Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

artsyfreak918
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 May 2007, 10:01 pm

Graelwyn wrote:
Does it look like a joke to you? :roll: Yeah, like I would really write something in 2002 to post as an April Fools Joke in 2007. I find that insulting actually.

1. How can it be a joke anyways? I don't get it.....

2. Wow Garewyn, you have a very good memory.

xboxboy247
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jun 2007, 11:57 am

Actually, what we need are more moderators in the chat rooms.

Like discussing Film and Writing?
Go here! http://fwc.eamped.com/

Save The Internet! It's not going to save itself!
http://www.savetheinternet.com/

Lumina
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2007, 9:37 pm

That maybe so, but I’ve found the opposite. I end up having several IM conversations with one person and they find out all of my quirks and off they go to more interesting individuals that they can relate to and getting to know someone new brings a whole new set of anxieties that I have to deal with. I have to sit and run conversations through my head attempting to not make any social mistakes.

UncertainUltradian
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Jan 2008, 9:20 am

Well, I liked it.

syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2008, 7:32 am

Graelwyn wrote:
Something I wrote back in 2002, that relates to our interractions on the net, on sites such as this and in chatrooms...some might be able to take something from it. :)

It often can seem that life crushes those who least deserve it, removing their anchors one by one, removing the remaining dregs of hope from that which they clung to. The hardest thing to face is the fact that, as an onlooker, a face in the distance, there is nothing one can do except sit by observing in a helpless, angry silence. An anger at the injustice of life and it’s expectations. Some might say you cannot help another until you succeed in helping yourself, but as far as I am concerned, that is a pile of crap.

The chat phenomena never ceases to amaze me. People drift in and out, many existing to us for maybe an hour, maybe a day, then vanishing back into the world, leaving behind only a trace on our memory, maybe leaving no imprint at all. Some might as well have never existed. Yet, occasionally, we will find a few who remain in our minds long after they have ceased to visibly exist for us. Their past words, their personalities, their essence will pursue us relentlessly, long after they have left the scene, leaving us feeling bereft, almost cheated. I cannot help but feel that many opportunities are missed in these rooms. We allow the one or two people who might have been on the same wavelength, might have offered something of inherent value, to evade our grasp, then it is too late. They are gone. Gone to such a degree that one might as well be trying to capture the moon or the sun in their hands.

Truth's excuse like beauty's
is itself

NoriMori
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 May 2008, 10:11 pm

dime_jaguar wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:
It was not meant to be objective. This is something I simply dug out of my old writings lest anyone found it useful.. I did not post it as a topic for debate, as such. It simply...is. :roll:

Jeez, why so touchy? Eh, you dont have to answer :wink:

How is that touchy? It looks like a perfectly natural response to me. <-- THIS is touchy.

See, this is why I don't really like forums a whole bunch. You can't hear the person's voice, so something could be taken the wrong way. *sigh*

And I think Graelwyn's right, in a sense. I mean, it's like the online version of those romantic movies where you just meet someone once on a bus or something, and you have a "moment," and then it seems like you're never gonna see them again, but then suddenly they pop up again by coincidence (or is it inevitable...?), and then by the end of the movie you find out they were made for each other!

:D All hail romantic movies! (Y)

sinagua
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 May 2008, 4:17 pm

Graelwyn wrote:
The chat phenomena never ceases to amaze me. People drift in and out, many existing to us for maybe an hour, maybe a day, then vanishing back into the world, leaving behind only a trace on our memory, maybe leaving no imprint at all. Some might as well have never existed. Yet, occasionally, we will find a few who remain in our minds long after they have ceased to visibly exist for us. Their past words, their personalities, their essence will pursue us relentlessly, long after they have left the scene, leaving us feeling bereft, almost cheated. I cannot help but feel that many opportunities are missed in these rooms. We allow the one or two people who might have been on the same wavelength, might have offered something of inherent value, to evade our grasp, then it is too late. They are gone. Gone to such a degree that one might as well be trying to capture the moon or the sun in their hands.

I find this to be true in my "real life," too - seems like every time I actually meet someone I think "wow, I could really hang out with this person, I like them, they seem kind/interesting/etc" it's always in a situation where either we're both travelers (meet on a plane, or in a hostel), or strangers who meet at an event but never see each other again ("I'd love to get together sometime!" and then they never call, and I'll call them, and they STILL don't call back, so I give up), or one of us is about to move out of the state, or out of the country, or whatever. I've had people I worked with that I really thought of as "friends," but the moment I no longer worked with them, I never heard from them again.

The older I get, the less I am concerned with "making friends." I'm now mainly interested in finding people with similar hobbies/interests, and if we can eventually feel comfortable to talk about things beyond that specific interest, so much the better. If not, so be it.