Will I have to flee to Turkey if ISIS attacks?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2015, 10:28 pm

I'm 16, and was born in the USA and have lived here my whole life. I was also born Muslim and am still Muslim. With Sean Hannity, Bridgette Gabriel, and Pamela Geller never shutting up, the threat of ISIS, and considering what happened to Muslims in America after 9/11, I think if ISIS attacks, I'll have to flee to Turkey, where my parents are from, and my relatives live. Am I overreacting? I don't think I am. I think I'll have to move even ISIS does not attack, just in case... Not only may I be attacked in a hate crime, but I may be deported, or sent to an internment camp.

Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2015, 5:11 am

you need better role models, most people in america actually just kind of poke fun at those 3..

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 Jul 2015, 6:31 am

After major terrorist attacks against the West, most people are increasingly vocal about how it is wrong to blame ordinary Muslims. Most will be on your side :) Whilst there will always be nasty people who want to attack you, statistically they're really rare and it's very unlikely you'll be the one targeted.

Whilst a terrorist attack on the United States is an ongoing possibility, a direct attack by ISIS seems unlikely.

1) ISIS members have their ability to travel compromised e.g. suspended passports
2) ISIS is too busy fighting for its own life to launch an attack on a country a long way away

If ISIS do ever manage to attack the US, the chances are they'll have already taken over Turkey and so you'd be in much more danger there. But I don't think they'll take over Turkey.

If you do want to move abroad, I'd suggest Canada or the UK rather than Turkey, which is very different from the US culturally.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2015, 8:00 am

The danger from ISIS in the US is when people want to leave this country in order to join ISIS overseas.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

29 Jul 2015, 8:27 am

ISIS poses a bigger threat to stability of Turkey, the Turks have been utilizing ISIS as hedge against the Kurds and allows them transport to their country and over their southern border with Syria. There was just an ISIS suicide bombing on the Turkish side of the border that killed 30+ and injured hundreds.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2015, 9:08 am

And don't forget: Turkey is Syria and Iraq's immediate neighbor.