean like when God if he is real allows many innocent people to die and suffer the answer is he works in mysterious ways, it makes me think he does not care or exist. When so called wicked people are killed in a disaster it is justice and God passing judgement but when it happens to his followers he is working in mysterious ways? Either he does not exist or he does not care and does what he does for his own pleasure and does not care for his followers and takes pleasure in people kissing his posterior!

What they mean when they say God works in mysterious ways is really God works for the greater good. They believe everything works out for good ultimately because God's goodness endures forever. So something looks evil but it will ultimately be for the greater good because God works in mysterious ways. Nothing is ever really evil.

fluffyfluff
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jul 2015, 8:31 am

If god did exist, he's a narcissistic sociopath

http://atheistenquiry.org/2013/11/23/is ... sociopath/

superpentil
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Jul 2015, 11:33 am

For some strange reason death is seen as always a bad thing. It's not always a bad thing. Would you rather those people still be alive but suffer torment for anything between a couple years and a couple decades? All the disease? The crime, the hate, the stuff that just makes life unbearable? Would you rather those people still be alive and suffer through all that? It's an age old saying: the dead don't suffer.

Like someone else said, it's all supposed to be part of a plan that is for the greater good. For example, I know of people who knew someone that died in an unexpected way. That persons death has caused a few to reevaluate their life. It gave them a fresh perspective. Some of them are doing things more than they were years ago because of that death and some of them haven't. It's all weird.

Someone else also mentioned that the free will part of life causes a lot of problems and they are spot on. Were it not for that, things would be absolutely much more simple. The problem then though is if you really look hard at it, would you consider that life? If it was, God would've been better off not creating a damn thing.

To answer your question in short, no one knows. Maybe if you see Him you can ask Him.

*Disclaimer - I'd like to say these three things: Yes, I believe in God. No, I'm not trying to convert you. I'm answering your question with knowledge I have gained about the subject.*

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 175 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 37 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 3:42 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:

The questions of "why does God allow suffering?" and "why do bad things happen to good people?" have existed - and have been answered in theological context - since the earliest days of religion and are addressed many, many times throughout the Bible. In fact, that's the entire point of the Book of Job.

These are questions that children at Sunday School ask. If you want to make yourself sound so much smarter than "those dumb Christians", at least make the conscious effort to grasp the basic tenants of Christian theory before you think you're poking holes in it. Christopher Hitchens and Richard Dawkins didn't get where they were/are by learning everything they knew about religion from YouTube comments sections.

chapstan
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Jul 2015, 4:00 pm

superpentil wrote:
To answer your question in short, no one knows. Maybe if you see Him you can ask Him.*

Cut right to the chase, this.

It sounds more knowing to say in a deep voice, "God works in mysterious ways." Than probably the more truthful way is to shrug your shoulders and say, "I don't know."

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 9:56 pm

When doing mass murder, crimes against humanity, it is best to keep it on the down low.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 10:37 pm

This vid sums it up well, and to those who cannot stream on their Ipads look up how god favors evil at the local library on a PC on YouTube!

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 11:18 pm

God isn't the only thing that works in mysterious ways.
Many claim that math works in mysterious ways and is natural creation of the universe not of man.
Many claim that aliens work in mysterious ways
Flight MH 370 disappeared on March 8th, 2014 somewhere over Asia or the Indian Ocean and yet no one has found it yet, let alone a scrap of it.
We don't even know why it disappeared...
What causes paranormal activity???? Science and logic haven't proved what it is made of!
What causes the universe to expand? it hasn't been explained yet. Hell the big bang theory is being challenged by another theory.
Where is the origin of man? Science at one time thought it was East Africa, now they don't know with all the new evidence cropping up.
Hell there is a theory that man sprung up around the world at once, due to the new evidence.
Or was it aliens intervening and creating humans?
Where did the Black Plague come from? Science still hasn't been able to figure out where it came from and how it got to the ancient world.

Science and logic will never explain everything...

Those people who claim aliens don't exist, use the same reasons to disprove god.

We can easily go around and around with all the stuff that science cannot prove.

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jul 2015, 7:45 am

God is god.

We humans can never understand god truly, just like a dog can never understand a human truly.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2015, 11:38 am

Any meaningful god has to work in mysterious ways, because otherwise they'd fall within the realm of science and reason, leaving no room for faith, for organizations which use them to justify their very existence and power, or for ascribing a divine origin to human morals so they won't be questioned critically. You need the mystery to suppress critical thinking.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

pinkmoon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Jul 2015, 9:14 pm

Skibz888 wrote:
Christopher Hitchens and Richard Dawkins didn't get where they were/are by learning everything they knew about religion from YouTube comments sections.

I'm not so sure about that :)