My time management issues are slowly taking over my life

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Writergirl53
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Jul 2015, 2:04 am

Ever since I was old enough to be held accountable for managing my own time, (towards the end of elementary school, I think,) I have had serious time-management issues. I am a very good student, and have always received mostly A's in my classes, yet continued to be the subject of many teacher's disdain, and even received lower grades for the simple reason that I was late to class... All. The. Time-- Like every single day, sometimes a half an hour or more late, and sometimes, I'd run so late, I'd miss classes entirely. I hate being late, and hate the reactions it elicits from others, who mostly misinterpret my behaviour as deliberately disrespectful, but I don't know how to stop. I always stay up late, even when I tell myself I'm not going to do it again, I find myself staying up until 2 or later during the school year, and between 4 and 6 am on a nightly basis during the summer. All of this would be well and good if I were able to wake up with an alarm on little sleep, but this ability is spotty. Even if I manage to wake up, I often space out and take longer to do things than I realize, lose track of time, or have last minute things "pop up". I am now headed to university, and I know a lot of people in my life think that this issue will prevent me from succeeding, and that it's time for a change. Has anybody been through this themselves, or with their child, or have any ideas or advice for me? I have already tried obvious things like setting alarms, and have tried wearing a watch, (it helped, but I tend to forget to wear it after a while.) Anyway, any input would be very much appreciated! :)