Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

lauriefrance
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jul 2015, 11:43 pm

Sorry, I need to vent for a sec! So I work at Disney World, and please, don't let the "magic" fool you, they treat their employees like s***. I've worked here for the past three months and its the worst job I've ever had, and that includes the job where I was sexually harassed. I'm absolutely miserable, I want to go home. Almost every day is bad, but the past few days have just been terrible. First off, it should be noted that I am autistic, have a severe spacial deficit, learning disability, dyslexia, mood disorder, OCD, and bipolar, and Disney is aware of all of this. I got medical accommodations and that should've fixed some of my problems. My brain just doesn't work the way it needs to here. During training the trainers expected you to watch and know how to do it one time. I can't do that. I need to watch it for a few hours, then have help for a few hours, then do it on my own for a few hours, and even then I might not understand it fully. Training was about 3 1/2 weeks long. I completed it, although I shouldn't have. So now, I'm "fully trained" even though I don't feel like I am. I went back to the people that did my first medical accommodations to get more so I was only placed where I felt comfortable, that was approved. My managers refuse to comply and let me have my accommodations. So when I'm put in the positions that I can't do, and don't fully understand, I have a panic attack, like today. I've had 3 panic attacks in the last 3 days at work because they won't put me where I need to go. So, I want to quit and go home, except my fiance doesn't want me to quit because he wants to come get me and we can go to the parks, hang out here, etc., first before we go home. He is planning on coming in 3 weeks, but I don't know if I can do that long. I told him that I need to come home and quit and he said I'm only thinking of myself, I'm not thinking of him, he needs a vacation and I'm the only one that can give it to him. He doesn't let me sleep when I need to because he says we don't get to talk during the day while I'm at work, even though I text as much as I can. So he wants to stay up to 4am every day talking when I need to sleep. When I fall asleep before then he texts me such things as "slut", "whore", "cheater", "c**t", and other really hurtful things. He tells me I'm weak and pathetic. I fully believe its the situation right now, because he was never like this before, but my mom says he is being emotionally abusive to me. I know he is for the moment, but he isn't always like that. He doesn't like me to go to the pool because guys will look at me and rape me if I'm wearing a swim suit. Besides that, I have 0 friends here. Like none. People at work will straight up tell me they don't like me. If I post on yik yak (anonymous twitter, kinda), someone will always say I'm annoying. But its ANONYMOUS, so no one knows who I am, I guess I'm just annoying. Within the first month of me being here, I was harassed by some guys for having disabilities, and the administration that takes care of that stuff told me it was my fault for being an attractive female, I was asking for it, thats why I was sexually harassed. On my days off, I lay in bed and watch Netflix. I don't have friends to hang out with. I can't go to the pool because of what my fiance says. I need some kind of stress relief. I need a way to calm down. I feel like I'm good at nothing, so I don't have a talent to pour a release into. I need suggestions, I've tried meditation and that failed miserably. On top of all this, I've never had this much money before and I've always wanted an iPad, and I have enough money to buy one, I just feel really selfish if I buy one and don't spend the money on something important. I just don't know what to do anymore. I feel lost. I'm sorry for the long post, and you're amazing if you read it all the way though! Any suggestions of things I can try would be amazing! Don't tell me I'm in an abusive relationship, because I've heard enough of that.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2015, 3:45 pm

[sarcasm on]

Wow, working at Disney World sucks? Paint me shocked.

[sarcasm off]

I've never heard anything good about being one of the Zetas doing the daily grind in the "Happiest Place on Earth."

carthago
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jul 2015, 10:11 pm

Sounds like you need a new job. If you could potentially make it there for a year (the standard job time served before making a hop), then that would be ideal, but don't wear yourself out there. If you find that this situation follows you, you may find that one or more of your behaviors are setting it into motion. This happens pretty often with us, here on the spectrum of unmeasurable joy.